• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Cutler and Keenum Starting Games

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Kaepernick lost Harbaugh he was toast. Without a competent coach to cover his flaws, NFL defenses were able to make Kaepernick look like the garbage QB he is.

This is something I never agreed with. Kaepernick regressed each year under Harbaugh and Harbaugh did him no favors by trying to mold him into a pocket passer. Chip Kelly installed a pistol offense and Kaep's play did improve somewhat under him but with a poor defense and lack of running game Kaep was never going to carry a team. It needs to be the opposite where he is not asked to do a lot.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Because owners are very careful about signing players that could affect their bottom line, and Kapernick is really a powerful issue to a lot of fans, and ticket sales could be affected

Now lets say for instance, Aaron Rodgers did something as controversial, it wouldnt matter, because wining trumps all with fans, and an owner would take the risk knowing his teams chances of winning just increased substantially with Rodgers

Kapernick brings no such guarantees
^^^^^^^^
This

many team owners have heard from their fan base that they want nothing to do with him. If he was a very good QB that might be different. It's also not just the fact that he sat for the anthem, it's also the fact that he is associated with BLM. It's also the fact that he wore socks degenerating cops. It's also the fact that he wore a Castro shirt and praised that awful dictator. And then a big bonus - his girlfriend equated the owner of the Ravens to a slave owner.

The dude has a right to protest however he wants legally. He does not have a right to play in the NFL

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the general consensus that it's Kaep's on the field play that is deterring teams from signing him or is it his off the field actions last year?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the general consensus that it's Kaep's on the field play that is deterring teams from signing him or is it his off the field actions last year?

Without question

Both

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question

Both

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, do coaches look at Kaep and say to themselves, he's still got the skills to play, but we can't take the off the field, political nonsense? Or do they say we can overlook the anthem kneeling and whatnot, but we can't overlook his terrible on the field play? Part of me think that teams aren't looking at him and saying well he doesn't have the skills and he's an off the field distraction so let's pass.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^
This

many team owners have heard from their fan base that they want nothing to do with him. If he was a very good QB that might be different. It's also not just the fact that he sat for the anthem, it's also the fact that he is associated with BLM. It's also the fact that he wore socks degenerating cops. It's also the fact that he wore a Castro shirt and praised that awful dictator. And then a big bonus - his girlfriend equated the owner of the Ravens to a slave owner.

The dude has a right to protest however he wants legally. He does not have a right to play in the NFL

They heard from some of their fan base, but not all of it.

Likely an extremely vocal minority.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, do coaches look at Kaep and say to themselves, he's still got the skills to play, but we can't take the off the field, political nonsense? Or do they say we can overlook the anthem kneeling and whatnot, but we can't overlook his terrible on the field play? Part of me think that teams aren't looking at him and saying well he doesn't have the skills and he's an off the field distraction so let's pass.

The skills argument is the one you hear more, because it's convenient, because nobody really wants to say they are pissed about the other thing as so many more are now doing it they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats exactly what it is......Lets assume Kap was just your run of the mill Free Agent, available QB....Can you really imagine his on the field play has fallen so far that he cant get a job anywhere?......He's without question better than any QB on the jacksonville or NY jets roster......He was better than Tom Savage, a starting QB...he's still better than anyone on the San Fran roster......There are many many more, and thats without even getting into backup QB's

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Kyle Sloter is better than Kellen Clemens. But that's like saying he's better than Kaepernick or Eli Manning. It's not saying much.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Kyle Sloter is better than Kellen Clemens. But that's like saying he's better than Kaepernick or Eli Manning. It's not saying much.

That's the stupidest sentence I've seen in a long time.