• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 1st pick...the Texans select...

...the Texans select.....

• QB Blake Bortles

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • QB Johnny Manziel

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • QB Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • DE Jadaveon Clowney

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • WR Sammy Watkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Greg Robinson

• OT Jake Matthews

• LB Khalil Mack

• WR Mike Evans

• QB Derek Carr

• trade down (please specify team)

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bridgewater is a better game manager than "pick-6" or the other bad QBs they have then the Texans are tremendously better off on offense next season. If Bridgewater plays near the same quality as he did in college then the Texans make the playoffs next season.

If Clowney gets 10 sacks they still won't be able to score enough to win.

There is a chance the Texans do their homework and find a 2nd or 3rd round QB. If so then hats off to them. But I think Bridgewater or Bortles would solidify the most important position on their team and that outwieghs any dream of having two pro-bowl DEs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno isn't a great passer, but hardly worse than manziel. Flacco and kaepernick outright shit on him.

What do you have against Manziel? It isn't as if the guy was completing 50-60% of his passes in college. He completed 70% this year playing in the SEC.

If Manziel was a little taller -- he'd be hands down the #1 pick in the draft. He is still slightly bigger than the guy who just won the Super Bowl with Seattle and he is faster.

No one knows how Manziel's talents will translate to the NFL, as we haven't seen players like him. He isn't a running QB, per se, but his scrambling is the best we've seen in a long time. Outside of his height -- he had the biggest hands out of any QB at the combine and was the 2nd fastest QB. He has shown he can make the throws, but teams are worried about if can be a pocket passer, as he didn't do much of that at A&M.

I think he will be a lot like Russell Wilson with more speed and more elusive. With the right team -- I think Manziel will be a heck of a player.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:
What do you have against Manziel? It isn't as if the guy was completing 50-60% of his passes in college. He completed 70% this year playing in the SEC.

If Manziel was a little taller -- he'd be hands down the #1 pick in the draft. He is still slightly bigger than the guy who just won the Super Bowl with Seattle and he is faster.

No one knows how Manziel's talents will translate to the NFL, as we haven't seen players like him. He isn't a running QB, per se, but his scrambling is the best we've seen in a long time. Outside of his height -- he had the biggest hands out of any QB at the combine and was the 2nd fastest QB. He has shown he can make the throws, but teams are worried about if can be a pocket passer, as he didn't do much of that at A&M.

I think he will be a lot like Russell Wilson with more speed and more elusive. With the right team -- I think Manziel will be a heck of a player.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate for a QB doesn't mean reaching for a bad one is worth doing.

Seems odd to knock Manziel when your avatar is that of a player who is basically a slower, shorter version of Manziel.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will be well below average in literally every skill of relevance in the NFL. He is a bad passer, a terrible decision maker, a below average athlete by NFL standards. There is nothing going for the guy.

Plus he's a head case? He isn't worth a UDFA signing if he was sane. He simply cannot play.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems odd to knock Manziel when your avatar is that of a player who is basically a slower, shorter version of Manziel.

I lost a bet. However Wilson is much better both as a passer and as a decision maker tha Manziel, and is still IMO average at best.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be well below average in literally every skill of relevance in the NFL. He is a bad passer, a terrible decision maker, a below average athlete by NFL standards. There is nothing going for the guy.

Plus he's a head case? He isn't worth a UDFA signing if he was sane. He simply cannot play.

Explain Russell Wilson to me then, who is a shorter, slower version of Manziel. Also -- a "bad passer" doesn't complete 70% of his passes in ANY league, let alone the SEC.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow completed 66.5% of his passes as an SEC QB. Manziel has not made a single NFL caliber throw in his life.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost a bet. However Wilson is much better both as a passer and as a decision maker tha Manziel, and is still IMO average at best.

Hmmmm -- that explains everything I need to hear. 1st two years in the league and Wilson has 100.6 QB rating with 52 tds and 19 ints and he is average at best.

If what Wilson has done is 'average' -- The majority of teams in the NFL would love to have an average QB like him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he's a head case?
He's not a head case, just a prick. And that isn't something new to professional sports. If he can become a bit more humble the sky is the limit for him.

He simply cannot play.
This opinion is laughable. His play in the nation's best conference, and his Heisman trophy, speak for themselves. If he wasn't such a douchebag, he'd probably wouldn't teams questioning picking him. A cancer in the locker room trumps play/potential all day. I'll take that over your opinion any day.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a head case, just a prick. And that isn't something new to professional sports. If he can become a bit more humble the sky is the limit for him.

This opinion is laughable. His play in the nation's best conference, and his Heisman trophy, speak for themselves. If he wasn't such a douchebag, he'd probably wouldn't teams questioning picking him. A cancer in the locker room trumps play/potential all day. I'll take that over your opinion any day.

At the NFL level, he is below average to terrible at literally everything.

Name one thing he's above average at?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has not made a single NFL caliber throw in his life.

I guess you know more than the NFL scouts. Must be nice to pass for almost 8000 yards in 26 games with 63 tds and not have to make one NFL caliber throw. Oh yeah -- he also had 2200 yards rushing and 30 tds.

10000 yards of offense and 93 touchdowns in 26 games he accounted for and yet he hasn't made a single throw he will have to make in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm -- that explains everything I need to hear. 1st two years in the league and Wilson has 100.6 QB rating with 52 tds and 19 ints and he is average at best.

If what Wilson has done is 'average' -- The majority of teams in the NFL would love to have an average QB like him.

That team is set up so he doesn't have anything to carry. There are a lot of guys who could be efficient with that defense keeping them in good situations and a great running game pounding the ball. He has carried nothing and that team wins the Super Bowl with any of half the league at QB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you know more than the NFL scouts. Must be nice to pass for almost 8000 yards in 26 games with 63 tds and not have to make one NFL caliber throw. Oh yeah -- he also had 2200 yards rushing and 30 tds.

10000 yards of offense and 93 touchdowns in 26 games he accounted for and yet he hasn't made a single throw he will have to make in the NFL.

College smothered is NFL wide open. He will be the worst passer in the league unless someone signs Tebow back up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the NFL level, he is below average to terrible at literally everything.

Name one thing he's above average at?

Seeing as how he hasn't played a single snap in the NFL -- we really don't have a clue. You'd think someone whose team has had a 6th round pick as their QB for the last decade would understand, different skill sets translate better to the NFL.

I can say without question though -- his scrambling and ability to extend a play is way above average. I can also say without question, he is way above average as a runner too.

We won't know how his passing translates until he actually steps on the field. I guarantee NE didn't think they had a future HOFer when they drafted Brady. Same goes for Seattle -- I bet they didn't think Wilson would be leading them to a Super Bowl in year 2 after taking the 5'11" QB in round 3.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team is set up so he doesn't have anything to carry. There are a lot of guys who could be efficient with that defense keeping them in good situations and a great running game pounding the ball. He has carried nothing and that team wins the Super Bowl with any of half the league at QB.

The Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer is a team where the QB had to do nothing but take care of the ball.

When your QB has 101.2 rating with 26 tds while throwing for 3400 yards and rushing for 550 -- That is hardly a game manager at QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel will be a good QB if a team already has pieces in place. He is very similar to Russell Wilson. Undersized with large hands so he'll have the arm strength to get the job done. Manziel might struggle inside the pocket but Wilson 'struggles' in similar ways. Wilson does have a good deep ball and thats something Manziel is going to have to work on. Manziel can be a good QB on a run first team.

Bortles will be the #1 pick, however. He looks less injury prone than Manziel and Bridgewater, has an 'it' factor and his flaws can be worked on.

The Texans are in a weird spot, though. Schaub used to be good. He completely tanked their whole team for one year but maybe he comes back to his old, injury prone mediocre self. A mediocre QB can win that division if that defense becomes elite. Andrew Luck takes more hits than any QB in football in both seasons he has been in the league. JJ Watt is arguably the best at what he does in all of football. It wouldn't be unheard of to take Clowney but it would buck tradition. Normally new head coaches tie themselves to QBs. I dont think O'Brien picked the Texans to stick with Schaub. Usually they announce their intentions to stick with a QB ahead of time like Fisher with Bradford.

I'm about 80% sure itll be Bortles.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 80% sure itll be Bortles.

That is what my pick for Houston is. When you get the chance to draft a franchise QB -- you have to take your shot.

Franchise QBs rarely hit the market -- I think Manning and Cutler are the only two guys who have hit the market in the last 5-10 years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as how he hasn't played a single snap in the NFL -- we really don't have a clue. You'd think someone whose team has had a 6th round pick as their QB for the last decade would understand, different skill sets translate better to the NFL.

I can say without question though -- his scrambling and ability to extend a play is way above average. I can also say without question, he is way above average as a runner too.

We won't know how his passing translates until he actually steps on the field. I guarantee NE didn't think they had a future HOFer when they drafted Brady. Same goes for Seattle -- I bet they didn't think Wilson would be leading them to a Super Bowl in year 2 after taking the 5'11" QB in round 3.

Yes, we do. We have seen what his skill set is. Every individual aspect of his skill set is well below average. He is not above average as a runner. Not by a long shot. Among QBs, maybe, but in the NFL as a whole? Absolutely not.

I know different traits translate differently. But in no case can a bad passer be even a decent QB. Micheal Bick bombed hard and has both more power and accuracy, combined with more athleticism and escapability, than manziel could dream of. You cannot be respectable at QB if you cannot throw. Manziel cannot throw. Case opened and shut.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler as a franchise QB? :laugh3:

He has the tools physically but inside the helmet is a joke.