• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 16...@ NYJ

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd definitely like to see them make the postseason. Not that they would do anything once there, but it's another Steeler game and that's always a good thing.

Yep...just to experience the speed change with JAN football...#18 already said he was hitting the rookie wall.

Both young QBs teased us. Maybe the Steeler standard we're accustomed to is not fair to them on such limited snaps, but I think we can see starter material and they're not starters.

In hindsight, it would've been fun to see if lightning could strike twice in the DIV with Dobbs as the QB3. LOL

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you overstated pleasure just a tad...probably nice to go to the game though.

There was very little pleasure other then when they tied it up 10-10.....only to see one of the worst Steeler offenses in memory.....Would probably have to go back to the 80's to find worse......Had chances at the end, but once again had too many 3rd n long to overcome......Heaven forbid a 5 yard pass on 2nd down instead of a run into a pile of Jet defenders....The play calling absolutely blows and with little imagination to get the ball to their best playmakers.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was very little pleasure other then when they tied it up 10-10.....only to see one of the worst Steeler offenses in memory.....Would probably have to go back to the 80's to find worse......Had chances at the end, but once again had too many 3rd n long to overcome......Heaven forbid a 5 yard pass on 2nd down instead of a run into a pile of Jet defenders....The play calling absolutely blows and with little imagination to get the ball to their best playmakers.....
Found a factoid yesterday that said the last time the Steelers offense failed to score 30pts or more in a full season was back in 1971.

Said it a lot after the Bills game, but the Steelers need to get better on 1st & 2nd downs. Those 3rd & longs were setting them up for failure too often.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw the Steelers at the Meadowlands as well...quite a few yrs ago...also Jets.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Steelers at the Meadowlands as well...quite a few yrs ago...also Jets.

Which one? I’ve been to every Steeler game at Giant Stadium/Met Life going back to the late 80’s.....I saw Al Toon get knocked cold in 1989, I think Lloyd counted him out like in wrestling (not a fan of that behavior) Tim Cokehead Worley even scored one that game....Saw Big Ben vs Eli in 2004, great game, shootout and the Bus ran wild...was there after Sandy hit in 2012, was insanely cold, Wallace caught a slant in for a TD and Redman had a huge game running.....big comeback down 20-10 and the drunkest I’ve ever been at a sporting event....:drink:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? I’ve been to every Steeler game at Giant Stadium/Met Life going back to the late 80’s.....I saw Al Toon get knocked cold in 1989, I think Lloyd counted him out like in wrestling (not a fan of that behavior) Tim Cokehead Worley even scored one that game....Saw Big Ben vs Eli in 2004, great game, shootout and the Bus ran wild...was there after Sandy hit in 2012, was insanely cold, Wallace caught a slant in for a TD and Redman had a huge game running.....big comeback down 20-10 and the drunkest I’ve ever been at a sporting event....:drink:

Good question...I wasn't making a ton of money back then, I'm sure those were vendor tickets which meant my cash could be spent on beers...my daughter was barely walking, and before my son was born...Bubby was the starting QB...Steelers won fairly easily....the power of the internet helped out here...1990.