• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Cutler and Keenum Starting Games

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you weren't serious...sorry to burst your bubble.

kvKXd.gif

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you and also have no problem with owners / GMs inflicting their own standards into the situation but when Cutler and Keenum are starting games you are clearly allowing your emotions to control you for the worse..

Mentioning Cutler makes no sense. The one place it certainly isn't worth it to hire Kaep is Miami. After him wearing the Castro T shirt there would be protests galore. Hell, Ozzie Gullien got fired in Miami for positive comments on Castro.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what he did. HE left San Fran on his own. They did not fire him.
#themoreyouknow

They were going to release him regardless so him walking away made sense. He had no more guaranteed money and San Fran is like the Jets and Browns, tanking to try and get one of the QB's coming out next year so they weren't bring him back

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioning Cutler makes no sense. The one place it certainly isn't worth it to hire Kaep is Miami. After him wearing the Castro T shirt there would be protests galore. Hell, Ozzie Gullien got fired in Miami for positive comments on Castro.

Cutler is literally the worst.

It's football.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he went to Seattle knowing he would only be a back up to the Wee One.

But I thought Carroll said he was too good to be a back-up?

I've never heard him say he would only want to be a starter, and I've never heard him make any specific salary request.

Before the Broncos drafted a QB they were interested in trading for Kaep, but wanted him to redo his contract at a lesser cost. Kaep said no and the Broncos moved on. If Kaep was willing to play for league minimum he'd have a job. However he's been a four year starting QB, common sense says he's looking for a contract that reflects that. So he stays unemployed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case it makes perfect sense why no one has picked him up.

Yes and no.

Not everybody is a Gary Kubiak prepared to give clipboard only their whole career.

So I think a desire to start is a good thing. I don't see it as a demand though.

And $10 million is frigging chump change in the NFL. Especially given what some less than stellar QBs are making this year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is literally the worst.

It's football.

As long as Savage is in the league he isn't the worst. And he was solid yesterday. My point was that Kaep was not a realistic option in Miami. And if he really is looking for 8-10 mil like the article says it's no wonder no one hired him. Not many teams have that kind of cap space for a back up. I keep saying Houston should have picked him up but with them paying some of Osweiler's contract there's no way they could afford that

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

Not everybody is a Gary Kubiak prepared to give clipboard only their whole career.

So I think a desire to start is a good thing. I don't see it as a demand though.

And $10 million is frigging chump change in the NFL. Especially given what some less than stellar QBs are making this year.

10 mil on the salary cap for a back up isn't chump change unless you have a young QB not making $ yet. Once you factor in that, on top of the several teams trying to tank, on top of his girlfriend screwing up the Ravens possibility and Miami not being an option, the list of possible teams isn't that extensive

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Savage is in the league he isn't the worst. And he was solid yesterday. My point was that Kaep was not a realistic option in Miami. And if he really is looking for 8-10 mil like the article says it's no wonder no one hired him. Not many teams have that kind of cap space for a back up. I keep saying Houston should have picked him up but with them paying some of Osweiler's contract there's no way they could afford that

Yeah letting Savage start was really stupid.

The Dolphins could have afforded it.