• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk. 2 SEA, it's gotta get better!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side. Maybe he was in a rush to visit the jugs machine, or just call it a career and cut off both of his hands. Actually, that might work out as an improvement.

Anyway, some good line play on the D, and some awful. Pretty much all awful in the secondary, aside from a few plays. I figured Russ would pick them apart, and with little running game and no receivers stepping up, we got we should expect.
I really liked what I saw from Nelson & Haden. They were sticky today. But the safeties were utter garbage.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw from Nelson & Haden. They were sticky today. But the safeties were utter garbage.

Nelson and Sutton impressed me. I'm not impressed by Haden. Haden is a 10 year vet, getting paid more than he's worth, he needs to play better.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Rudolph play today, if Ben is out long-term QB is the last of the worries this team has.

Being able to rebound from the awful INT to throw that many straight completions along with 2 TD's the Steelers should be ok there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for James Conner if they want to extend his life as a serviceable RB they better change up their play calling. The hand-offs with NO play action expecting him to power through the line on every play will kill him in 2-3 years.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every word of what Ray said is correct:

Coaching: Mike Tomlin let 20 seconds run off the lock before calling a timeout with 2:21 remaining in the game. The Steelers gave him a replay coach. Now they need to give him a clock management coach. But that wasn’t the end of the game management follies. With your starting quarterback watching from the sidelines with an elbow injury, it was obvious the defense was going to have to win the game. And yet, for some inexplicable reason, Tomlin allowed backup outside linebackers Anthony Chickillo and Ola Adeniyi as well as defensive lineman McCullers to be on the field at the same time on a crucial series after the Steelers cut the lead to 14-13 early in the second half. The result was a Rashaad Penny 37-yard touchdown after Chickillo whiffed on Penny at the line of scrimmage. Play your best players when you need them the most. That was not the time for rotational players to be in there.

Grade: F

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, at this rate of improvement, we'll actually see at least 1 Steeler win by week 8.

But of course the Patriots will be averaging 128 points a game by then.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost would like to see Mason Rudolph play the entire season just to see what we got for the future.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due in large part to a terrible rotation in situational football... This is a poorly managed team through & through folks.

But also gotta say there were a ton of holds from the Seattle O-line that negated sacks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one game or loss that lies solely with the players.

The pick...WR open, throw slightly high, but hits Moncrief square in the hands...he drops it and the deflect is picked. Time to give those targets to Johnson or Washington...this finger is going to be the excuse for Moncrief.

Penny TD run...Chick has him dead to rites in the backfield...professional LBs make that tackle. Ola should be getting those snaps if he's ready. If he's not, they should've kept Skipper.

Dissly 1st TD...Edmunds in great position, failed to make a play on the ball. Very reminiscent of Willian Gay 1.0

Icing the game...the book on defending RW is zone him off, and force him to throw from the pocket. The scheme was perfect, the LBs had eyes in the backfield, yet with the game on the on the line, he escaped twice for 1st downs to ice the game.

The Steeler D gave up some big plays on the ground, but I would give the coaches a better effort than the players. If Ben is done, the season is a wrap anyway, but we get a glimpse of Rudolph. Certainly a better effort at home vs a lessor OFC, but two games into the season, this DEF doesn't look like it's any better than LY...they can get heat on the QB, but not when they have to have it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one game or loss that lies solely with the players.

The pick...WR open, throw slightly high, but hits Moncrief square in the hands...he drops it and the deflect is picked. Time to give those targets to Johnson or Washington...this finger is going to be the excuse for Moncrief.

Penny TD run...Chick has him dead to rites in the backfield...professional LBs make that tackle. Ola should be getting those snaps if he's ready. If he's not, they should've kept Skipper.

Dissly 1st TD...Edmunds in great position, failed to make a play on the ball. Very reminiscent of Willian Gay 1.0

Icing the game...the book on defending RW is zone him off, and force him to throw from the pocket. The scheme was perfect, the LBs had eyes in the backfield, yet with the game on the on the line, he escaped twice for 1st downs to ice the game.

The Steeler D gave up some big plays on the ground, but I would give the coaches a better effort than the players. If Ben is done, the season is a wrap anyway, but we get a glimpse of Rudolph. Certainly a better effort at home vs a lessor OFC, but two games into the season, this DEF doesn't look like it's any better than LY...they can get heat on the QB, but not when they have to have it.
I can give Fichtner a partial pass... His 1st half play calling was atrocious, but he recovered in the 2nd.

Butler did call a better game, but the lack of communication has been a constant issue. And that's on Butler. He keeps running that damn CB blitz and nobody covers the slot. 2 weeks in a row. How is that even possible? Davis did not look healthy out there and was an absolute liability. Not just because of health, but he was out of position constantly. Why are the safeties always being caught with their pants down? I don't understand it. Seems like other teams get better play from UDFA's at that position than we get with 1st & 2nd Rd picks. Having a hard time not believing that boils down to shitty coaching & scheming. The TE TD over Bush looked like Davis was caught camping high center, so it could just be flat out shitty personnel. I could go either way lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can give Fichtner a partial pass... His 1st half play calling was atrocious, but he recovered in the 2nd.

Butler did call a better game, but the lack of communication has been a constant issue. And that's on Butler. He keeps running that damn CB blitz and nobody covers the slot. 2 weeks in a row. How is that even possible? Davis did not look healthy out there and was an absolute liability. Not just because of health, but he was out of position constantly. Why are the safeties always being caught with their pants down? I don't understand it. Seems like other teams get better play from UDFA's at that position than we get with 1st & 2nd Rd picks. Having a hard time not believing that boils down to shitty coaching & scheming. The TE TD over Bush looked like Davis was caught camping high center, so it could just be flat out shitty personnel. I could go either way lol.

Well with Ben officially out the rest of the 2019 and maybe career...the D has to step up if Tomlin’s “streak” is to stay intact