• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With UConn jumping ship, the AAC has decisions to make.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, leaving the MWC to go to the AAC would not be an upgrade for BSU.

Boise was going to the Big East and then when all the changes occurred and the Big East was split off plus
the AAC lost their BCS status and was demoted to mid-major status, Boise backed out of that. They would
have switched for being in a league with an automatic berth into the playoffs, but it was a waste of money
when that automatic opportunity went away.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the AAC I would send invites to the following teams:

* U of Buffalo Bulls
* UNC-Charlotte 49ers
* UTSA Roadrunners
* UAB Blazers

They should go to a 14 team league, AAC coverage in these TV markets. They could delay the money each school will receive for 2 years, or give them a partial amount.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* U of Buffalo Bulls
* UNC-Charlotte 49ers
* UTSA Roadrunners
* UAB Blazers

They should go to a 14 team league, AAC coverage in these TV markets. They could delay the money each school will receive for 2 years, or give them a partial amount.

I would also look at adding Army, if they could only get 3 out of the four teams mentioned above.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why UConn wants out.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* U of Buffalo Bulls
* UNC-Charlotte 49ers
* UTSA Roadrunners
* UAB Blazers

There's costs for going past twelve members as a non-P5 conference. You have to ensure that the media contract payout covers for the fact that the CFP paycheck for G5 conferences only covers up to 12 teams so any additional member beyond 12 reduces the per school payout by that much. I've seen figures posted elsewhere (but haven't been able to independently confirm) that the AAC's share of the playoff money is around $2 million per school, so by adding teams #13 & 14 they are going to have schools that significantly increase the media payout to make it financially feasible.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Army?

Adding Army as a FB-only associate would work if they got creative. Leave Navy in the West & put Army in the East. Both teams are allowed to schedule 8 conference games to be played prior to the conference championship game, but they keep the Army-Navy game as a non-conference affair so they can still play it after the CCG.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Army as a FB-only associate would work if they got creative. Leave Navy in the West & put Army in the East. Both teams are allowed to schedule 8 conference games to be played prior to the conference championship game, but they keep the Army-Navy game as a non-conference affair so they can still play it after the CCG.

That could work. I know that Bama and Auburn play a baseball game every year that is not considered an SEC league
game.

When Miami is off our baseball schedule (ACC games), we still play them in a w/e OOC series.

I believe Wake and UNC have scheduled an OOC game between the two teams. (Or they did)