• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin vs. Kentucky

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin is below UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas in the preseason poll, the sportswriters should all be laid off immediately. Again, we'll be returning 7 of 8 guys from a team that just took the eventual national champions to their last fucking breath when KY played their best game of the year.

Wisconsin should absolutely be #1 preseason next year. The only other team with any argument is Arizona. And if Wisconsin goes 39-1 and loses in the national title game, next year is a failure. They are that good. It's 40-0 or bust.

That's a little on the optomistic side. UW lacks fill in recruits to provide any bench while other teams will reload much better. I believe we should be in the top 5 but I know the voters always give the big name teams the benefit of the doubt so I don't expect us to be ranked #1 or #2. If we end up only losing 3 games I would be shocked. I expect at a minimum 4-5 loses but we should make the final four again at the very least (no injuries).

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ludicrous..

He is mad. Ofcourse that is a ridiculous comment. Even if they do return 7 of 8 starters (Dekker and Kaminsky are projected 1st rounders if they leave which they might) anything can happen in any given year. An injury, a team not living up to hype, etc. And just tough competition against teams that are all marginally as good as one another. But when you have not won a NC since 1941 in basketball and never in football, I guess you get testy after having a tough loss in the semifinals.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this if Wisconsin returns 7 of 8 but Michigan returns everyone including Stauskus.. I'm picking Michigan every day of the week...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin could be a top 2 team next year.. If 3 players return for Michigan, they could be up there as well.. Big 10 could be strong next year as well..

Don't forget about the NIT winners as well. I just hope OSU and Iowa don't choke late in the season again. I expected it from OSU looking at their schedule but Iowa just ran out of gas for no apparent reason.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did Kentucky get away with a game plan where they plow into the lane to throw up a shot or lob virtually every half court possession? I supported the rule changes allowing offense more freedom to move. This will set a bad precedent if there are more final 4 games like this in the future, as entertaining as this game otherwise was.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this if Wisconsin returns 7 of 8 but Michigan returns everyone including Stauskus.. I'm picking Michigan every day of the week...

Ofcourse. Anyone that is reasonable would. If Michigan returned everyone, they would be one of the most athletic teams ever. Their backcourt would dominate alone.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As the better team/win Big Tournament/ win Big season?

I'm not sure who will be better as of right now but it will be even more exciting next year. Do you have any new exciting recruits coming in?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky vs Wisconsin:
29-58 (50%)
2-5 from 3 (40%)
14-21 FT (67%)

Kentucky vs Michigan:
31-58 (53%)
7-11 from 3 (64%)
6-11 FT (55%)

The last 3 Harrison hit vs Michigan was just as far as the one tonight and even better guarded by LaVert who literally had his hand covering Harrison's face.

STFU and take the loss like a man.

You do realize Wisconsin was the #40 defense this year, right? Michigan was #105. It's not some coincidence that Michigan let Kentucky have open shots all day and we didn't. Count the open shots here:

Count them tonight. It's not close. I don't know why saying Kentucky played much better tonight makes me less of a man. They did. Just because you hate us and won't admit that, maybe, we had one fucking great team who played great tonight, doesn't mean that the truth isn't what the truth is.

And the truth is we deserved the win tonight. We played great offensively. So did they. It is what it is, but I couldn't be more proud of our guys. Outside of Wichita, nobody in America can hold their heads up as high as we can after a loss (and despite your delusions, this includes Michigan).

Maybe my teams are eternally cursed to lose by one, but at least I genuinely love these guys. Keep on trolling, bud. It's too bad you'll never get why we love sports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the outcome I wanted, but a hell of a game to watch. Good luck in the big game Kentucky.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, the last time we played, our team shot terribly, including 3-11 from our only Senior, and still beat you by 13 in your own house. But if you feel confident based on your seven point win when we were in the middle of a slump where we lost to Northwestern, go right ahead.

If I were you, I'd savor that one, too. Without it, aren't you like 2-18 in your last 20 against Wisconsin?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Wisconsin was the #40 defense this year, right? Michigan was #105. It's not some coincidence that Michigan let Kentucky have open shots all day and we didn't. Count the open shots here:

Count them tonight. It's not close. I don't know why saying Kentucky played much better tonight makes me less of a man. They did. Just because you hate us and won't admit that, maybe, we had one fucking great team who played great tonight, doesn't mean that the truth isn't what the truth is.

And the truth is we deserved the win tonight. We played great offensively. So did they. It is what it is, but I couldn't be more proud of our guys. Outside of Wichita, nobody in America can hold their heads up as high as we can after a loss (and despite your delusions, this includes Michigan).

Maybe my teams are eternally cursed to lose by one, but at least I genuinely love these guys. Keep on trolling, bud. It's too bad you'll never get why we love sports.

Kentucky had atleast 5 gimme alleyoop dunks tonight, maybe more. The reason I don't like Wisconsin teams is because they are homers that think that whenever they lose, they either deserved to win and the other team played out of the norm or the officials cost them the game. Funny, I actually rooted for Wisconsin tonight because Calipari irks me. Also funny, Wisconsin got away with a blatant travel by Jackson on the foul on the 3. He took 3 steps and then hopped and then shot the ball.

You got beat by a team loaded with future NBA players that found their way at the right time, just the same way Michigan lost. You want me and everyone else to throw you a bone. If you want a bone, go find a male stripper.

Unreal. And your a fucking Bears fan to. Unreal indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:
I mean, the last time we played, our team shot terribly, including 3-11 from our only Senior, and still beat you by 13 in your own house. But if you feel confident based on your seven point win when we were in the middle of a slump where we lost to Northwestern, go right ahead.

If I were you, I'd savor that one, too. Without it, aren't you like 2-18 in your last 20 against Wisconsin?

No, not in the middle of a slump. In the game THAT CAUSED the slump.

Here is some advice. It is saturday. You are probably somewhere near campus. Find a girl and get laid. You will feel better about yourself.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin is below UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas in the preseason poll, the sportswriters should all be laid off immediately. Again, we'll be returning 7 of 8 guys from a team that just took the eventual national champions to their last fucking breath when KY played their best game of the year.

Wisconsin should absolutely be #1 preseason next year. The only other team with any argument is Arizona. And if Wisconsin goes 39-1 and loses in the national title game, next year is a failure. They are that good. It's 40-0 or bust.

The only chance of that happening went down in flames when Brandon Ashley broke his foot in January. It's not gonna happen next year, that's for sure

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the NIT winners as well. I just hope OSU and Iowa don't choke late in the season again. I expected it from OSU looking at their schedule but Iowa just ran out of gas for no apparent reason.

you didn't just say that, did you?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to bad from the highlights and analysis. He appears to be a legitimate solid backup/6th man next season behind Big Dog Junior. He still has a year or two to add some bulk though.

I'm hoping for Josh Jackson and Thon Maker next year :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope:

Yeah I know the second is wishful thinking!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky had atleast 5 gimme alleyoop dunks tonight, maybe more. The reason I don't like Wisconsin teams is because they are homers that think that whenever they lose, they either deserved to win and the other team played out of the norm or the officials cost them the game. Funny, I actually rooted for Wisconsin tonight because Calipari irks me. Also funny, Wisconsin got away with a blatant travel by Jackson on the foul on the 3. He took 3 steps and then hopped and then shot the ball.

You got beat by a team loaded with future NBA players that found their way at the right time, just the same way Michigan lost. You want me and everyone else to through you a bone. If you want a bone, go find a male stripper.

Unreal. And your a fucking Bears fan to. Unreal indeed.

If by alleyoops, you mean "caught the ball when it was above the rim heading downwards," then yes, they got five alleyoops. According to the rulebook, those "alleyoops" are actually "basket interference."

If that's your best argument for why we deserved to lose, it's pretty fucking laughable. I wasn't even going to go there because KY fucking earned it, but that is what it is.

If your biggest argument about how we didn't deserve it is a "travel" on Trae, it shows how desperate you are. Look at :46 in this video. His left foot is stationary the whole time. It's really not close to a travel. Your one handpicked example of a Wisconsin edge is "blatantly" wrong. The fact that you had 40 minutes to come up with a BS call and that is your pick tells us all you need to know about those "blatant" calls we benefitted from.

Kentucky played great for 40 minutes. Props to them. So did we. And it sucks to lose, but I have compete faith in our guys for next year.

Like your Michigan buddies who told me two weeks ago that Bo would ever make a Final Four, you'll probably be nowhere to be found. Such is the life of a pathetic troll.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking kameron. Told Sean Miller he was committing to us and then switched, literally, the day he announced.

How do you think Illinois feels about Alexander? :laugh3: