• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wisconsin only loses 1 player

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also wish they would quit pushing wichita and gonzaga

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa lost 1 starter and 1 that played quite a bit. The starter was a huge loss, but the other one had good moments. I think Iowa should be better next season than this season. I think these next few years will be interesting between Iowa and Wisconsin. One of our better players transferred from Wisconsin.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its that big white Dude that is losing a lot

Kaminsky's back. The only Senior was Ben Brust, who was an excellent sharp-shooting three point shooter, but at best the 4th best player on our team (and more likely 5th or 6th).

We're gonna be fucking stacked. There's no way around it. This is certainly the first time in my life that I've been the fan of a team and there is absolutely zero doubt going into the season that it will be the best team ever fielded. I've said it before, but my view is national title or bust. If we go 39-1 and lose the title game, I think the season is a failure. The instant Gasser got injured in Fall 2012, we were looking towards this year. And last year showed we were ahead of schedule.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska loses none.

But yea Wisconsin is going to be dahhhaamnnn good.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS sports has Wisconsin winning the B1G and Nebraska finishing 2nd.

What an exciting season that is going to be.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that freshman pg that played against Kentucky is going to be a stud

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky is going to be scary good next year.

Between Wisky, AZ, and UK, there are going to be some very quality teams next season.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky is going to be scary good next year.

Between Wisky, AZ, and UK, there are going to be some very quality teams next season.

I would add Texas to that mix. We lose 0. We bring back every single player on the roster - and we add Miles Turner.

Kentucky may be the only team in the country with more size and depth.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Texas to that mix. We lose 0. We bring back every single player on the roster - and we add Miles Turner.

Kentucky may be the only team in the country with more size and depth.

Yeah, I don't know about that. AZ loses 2 players and gains the #7 recruiting class in the nation (5 players). Our size and depth are obnoxious. Texas was alright last year, and adding Turner will definitely help, but I would be surprised if they were playing for a Final Four.

AZ has:

7'0" Junior Tarc
6'8" Junior Brandon Ashley (with a 7'4" wingspan)
6'10" senior Matt Korchek

and bringing in:

#15C, a freshman 7'0" Ristic
#9 PF in Craig Victor.

That's just our frontcourt.

We have TJ McConnell at PG who is an absolute floor general (5.5 assists and 1.8 turnovers) 3.1:1 ratio.
His backup is the #11 PG, freshman Parker Jackson-Cartwright.

At the SG will be the 7th overall player in the country, 6'6" Stanley Johnson.
And at the SF is Rondae Hollis-Jefferson who is 6'7" with a 7'0" wingspan.

Their backups are Gabe York (SG)
Elliott Pitts (SG/SF)
And Kadeem Allen (SG) who is the National JuCo player of the year.
Stanley Johnson will also get time at the SF.

We are returning 6 players in rotation from the Elite 8 from last year, and add 5 players making up the #7 class). Our frontcourt is huge (3 starters with at least a 7' wingspan, and two other players 6'10" and taller on the bench). We are basically going to have to have tryouts to make a 10-man rotation, and two players from the #7 class are going to have to redshirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as size, this is what I was commenting on:

Miles Turner - 6'11 - (7'3.75 wingspan)
Prince Ibeh - 6'11 - (7'4 wingspan)
Cameron Ridley - 6'10 - (7'4 wingspan) - (280lbs)
Conner Lammert - 6'9
Danny Newsome - 6'9
Jonathan Holmes - 6'8

We are basically guaranteed to have 3 of these guys on the court at all times.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky's back. The only Senior was Ben Brust, who was an excellent sharp-shooting three point shooter, but at best the 4th best player on our team (and more likely 5th or 6th).

We're gonna be fucking stacked. There's no way around it. This is certainly the first time in my life that I've been the fan of a team and there is absolutely zero doubt going into the season that it will be the best team ever fielded. I've said it before, but my view is national title or bust. If we go 39-1 and lose the title game, I think the season is a failure. The instant Gasser got injured in Fall 2012, we were looking towards this year. And last year showed we were ahead of schedule.

I refuse to say National Title or bust. There's so much that goes into the tournament. I'd be disappointed if UW went out anytime before the Elite Eight, but National Title or bust is just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's going to be a fun team to watch, enjoy the journey for what it is.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to say National Title or bust. There's so much that goes into the tournament. I'd be disappointed if UW went out anytime before the Elite Eight, but National Title or bust is just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's going to be a fun team to watch, enjoy the journey for what it is.

There are a few very good looking bball teams this year. As you've pointed out about the tournament, there are many things to consider. Going the distance is brutal. And the B1G has a way of eating itself alive even before the tourney.

The bold. That's great advice for everyone.