• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin-Nebraska Breakdown 2012

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has the potential to win in a blowout. I can't see Wisconsin getting 20 points. Nebraska could reach 40.

NU's front 7 suck. Take away the FCS opponent and they are 111th in rushing defense.

UCLA had 344 yds rushing and 309 yds passing with a R/S freshman QB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is both teams beat Iowa by 50 which is all the more impressive since Wisconsin doesnt even play Iowa.... For this game Ill go Huskers by 10.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is whether your running attack can get past our linebackers. If you can, it's gonna be lights out for us, and you guys will our defense like Oregon did in the Rose Bowl. Last year, Borland and Taylor kept Martinez and Burkhead in front of them the whole game, and you guys were bottled up. You guys never had a carry of more than twelve yards last year. If that happens, we have a great chance. If you guys can get a couple 40+ yarders, we are screwed.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think White or Gordon have shown any more burst through the holes than Ball, even if they are faster running downhill in open grass. Ball on the other hand can shed tackles, and personally I haven't seen James White hit the juke button on Montee's level in two years. I think it absolutely matters, because the improvements in the offensive line won't look as pronounced against Nebraska...especially with the crowd noise. White and Gordon are going to have to fight for yards.

Defensively, the Badgers are a lot faster than people realize. Borland was a 4.4 guy when he was recruited, Taylor and Armstrong were both sub 4.7 I believe, and they all play pretty damn fast sideline to sideline in pads. But you know, there isn't anything they can do about if Martinez finds open field and gets loose. I see us giving up 3 or 4 big plays partly resulting from busted coverage and partly due to our DE's getting owned.

On the plus side, there hasn't been anyone in D1 football yet who can keep Abbredaris from getting WIDE open every other down. He is probably the most underrated player in the league right now because he's small. He's like Wes Welker Junior only faster. All this talk about the Badgers improving and nobody mentioned the two bombs thrown to Abby. That guy is the difference maker. If Stave can find him, we have a shot. If the line let's Stave get steamrolled, and he can't find Abby, we're probably done, not going to have the big plays to stay in it.

I'm gonna tell ya right now if your offense goes through a reciever you're in trouble. I don't care who it is. There are only 2 or 3 WR's I've seen be able to torch a Bo Pelini secondary and they were 1st round draft picks. Justin Blackmon comes to mind.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna tell ya right now if your offense goes through a reciever I don't care who it is. There are only 2 or 3 WR's I've seen be able to torch a Bo Pelini secondary and they were 1st round draft picks.

Last year, Abbredaris torched Dennard. Repeatedly. He had 5 catches for 95 yards on a say when only 2/7 of our plays were passes.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Abbredaris torched Dennard. Repeatedly. He had 5 catches for 95 yards on a say when only 2/7 of our plays were passes.

Yeah but you guys had several other weapons and a lethal run game.

I'm saying if your plan is "get the ball to abbredaris" that won't fly.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your offense runs through him then your offense has no chance.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was wisky I would run the ball right at Nebraska and don't stop doing it until they can stop it.

Sprinkle in some jet sweeps and things like that to abbrederis. If you have a guy who can run wildcat that would be smart too.

Dropping back and passing on 2nd and 7 or 8 is exactly what Nebraska wants wisconsin to do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is whether your running attack can get past our linebackers. If you can, it's gonna be lights out for us, and you guys will our defense like Oregon did in the Rose Bowl. Last year, Borland and Taylor kept Martinez and Burkhead in front of them the whole game, and you guys were bottled up. You guys never had a carry of more than twelve yards last year. If that happens, we have a great chance. If you guys can get a couple 40+ yarders, we are screwed.

Like I said before. There isn't much difference in this years NU team and last years.

The defense is the same minus Lavante David.
The offense is the same, but with better rcvrs.

I really don't need to consider Wisconsin losing a few O'lineman and Wilson considering they won 48-17 last year.

The key to Wisconsin winning this year is to run the ball right at Nebraska, let their defense shut down NU's running game, and bring the heat on Martinez on 3rd and longs until he either gets sacked, fumbles, or throws an interception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before. There isn't much difference in this years NU team and last years.

The defense is the same minus Lavante David.
The offense is the same, but with better rcvrs.

completely disagree.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. This offense is going to face some 3 and outs, unfortunately. They'll make some mistakes. And unfortunately, if Smith and Trotter can give up big plays against UTEP I imagine it could happen again. The only way to make up for it will probably be to get one or two quick strikes that don't munch the clock. It doesn't matter when it happens. It can happen on the first drive, that's still points on the board in our favor to make up for whatever blown assignments the defense is highly likely to suffer through.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front 7 on D is just as soft.

The O'line has no push.
It's the Martinez/Burkhead show.

I would probably disagree here. Tito and Rexy have a formidable corp of receivers to rely on, and plenty of talent in the backfield to spell Superman.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to Wisconsin winning this year is to run the ball right at Nebraska, let their defense shut down NU's running game..

I think that's going to be the meat and potatoes of the game, but like I said, I'm pretty worried about blown assignments by our D and mishaps by our OL. I promise, one drive you will look at our OL and our HBs and go, "Aww fuck their going to kill us..." The next drive you will go, "Wow they're worse than Oregon State said you were." I'm not suggesting we get away from Wisconsin Football and just keep chucking it deep, but we've got to take advantage of the run. Run to pass. That's how it goes. If we don't make some big plays, we'll see more three and outs than we can survive. Just the way this season is going so far. The OL is inconsistent. No way are we going to just run run run run run and get first down after first down.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably disagree here. Tito and Rexy have a formidable corp of receivers to rely on, and plenty of talent in the backfield to spell Superman.

I keep saying that but y'all keep saying no.

It is in fact the same cast of characters as last year on offense (Martinez/Burkhead), but with better receivers. Those receivers won't amount up to shit if Martinez doesn't have time to get the ball to them, fumbles, or throws int's like he does when this O'line can't do it's job.

NU isn't going to run the ball on Wisconsin like they did against Southern Miss, Arky St, or Idaho St. They are gonna struggle to pick up 3rd and short situations, the O'line is gonna get frustrated as usual and commit false starts and holding penalties creating 3rd and long situations. That is an opportune time for Wisconsin to bring the heat.

Been there done that.

Nebraska can win this game but it's gonna be close just like UCLA was.

It's who can run the ball, who commits the least amount of penalties and turnovers.