• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 4 vs CIN...MNF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The all22 tape won't drop for another day or so, but this morning watching the condensed tape...initially I thought their OTs had a bad game, but watching the interior play, the DL boys just lit their OL up across the board...Hargrave, Heyward, Tuitt and Alualu all made plays...recently (the last 3 yrs or so), I've felt that the Steeler DL was just better than the Bengals OL...last night was an example of that...and that kinda leads into what @Psych-Ward was saying about the competition.

Sutton/backend play...They played about the same mix of man and zone, sure, CIN hit some open holes in the zone like normal, but my gosh they were defending the ball like I haven't seen in a long time. Nelson was the one CB playing off coverage the most and he gave up a few passes, but overall that was the best defending collectively I've seen in quite some time.

At least on DEF, the struggle here is how much can we chalk up to CIN just not having the horses up front? The OFC, those were their starters, many of them good players, but we know that is not going to work like it did last night, but I like putting that on tape to give them something else to work on.
The battle up front paid massive dividends. Andy made a ton of throws under duress and made it easier for the DBs to play the ball. It sure made the defense look good, but until they play better competition we won’t really know.

BAL & another west coast trip to play LAC should tell us a a lot about this team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win against a terrible team.

Hopefully a win to build confidence off of as they continue to gain comfort with the new offense.

I love the Defense. There are some great pieces there, and even most of the weaknesses were playing well last night.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battle up front paid massive dividends. Andy made a ton of throws under duress and made it easier for the DBs to play the ball. It sure made the defense look good, but until they play better competition we won’t really know.

BAL & another west coast trip to play LAC should tell us a a lot about this team.

Exactly...we take this W and can feel good about it for a few days, but if they lose at home to BAL, they're right back in the same position they were at 0-3...desperate. In fact they still should be desperate this week.

IMO, of course we can't expect 8 sacks every game, and they will lose some battles within the game, but this DL/front 7 should win the war against every OL in the DIV.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you'd rather eat fruity pebbles anyway. :dhd:
Apple cinnamon cheerios are bomb... But I'm more of a Cap'n Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch type of guy.

Hold the piss, of course.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple cinnamon cheerios are bomb... But I'm more of a Cap'n Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch type of guy.

Hold the piss, of course.

Cinnamon Life myself.......:yes:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Grahams are the right answer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a bigger indictment that they don’t trust mason than that gameplan

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a bigger indictment that they don’t trust mason than that gameplan
No. They said they saw a lot of underneath stuff that Mason was missing in the 1st outting against SF. But there were still plenty of plays they dialed up to get the ball deep. Mason simply didn't take the chances. He's scared to throw it deep.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They said they saw a lot of underneath stuff that Mason was missing in the 1st outting against SF. But there were still plenty of plays they dialed up to get the ball deep. Mason simply didn't take the chances. He's scared to throw it deep.
Two weeks in a row, all the wildcat. I’m not buying the propaganda

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks in a row, all the wildcat. I’m not buying the propaganda
Me neither. Offense needs to establish the intermediate to long throws for it to be successful in the long run.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. Offense needs to establish the intermediate to long throws for it to be successful in the long run.
Exactly. And starting the gimmicks to me is a sign of what they are comfortable with.

Btw. James Washington :puke:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@SteelersPride...I thought Mason played his cards right Monday night....most teams are going to go zone vs the young player hoping for a mistake and a pick.

He consistently hit the check down because it was open...as you said, that was something he didn't do in SF. They were fortunate that the players were able to make a play with the short pass and RAC. IMO he chose the smart play instead of holding it waiting for a deeper pattern.

That said...you can't live off throwing a 5 yd pass when you need 8+ for a for 1st down.

I'm not thinking the wildcat stuff is going to stick long term, but whether they use it or not, it certainly gives BAL something new to work on this week.

If the DEF plays like they did Monday night, they have a real good chance vs BAL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride...I thought Mason played his cards right Monday night....most teams are going to go zone vs the young player hoping for a mistake and a pick.

He consistently hit the check down because it was open...as you said, that was something he didn't do in SF. They were fortunate that the players were able to make a play with the short pass and RAC. IMO he chose the smart play instead of holding it waiting for a deeper pattern.

That said...you can't live off throwing a 5 yd pass when you need 8+ for a for 1st down.

I'm not thinking the wildcat stuff is going to stick long term, but whether they use it or not, it certainly gives BAL something new to work on this week.

If the DEF plays like they did Monday night, they have a real good chance vs BAL.

Im not saying mason played poorly. IM saying the staff clearly doesnt trust him. two weeks ago's gameplan was pathetic. This week the gimmicks, the short throws again, etc revamping things. It shows where the coaching staff is.

I think those check downs were there alot by design..............just my two cents

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying mason played poorly. IM saying the staff clearly doesnt trust him. two weeks ago's gameplan was pathetic. This week the gimmicks, the short throws again, etc revamping things. It shows where the coaching staff is.

I think those check downs were there alot by design..............just my two cents

I think the game plan last week, fit last week. If BAL is leaving the check down open or there is a mismatch to be had...I have no problem with him taking what the DEF is giving him. NE thrives on RB or WR vs LB mismatches.

No question they don't want Rudolph to "lose" the game so I agree many of his passes, especially 1st reads were inside of 15 yds. That doesn't bother me that much even though I realize they will have to open it up more....I have to think BAL will play some press man, and mix that with some zone to confuse the kid.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game plan last week, fit last week. If BAL is leaving the check down open or there is a mismatch to be had...I have no problem with him taking what the DEF is giving him. NE thrives on RB or WR vs LB mismatches.

No question they don't want Rudolph to "lose" the game so I agree many of his passes, especially 1st reads were inside of 15 yds. That doesn't bother me that much even though I realize they will have to open it up more....I have to think BAL will play some press man, and mix that with some zone to confuse the kid.
i dunno, i think thats an extremely optimistic, positive spin on things, but i like it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

Exactly, they have to spend time game planning it. You know we have a few pass plays out of that formation. We can just run a sweep or 2 out of that formation and see how they are playing against it. If we dont like the look, screw it and go back to regular plan.

Even if all we ever get out of it is every team talking about what to do if Mason goes in motion for 30 minutes a week, it was worth our time putting it together.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, i think thats an extremely optimistic, positive spin on things, but i like it

I hear ya but they’re 1-3, I’m not sure extremely or spin apply...lol

That said, I’ll take the RB vs LB matchup in space to move the chains, possess the ball, hopefully some good will come of it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Had to laugh. As if they needed it to cheat to win against the Bengals.