• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Espnews and Stephen A didn't emphatically say that it WOULD happen, but he says they may entertain trade offers for other players including Mozgov and Love

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not alone in that thinking... but I personally disagree. 'Love doesn't fit with Kyrie and LeBron' is a popular sentiment right now... but I don't buy into it at all.
And I said the other day I believe this was the coaches fault.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the Cavs were foolish enough to bring back Mike Brown for a 2nd chance.
Effectively making him sloppy thirds???

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue will be the Cavs 5th coach in 9 years with Cleveland.
They're trying to catch up to the Kings in the race for the most head coaching changes the last decade.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Espnews and Stephen A didn't emphatically say that it WOULD happen, but he says they may entertain trade offers for other players including Mozgov and Love

Considering Mozgov played for Blatt overseas and has had a rough year... it's not too big of a stretch.

I would be twice as shocked as I am today, though, if they dealt Love. I don't see that happening.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I wonder how much of this was Blatt wanting to get out. The job he ended up with was not the job he signed up for. Not even close. There's been a lot of talk about him missing his family and home, too.

100% pure speculation on my part. Who knows.
My post was intended at Gilbert. Why would you hire a coach if you're not going to allow him to coach?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the coach won't make them better than the Spurs or Warriors, so why bother?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs would of been an home run for this team. There was word last week that some team ask Thibs to coach. When I saw this report I was like Nooooooooo. I heard it was the Nets.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you were a Lakers fan before LeBron got to the NBA.

I was, i won't return to being a lakers fan until kobe finally retires and stops raping the organization

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the lakers use to be a well run organization, it's much more embarrassing for them
Apples to oranges since this is just a hobby for Gilbert. Tehe :dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Cavs need a new schemes that incorporate love. Both offensive and defensive. The solution should not be "let's just get rid of him".

1) They should incorporate Love more on the high post, instead of in the pick and roll. Unfortunately since Lebron and Kyrie dominate the ball so much, he's being used to set screens then pop out for shots. What's being tragically underused is not his post up game, but his passing. They should let Love run the High Post offense and let Lebron baseline cut for post ups. If you're name is not Kawhi or Draymond, you can't stop Lebron in the post.

2) Defensively, they need to scheme better to hide Love on defense. He's never going to be a great defender. Teams are going to always try to get him to defend in the pick and roll. What I would do is, with the exception of a few guards, let him go under every screen. He's not good at recovering, so why bother trying. In most situations, you'll get him running out at a much quicker guard, who flies by him. Then you're left playing 5 on 4, with a guard attacking the hoop. That opens up spacing and the corner 3. Let him go under, and live with the opposing guard trying to beat you from the perimeter. Don't let the other team get into a rhythm.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you noticed that the iso ball generally happens when the Cavs are down? When they're winning and up, the ball is free flowing and multiple guys are touching the ball. This generally happens when you have guys who don't believe in the system.
this is very true...when they get nervous and down they kinda panic and go to iso- which is the sign of poor coaching---

I liked Blatt personally- i had this exact post yesetrday- but it just never seemed like he had any control over the players.

what a joke saying LeBron was not consulted either.