• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 16...@ NYJ

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here We Go!

The Steelers path to the playoffs comes down to the final two games, both on the road. PIT is tied with the TN Titans at 8-6, but they hold the conference record tie breaker over TN by one game. The Titans play host to Saints this week. Regardless of the outcomes this weekend it appears as if the 6th seed will go down to week 17. If they both somehow finish 9-7 with 7-5 conference records…I think Strength of Schedule is the next tie breaker and currently PIT SOS is .487 and TN is .459 so the edge still goes to PIT.

The Jets…I think many of us look back on the Jets offseason and thought…wow, they spent a lot of money on a LB and RB. New HC, who was not all that impressed with the Bell signing...to the degree the GM was let go. Unfortunately CJ Mosely’s season was cut way short due to a season ending injury. I remember watching them in preseason vs the Falcons and thought…wow, that front 7 is going to be tough but they don’t seem to have enough on OFC. To date, the OFC is ranked 28th, and the DEF is 20th. They traded FA to be DE Leonard Williams to the Giants mid season, so the anticipated tandem of Williams and Williams (rookie high pick Quinnen Williams) never developed.

Obviously the free agent signing of LeVeon Bell will be a topic all week, but the results have not been what Bell or the Jets expected. Thru 13 games 204 carries for 676 yds and 3 TD…3.3 ypc. Receiving 69 targets 57/404/1TD. Not terrible, but not worth the money they’re paying him.

Injuries

Juju Smith-Schuster (Knee), McDonald (Concussion) notables…we’ll have to see if anyone else like Conner pops up on here.

Outlook

Practically a toss up, Vegas has PIT -3. I took a fairly positive outlook into the game last week only to see the OL get pushed around on their home field. I think the Jets will try to duplicate that same effort. Look for Gregg Williams to attack the Steeler OL with a heavy blitz package from a variety of angles and directions to get Duck’s attention focused on the pass rush instead of his targets. That will be backed up back zone with hopes of getting their share of INTs from the young QB.

This week Ducks may not go for 300 yds in the air, but he will be have better ball security. The Steelers bottle up Bell for less than 100 yds and they get a turnover or two themselves and get out of there with the 9th W of the year…I’m calling this one 24-13 Steelers.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O... Gotta hope the Hodges learned a lot from last week. But my concern will always be with Fichtner. His playcalling was painful last week. If he really wants to take the pressure off Hodges then he needs to run the ball more. But he can’t keep trying to pound it down their throats on 1st & 2nd downs setting up 3rd & long. Greg Williams is a smart DC and will give them a lot of different looks. Need the O-line to pull its head out of the sand this week.

D... I think the blueprint to outscheme this defense is starting to take shape. Chipping Watt & Dupree on 3rd down seems to be enough to keep the pocket clean. And Tomlin’s D has been content to sit in zones a lot more lately which hasn’t really stopped offenses from mounting drives. Luckily Darnold is a very subpar QB. They have to get better pressure from inside. I’d like to see them send Bush & Barron on blitzes more, instead of DBs from the slot. That’s becoming too predictable and easy to read. But they need to be smart about it. Gap containment will be critical going against Bell. Jets are very capable of putting up 30-34pts so they need to just focus on doing their jobs.

If the offense can establish itself with more rhythm then I can see the Steelers winning this game. But if they continue to flake out and exhaust the defense then it’s going to be a tight game.

Going to go with a close one:
Steelers 20
Jets 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O... Gotta hope the Hodges learned a lot from last week. But my concern will always be with Fichtner. His playcalling was painful last week. If he really wants to take the pressure off Hodges then he needs to run the ball more. But he can’t keep trying to pound it down their throats on 1st & 2nd downs setting up 3rd & long. Greg Williams is a smart DC and will give them a lot of different looks. Need the O-line to pull its head out of the sand this week.

D... I think the blueprint to outscheme this defense is starting to take shape. Chipping Watt & Dupree on 3rd down seems to be enough to keep the pocket clean. And Tomlin’s D has been content to sit in zones a lot more lately which hasn’t really stopped offenses from mounting drives. Luckily Darnold is a very subpar QB. They have to get better pressure from inside. I’d like to see them send Bush & Barron on blitzes more, instead of DBs from the slot. That’s becoming too predictable and easy to read. But they need to be smart about it. Gap containment will be critical going against Bell. Jets are very capable of putting up 30-34pts so they need to just focus on doing their jobs.

If the offense can establish itself with more rhythm then I can see the Steelers winning this game. But if they continue to flake out and exhaust the defense then it’s going to be a tight game.

Going to go with a close one:
Steelers 20
Jets 17

OFC...DEFs have figured out that when they blitz the young Steeler QBs, they are looking short in the flat. But I agree 100%, Fich has to get more production from the run game. I get they don't want the QB to lose the football game, but he's got to give Duck more room to hang himself or put 20+ points on the board...putting the kid in 3rd and obvious does more harm than throwing an ocassional playaction pass on 1st down imo.

DEF...IDK, maybe they are figuring them out, but I'm not too concerned about the DEF. BUF scored 17 vs the Steelers DEF, and the same vs BAL maybe 60 yds more total vs PIT...and BAL blitzed them a lot more than PIT did. Barring short field drives, I don't see the Jets scoring more than 2 TDs in this game.

IDT PIT can play anything other than close games right now if they expect to win....I didn't realize how spoiled we were with Ben...lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive matchup to watch... Interior DL vs the Jets RG. Their RG is the 3rd string interior OL for the Jets. Heyward & Hargrave should feast on this matchup.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers inactives for Week 16 vs Jets

PIT
No. 5 QB Paxton Lynch
No. 25 CB Artie Burns
No. 27 S Marcus Allen
No. 51 LB Tuzar Skipper
No. 76 OL Chukwuma Okorafor
No. 81 TE Zach Gentry
No. 82 WR Amara Darboh

NYJ
No. 18 WR Demaryius Thomas
No. 21 CB Nate Hairston
No. 32 CB Blake Countess
No. 36 RB Josh Adams
No. 38 RB Kenneth Dixon
No. 39 S Bennett Jackson
No. 77 OL Tom Compton

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather the practice squad guy (Paxton) instead of Rudolph if a change were to be made but hopefully the Duck has a solid game!

PIT 17
NYJ 13

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive recap today:

3-14 on 3rd downs today... 21%

PUTRID

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some bullshit

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This infuriated me...

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had a chance when Duck was benched.

But a few beers later (and one whiskey and water) and he's back in.

So much for the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...what have we learned as fans this year?

We got a glimpse into the post Ben era and as we thought, it ain't pretty. Hopefully he's back next year.

Mason Rudolph is a back up in this league.

Duck Hodges is a back up in this league.

The FO made the right choice on Dupree.

As far as the game goes...carbon copy of the game before. QB play simply not good enough to win. I'd still like to see them make the playoffs just for the experience of it with so many young guys, but honestly TN will be better competition for the 3rd seed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had a chance when Duck was benched.

But a few beers later (and one whiskey and water) and he's back in.

So much for the playoffs.

I'd still like to see the youngsters get in, but truth be told, TN will be better match up for KC or whomever the 3rd seed is.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still like to see the youngsters get in, but truth be told, TN will be better match up for KC or whomever the 3rd seed is.
Yeah I'd definitely like to see them make the postseason. Not that they would do anything once there, but it's another Steeler game and that's always a good thing.