• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wolverines vs an entire Army | Noon on FOX

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why you're celebrating getting a share of the division but not playing in the CCG. You have next to nothing to celebrate this century.

It really is sad how far some of you meeeechegan fans have fallen. You think getting a share of the division is some kinda great accmplishment.

It’s sad that OSU fans didn’t know that term co-champs existed in the B10. I mean, you’ve been co-champs many times over the past 40 years. I’m all for taking away that tag from you.

I accept you resigning all your B10 co-championships. I mean, why would you celebrate losing?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we were!! We were even co- champs of the B10 a few times in those years.
LSU has won a national title I don’t claim. But enjoy your made up co-division title. Enjoy all your participation trophy games the Big Ten hands out to make the loser programs feel good about winning a regular season game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sad that OSU fans didn’t know that term co-champs existed in the B10. I mean, you’ve been co-champs many times over the past 40 years. I’m all for taking away that tag from you.

I accept you resigning all your B10 co-championships. I mean, why would you celebrate losing?

It's bizarre that a meeechegan fan doesn't understand what a conference championship game is.

A divisional co-champ isn't the same as a conference co-champ. But keep telling yourself otherwise.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has won a national title I don’t claim. But enjoy your made up co-division title. Enjoy all your participation trophy games the Big Ten hands out to make the loser programs feel good about winning a regular season game.

Congrats on rescinding that national title! I can respect that!

I’m just glad I could teach you that their is indeed co-champs in college football history. I’m sure you have rescinded all the SEC co-championships you’ve had over the years too.

If history and the conferences recognizes them as championships, I’m going to go ahead and do it too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bizarre that a meeechegan fan doesn't understand what a conference championship game is.

A divisional co-champ isn't the same as a conference co-champ. But keep telling yourself otherwise.

Where did I say they were the same? Michigan has won both, as far as I have seen. So has Ohio st for that matter. Congrats on it!

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why you're celebrating getting a share of the division but not playing in the CCG. You have next to nothing to celebrate this century.

It really is sad how far some of you meeeechegan fans have fallen. You think getting a share of the division is some kinda great accmplishment.

We can go further back than that. Michigan has one shared title since desegregation (and everyone knows who the best team was in 1997). Teams with more than them since 1950 include: Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Miami, Nebraska, Clemson, Texas, Florida State, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Michigan State, Penn State, Tennessee. And about 10-15 others if we count unanimous champs as being better than shared champs. They've won 3 conference titles in the last 20 years, have an average record of 8-4 this millennium, and are 5-11 in bowl games in that time. But no, they won a whole bunch of games in the 1890s, so they're an elite program.

Also, I love how some dude up there thinks that they're a divisional co-champ but somehow their co-champ got to go play for the conference title while they sat on their asses waiting for the Gators to beat said asses.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep patting yourself on the back for that meaningless co-championship that team of yours won. I hope Jimmy Jam hung a banner somewhere in ann arbor for it.

Who the hell celebrates a co-championship when their team didn't even play in the CCG? Oh yeah the answer is you! Funny stuff.

So I didn’t say that after all.

Now if your wrong about that, maybe you’re wrong about other things? You sounded pretty positive of yourself earlier.

I mean, now you know... and knowing is half the battle.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go further back than that. Michigan has one shared title since desegregation (and everyone knows who the best team was in 1997). Teams with more than them since 1950 include: Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Miami, Nebraska, Clemson, Texas, Florida State, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Michigan State, Penn State, Tennessee. And about 10-15 others if we count unanimous champs as being better than shared champs. They've won 3 conference titles in the last 20 years, have an average record of 8-4 this millennium, and are 5-11 in bowl games in that time. But no, they won a whole bunch of games in the 1890s, so they're an elite program.

Also, I love how some dude up there thinks that they're a divisional co-champ but somehow their co-champ got to go play for the conference title while they sat on their asses waiting for the Gators to beat said asses.

This is why I LOVE these message boards. Guys like you, and several other fans will write posts about a team you either don’t care about, hate, or both. Guys like @Wamu , @theboardref , @tnapucco and several others will jump into a thread about Michigan and talk over several hours about co-championships, Army vs Michigan, and discuss in detail all things Michigan.

Seriously, you’ve taken what was beginning to be a frustrating day and made it enjoyable and I thank you guys for it. I look forward to a LONG season of talking Michigan football with all of you. Although if Michigan doesn’t get its game together, every Michigan fan may be gone by the end of October...if not sooner!

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I LOVE these message boards. Guys like you, and several other fans will write posts about a team you either don’t care about, hate, or both. Guys like @Wamu , @theboardref , @tnapucco and several others will jump into a thread about Michigan and talk over several hours about co-championships, Army vs Michigan, and discuss in detail all things Michigan.

Seriously, you’ve taken what was beginning to be a frustrating day and made it enjoyable and I thank you guys for it. I look forward to a LONG season of talking Michigan football with all of you. Although if Michigan doesn’t get its game together, every Michigan fan may be gone by the end of October...if not sooner!
Nice one, you won’t be around in October.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please don't ever schedule an academy again.

major props to Army though, they fought hard. and a big thank you to those who have served, especially any Hooplans. :suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were the one that was bragging about meeeechegan being a co-champ yesterday. If you remember my original comment in this thread all I did was list the accomplishments (or lack thereof) of JH since his return to ann arbor.

If you'd bother to pay attention to his actual coaching resume you'd notice it's very incomplete. But like I've said in the past some of the meeeechegan fanbase choose to ignore he's done next to nothing.

And some of you UofM fans try to judge him on what you hope he does. And not what he's actually done so far. But on the plus side he does have a perfect Spring Game record.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that was bragging about meeeechegan being a co-champ yesterday. If you remember my original comment in this thread all I did was list the accomplishments (or lack thereof) of JH since his return to ann arbor.

If you'd bother to pay attention to his actual coaching resume you'd notice it's very incomplete. But like I've said in the past some of the meeeechegan fanbase choose to ignore he's done next to nothing.

And some of you UofM fans try to judge him on what you hope he does. And not what he's actually done so far. But on the plus side he does have a perfect Spring Game record.

I love the fact I’ve gotten you back to this thread two days in a row!

I don’t remember your original comment at all, as I’m pretty sure I never responded to it. (Although, maybe I forgot)

Thanks for the conversation. I look forward to seeing you in the Michigan game thread next week.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys figured out why we go to Michigan game threads each week?

Probably the same reason a beaten spouse returns to her husband, you just can’t live without us! :suds:

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the same reason a beaten spouse returns to her husband, you just can’t live without us! :suds:

"Little Brother"
"Revenge Tour"
"Who's got it better than us?" video
SportsHoopla Harbaugh Hype
Jim Harbaugh salary

and

When all fails, your record.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious how much of the plays were called by Gattis vs. Harbaugh. Because the god damn runs up the middle to no end sure felt Harbaugh inspired.
But you assured us all summer that Harbaugh was going to be hands off and this was Gattis’s offense.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Little Brother"
"Revenge Tour"
"Who's got it better than us?" video
SportsHoopla Harbaugh Hype
Jim Harbaugh salary

and

When all fails, your record.

I’m glad that is all it takes to get you here. These threads would be boring without you all!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you assured us all summer that Harbaugh was going to be hands off and this was Gattis’s offense.
There was a moment in that game where I lost a lot of hope for harbaugh. It was at the end of the half, there was 8 seconds left. And we ran a play action pass. Like, who the hell is going to be tricked by a fake handoff with 8 seconds left? And then add onto that the not going for a field goal to win the game....just some really eye opening bad calls. Assuming Harbaugh's job not is overall game management, it went about as bad as possible