• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Cutler and Keenum Starting Games

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are NFL teams simply hurting themselves by not signing this guy?

buzz.gif

It depends on the team. With 3 or 4 QB's coming out next year that are highly thought of the really bad teams are tanking and bringing him in and having him help you win an extra game or 2 is actually counter productive.

Then you have a team like Houston that is giving their prize rookie a shot. I thought Kaep would be a perfect back up there.

The big question I have is "What is Kaep looking for". He probably would have been hired in Baltimore if not for his girlfriends racist tweet but is he looking to be a backup? I thought Seattle would have hired him in that case. Is he looking for a certain amount of money? Will he sign for the vets minimum?

For all the talk on this Kaep has been silent so we don't know what he's asking for or expecting.

I disagree with his stance but if I had a middle of the road team with a lousy QB and he might make the difference between 7-9 and 9-7 I'd pick him up. Unless I was in Miami. No way after the Castro T shirt and comments.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, gimmick QBs don't take their teams to the Super Bowl, or two straight NFC title games.

Mark Sanchez would disagree. 2 AFC title games in a row, and he didn't even have a gimmick or Harbaugh

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the team. With 3 or 4 QB's coming out next year that are highly thought of the really bad teams are tanking and bringing him in and having him help you win an extra game or 2 is actually counter productive.

Then you have a team like Houston that is giving their prize rookie a shot. I thought Kaep would be a perfect back up there.

The big question I have is "What is Kaep looking for". He probably would have been hired in Baltimore if not for his girlfriends racist tweet but is he looking to be a backup? I thought Seattle would have hired him in that case. Is he looking for a certain amount of money? Will he sign for the vets minimum?

For all the talk on this Kaep has been silent so we don't know what he's asking for or expecting.

I disagree with his stance but if I had a middle of the road team with a lousy QB and he might make the difference between 7-9 and 9-7 I'd pick him up. Unless I was in Miami. No way after the Castro T shirt and comments.

I think he went to Seattle knowing he would only be a back up to the Wee One.

But I thought Carroll said he was too good to be a back-up?

I've never heard him say he would only want to be a starter, and I've never heard him make any specific salary request.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world did that happen, again? I'm gonna guess witchcraft.

Excellent offensive line, solid RB and a really good defense. Sanchez actually did play well in those playoff runs but at the end of the day he sucked, continues to suck and I'm shocked he's still in the league. But we'll alwats have the butt fumble!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glove on Throwing hand eliminates him from good QB conversation

If I recall, some guy named Peyton put a glove on his throwing hand and proceeded to throw 5,477 yards and 55 TDs in one season. Like I said, throwing glove = straight gangsta!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he went to Seattle knowing he would only be a back up to the Wee One.

But I thought Carroll said he was too good to be a back-up?

I've never heard him say he would only want to be a starter, and I've never heard him make any specific salary request.

I heard some rumors that the Seattle owner said no after Carroll wanted him but you know how rumors are. He also could have asked for more money than they were willing to spend on a back up. Who knows? I know people don't want back ups to be even a minor distraction but with the lack of QB's in the league I'm surprised no one took a flyer. Except for the real bottom dwellers like the Jets and Browns. I know exactly why they won't. When it comes to QB's teams are tanking for the better draft pick like basketball teams

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez would disagree. 2 AFC title games in a row, and he didn't even have a gimmick or Harbaugh

Sanchez wasn't a gimmick QB. He was a decent QB. Not accurate, but he was decent. In 2011, he had no real good WRs and his stats and the Jets season shows that. After that, he got discouraged and just started fucking up and sucking dick.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez wasn't a gimmick QB. He was a decent QB. Not accurate, but he was decent. In 2011, he had no real good WRs and his stats and the Jets season shows that. After that, he got discouraged and just started fucking up and sucking dick.

Even at his best he wasn't very good. Jones and the O line carried him. I agree about 2011, they set him up to fail.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyder said:

giphy.gif

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is an obvious YES

Ive done a 180 on the guy since all these frauds have taken a knee, followed his lead, and risk nothing

He stood by his beliefs, whether I agree with them or not, and has paid the ultimate price

I agree with you and also have no problem with owners / GMs inflicting their own standards into the situation but when Cutler and Keenum are starting games you are clearly allowing your emotions to control you for the worse..

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some NFL teams are most definitely hurting themselves by not signing this guy. But fuck them.

Players all over sitting for anthems, nobody bothering them.

I'd wager Elliott is a bigger distraction in Dallas with his issues and his will he or won't he be playing this week stuff.

I agree with you @Hank Kingsley