• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the hiring of a new DC in D.C. other big changes are coming too!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.. but who are the players?? If you trade them all away as you propose, we go in with a bunch of 3rd and 4th round rookies. Because if they are as you say marginal at best starters, we are not going to get a bunch of high first round picks for them right?? Its all fine and dandy to LOOK for upgrades, but you dont get rid of the few good players we do have in order to replace them with mid to late round draft picks. You are damning Snyder for mismanagement and shortsightedness, yet saying that we should trade away the few actually solid starters we have.

Thats like saying I have a car that runs, but its not sexy enough. So let me sell it on craigs list and take the Bus until such time i come across the deal of the century on the car I wish I had. Nevermind that while IM taking the bus, Im giving up more time because i have to go by the bus schedule and the car of my dreams might not come along for another 10 years at the price I want it for.

The ONLY way that they become backups is, if you have starters in front of them. Nobody's saying to get rid of them without a plan to replace them already set in motion. I'm pretty good in thinking things through as noted by my reference to free agency. I know that we have been "chasing elites" as you call them but this is a different GM from Bruce and Vinny (I'll concede that He's still the owner) but to be honest he just might be the happiest guy this off season because they are going to spend some money in free agency. I suspect most of it will be for defensive guys. BTW: I also didn't say trade anyone at all, just "send out feelers" in order to gauge value in the event that there's something there that further helps improve...er...upgrade this team. Everything else that you've written after mistakenly interpreting what I wrote about trade feelers doesn't apply. Nice analogy though, I've always enjoyed them. (maybe except one)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY way that they become backups is, if you have starters in front of them. Nobody's saying to get rid of them without a plan to replace them already set in motion. I'm pretty good in thinking things through as noted by my reference to free agency. I know that we have been "chasing elites" as you call them but this is a different GM from Bruce and Vinny (I'll concede that He's still the owner) but to be honest he just might be the happiest guy this off season because they are going to spend some money in free agency. I suspect most of it will be for defensive guys. BTW: I also didn't say trade anyone at all, just "send out feelers" in order to gauge value in the event that there's something there that further helps improve...er...upgrade this team. Everything else that you've written after mistakenly interpreting what I wrote about trade feelers doesn't apply. Nice analogy though, I've always enjoyed them. (maybe except one)

Fair enough. But I will point out that aside from Norman... our GM has been as accurate as Stevie Wonder with a .50 cal in Free Agency.:D

I trust him in the draft..mostly. But his free agent track record leaves much to be desired.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But I will point out that aside from Norman... our GM has been as accurate as Stevie Wonder with a .50 cal in Free Agency.:D

I trust him in the draft..mostly. But his free agent track record leaves much to be desired.

Writing my post season assessment now, it includes Scott.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan would start on 24 out of the 31 teams not named Washington, Baker if we dont resign him, will likely get a starting role on 20 of the 31 teams NOT named Washington. Smith, Murphy and Likely Breeland would get the chance to compete for, or likely outright start on at least 16 of the 31 teams not named Washington.

I agree we need some upgrades on the defense. alot of them in fact. But the idea that Norman is the only real starter we have... come on man.

RK would start on every team. I would like to know which he wouldn't.