• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin-Nebraska Breakdown 2012

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's rushing defense is #13.

NU's O-line is turrible.

I disagree, this team can run the ball when beck gets out of their way. The finesse running game (pistol, Shotgun) just doesn't work with this O-line. When they run out of the I, I believe they are very effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something no one seems to be talking about much is that Rex is definitely NOT healthy.

He limped for the last 20 yards of his first touchdown run and he has a noticeable hitch in his giddyup.

Now whether that's the brace or his actual knee I don't know, but he definitely shouldn't have played because now we're looking at a guy who if he does indeed play vs Wisky and tOSU, a medical redshirt would be out of the question.

His true frosh year I think it was, he broke a bone in his foot and was back in no time. Hopefully he's just one of those freakish fast healers like Adrian Peterson.

Otherwise you are looking at a hobbled rex burkhead with maybe 70 percent of his burst refusing to come off the field vs wisky and likely hurting the team.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be your typical B1G game IMO. Who can run the ball and stop the run best?

Wisky has by far the better run D on paper.

Nebraska has by far the better rushing O on paper.

Key match-up is obvious: Nebraska running game vs Wisky's front 7.

Nebraska's RB's have been having to make weak competition miss in the backfield pretty often and I know for a fact our backs (no matter how good they are) can't consistently break away from Taylor and Borland if they are in our backfield all night.

Look for Nebraska to run screens to the RB's and throw over the middle to Kyler Reed to get wiscy to back off with its blitzing (Wisky will bring the heat early and often)

Wisky hasn't seen a team with Nebraska's tempo on O since Oregon. Two very similar offenses. Look for Nebraska to get to the line blindingly fast and back off if they can't move the ball efficiently.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak DE's for wisky spells trouble. If it's a tight game, they will run Taylor indiscriminately. If he runs it more than 8-10 times he WILL break off a couple big ones. That is just a plain and simple fact.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I genuinely disagree with in smart's assessment is that Wiscy's stable of RB's>Nebraska's.

No disrespect to Ball and White, but Nebraska probably has the deepest most talented backfield in the country. Fullbacks included.