• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin goes down to Northwestern

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% horseshit.. Florida didn't have their key players, at Wisky, and still made a game of it. Imagine is Michigan was missing 3 key players like Burke, Robinson, and Hardaway last year... and they lose, how much credibility would you put in that loss?

You obviously didn't watch the game... else you would have know the Gators were WAY short handed that night on the road.

I only pray we get Wisky in the NCAA early (since they will be a high seed)... it will be a double digit blowout if our players stay healthy and nobody gets suspended.

You obviously are delusional. It's 100% correct that Florida lost to Wisconsin. But..but...but..but... Fuck that whining crap. Michigan went into Madison without Burke, Hardaway, and McGary, this season, and beat Wisconsin. I believe we even held a 15 point lead, late.

Any other excuses, hypotheticals or projections? :laugh3:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Para 1...doubt it.

Para 2...as mentioned by an honest Wisconsin fan who probably watched the game, Florida was missing 3 starters. Take 3 starters from any team and they lose to a good team. At that time Wisconsin was a very good team. Billy Donovan is a very good coach and he knew it was better to make a statement to his own team rather than beat Wisconsin early in the year. You mentioned the ACC; Virginia is a good team, yet they lost to Tennessee by 30. Doesn't mean a thing, those early games. IMO, most folks believe that Florida is a better team than Wisconsin at the moment so your statement that 4th best in the big 10 is better than NR 1 SEC is just plain stupid.

Para 3....Not sure if we know which is the best conference. We thought that the B ig10 was at the beginning of the year, however with Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin losing; things are not looking so good. Michigan State gets a pass due to 2 guys out for injuries. See, I give credit for 2 starters not in the game, however you failed to acknowledge Florida's loss of 3 starters for the Wisconsin game.[/QUOTE]

???? Michigan State has lost 2 times and just beat a top 15 team on the road without 2 of their best players. If you want to bang on OSU and Wisky then go for it but MSU doesnt deserve to be lumped in with them.

I see reading comprehension is not your long suit. I quoted myself and highlighted an area for your 2nd attempt of understanding my post.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Para 1...doubt it.

Para 2...as mentioned by an honest Wisconsin fan who probably watched the game, Florida was missing 3 starters. Take 3 starters from any team and they lose to a good team. At that time Wisconsin was a very good team. Billy Donovan is a very good coach and he knew it was better to make a statement to his own team rather than beat Wisconsin early in the year. You mentioned the ACC; Virginia is a good team, yet they lost to Tennessee by 30. Doesn't mean a thing, those early games. IMO, most folks believe that Florida is a better team than Wisconsin at the moment so your statement that 4th best in the big 10 is better than NR 1 SEC is just plain stupid.

Para 3....Not sure if we know which is the best conference. We thought that the B ig10 was at the beginning of the year, however with Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin losing; things are not looking so good. Michigan State gets a pass due to 2 guys out for injuries. See, I give credit for 2 starters not in the game, however you failed to acknowledge Florida's loss of 3 starters for the Wisconsin game.[/QUOTE]

I see reading comprehension is not your long suit. I quoted myself and highlighted an area for your 2nd attempt of understanding my post.

They dont need a pass. They are 18-2 and top 7 in the country. By saying youll give them a pass you imply one is needed. Its not.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Para 1...doubt it.

Para 3....Not sure if we know which is the best conference. We thought that the B ig10 was at the beginning of the year, however with Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin losing; things are not looking so good. Michigan State gets a pass due to 2 guys out for injuries. See, I give credit for 2 starters not in the game, however you failed to acknowledge Florida's loss of 3 starters for the Wisconsin game.

The 4th or 5th best team indeed did beat the best team in the SEC. That is factual. You don't have to like it and can pout all you want but that is the truth.

I haven't read a recent post where anyone has stated that Florida is worse than Wisconsin, rather actual facts.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need a pass. They are 18-2 and top 7 in the country. By saying youll give them a pass you imply one is needed. Its not.

I used the word "pass" for the lack of something better. No offence meant. IMO, MSU is one of the top 5 teams in the country and if they been at full strength, they beat Michigan; that's why I said "pass". Same thing for their football team. They lost to Notre Dame early and by years end, MSU was certainly one of the top 2-3 teams in the country. Using Nightmare's logic; Notre Dame is better than all of the Big 10.

The 4th or 5th best team indeed did beat the best team in the SEC. That is factual. You don't have to like it and can pout all you want but that is the truth.

I haven't read a recent post where anyone has stated that Florida is worse than Wisconsin, rather actual facts.

Sorry logic escapes you. Got nothing more for you....sorry.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, you are correct then Nightmare...

Since you beat Florida... you are better than everyone... makes perfect sense.

I can see there is no rationale debate with you... they won... nothing else matters. Next topic for me...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the word "pass" for the lack of something better. No offence meant. IMO, MSU is one of the top 5 teams in the country and if they been at full strength, they beat Michigan; that's why I said "pass". Same thing for their football team. They lost to Notre Dame early and by years end, MSU was certainly one of the top 2-3 teams in the country. Using Nightmare's logic; Notre Dame is better than all of the Big 10.

:agree:

Agreed, it is really hard to even have a healthy debate with someone so disconnected from any sane logic. There is literally nobody outside the Wisky fan club would see it that way.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Para 1...doubt it.

You're disputing an actual score, are you not? How fucking stupid is that, while claiming I said Florida is a worse team than Wisconsin. Florida 53 ... Wisconsin 59. Cry, bitch and moan all you want but that happened. Nod your head. :nod:

Michigan State losing 2 whopping games? How many games has Florida lost and to who? MSU would abuse Florida worse than Michigan did in the Elite 8. The 20 point mauling was nothing... :suds:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I on a SEC thread stating how shitty the whole fucking SEC is and how overrated that entire conference is while listing excuse after excuse why x, y and z is the reason for it all?

Maybe I should be... :laugh3:

And Notre Dame? Guy, you are reaching and grabbing nada.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're disputing an actual score, are you not? How fucking stupid is that, while claiming I said Florida is a worse team than Wisconsin. Florida 53 ... Wisconsin 59. Cry, bitch and moan all you want but that happened. Nod your head. :nod:

Michigan State losing 2 whopping games? How many games has Florida lost and to who? MSU would abuse Florida worse than Michigan did in the Elite 8. The 20 point mauling was nothing... :suds:

Florida lost 2 games... Wisky and a last minute buzzer beater at Conn where we were also short handed. neither of those loses would be that bad even if we were at full strength.

Also, I have no idea where you are getting the bashing the B1G stuff? I just defended Florida from your statement earlier about Wisky beating the best team the SEC had to offer which was garbage.. I never said a word about the B1G or any team in the conference outside Wisky.

I like both Mich St and Michigan... so not sure where you are getting the conference bashing portion of your argument at.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I on a SEC thread stating how shitty the whole fucking SEC is and how overrated that entire conference is while listing excuse after excuse why x, y and z is the reason for it all?

Maybe I should be... :laugh3:

And Notre Dame? Guy, you are reaching and grabbing nada.

Again, please show us where we bashed the B1G? The only comment we objected to was your statement that the 4th or 5th best B1G team beat the beat SEC team while omitting key facts that Florida didn't have anywhere close to a starting squad that game. And don't fall back on the "I just said they won" because you know what you were implying...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These are the kind of emotional statements that make your lose credibility with any logical basketball fan. I wish you were a Vegas bookie and put that spread down... as I would take every dime you had.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida lost 2 games... Wisky and a last minute buzzer beater at Conn where we were also short handed. neither of those loses would be that bad even if we were at full strength.

Also, I have no idea where you are getting the bashing the B1G stuff? I just defended Florida from your statement earlier about Wisky beating the best team the SEC had to offer which was garbage.. I never said a word about the B1G or any team in the conference outside Wisky.

I like both Mich St and Michigan... so not sure where you are getting the conference bashing portion of your argument at.

It seems like you're always "short-handed." So what makes you think that trend won't continue? Rather just assume that you'll have x and y to make z happen against a and b on c date and time. How about win and take credit for that instead of stating what might or could have been and what may happen.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also how badly have we all been overrating the B10? Elite at the top, but the depth 3-6 that we thought was RIDICULOUS just simply isn't there

So when B1G teams go 13-0 (OSU), 13-0 (WISC), 11-1 (MSU), 11-2 (IOWA), 11-2 (MINN), 11-2 (ILL) in nonconference play (you know the games that tell you how strong a conference is compared to other conferences) that doesn't tell you that the B1G is strong, but when B1G teams lose to other B1G teams it must mean the conference is weak?

Yeah there are a couple of teams playing poorly right now. I'm guessing you didn't know that Wisconsin's losses to Michigan and Minnesota came when the entire team had food poisoning. Sam Dekker lost 15 pounds in less than a week, and Bronson Koenig had to leave the gym during the middle of the Michigan game. Their performance against Northwestern was pathetic, you won't get any argument from me there.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Agreed, it is really hard to even have a healthy debate with someone so disconnected from any sane logic. There is literally nobody outside the Wisky fan club would see it that way.

Maybe other people would see it that way, but not this Badger fan. As I mentioned in a prior post, if Florida was at full strength they probably beat us. Luckily that's not what happened.

I don't think the Big Ten is head and shoulders the best college basketball conference, but I do think it has a slight edge. I think some people overestimated some of the top teams, and underestimated quite a few teams. Personally, I feel victim to being a homer, and thought we'd be consistently near the top of the Big Ten. I thought Michigan wouldn't be as good without McGary. I thought year 1 for Chris Collins would be a challenge at Northwestern, he's figuring some things out. I didn't know what to expect from Little Pitino at Minny, he's got a system in place

Like I said, the Big Ten is still the best in my opinion because I think the conference is even deeper than people thought.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the kind of emotional statements that make your lose credibility with any logical basketball fan. I wish you were a Vegas bookie and put that spread down... as I would take every dime you had.

They are no worse than your laundry list of excuses and assumptions. It makes you look whiny and pathetic.

Anytime you want to lose money to me I am game. Michigan outcomes over Florida have won me a load of dough over the last 18 years.:nod:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, please show us where we bashed the B1G? The only comment we objected to was your statement that the 4th or 5th best B1G team beat the beat SEC team while omitting key facts that Florida didn't have anywhere close to a starting squad that game. And don't fall back on the "I just said they won" because you know what you were implying...

Prove to me that Florida did not lose to Wisconsin and I will have nothing more to say about that match. I don't need to add or subtract anything from this: Florida 53 ... Wisconsin 59. It is you that has to find excuses or request omissions. :lol:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Daily Northwestern:

Against a ranked team. On the road. In a building where they had never won.

Northwestern 65, Wisconsin 56.

The Wildcats (11-11) upset the No. 13 Badgers on Wednesday in Madison for NU’s first-ever victory in the 16-year-old Kohl Center.

“I’m just smiling,” coach Chris Collins told WGN Radio after the game.

The victory was the Cats’ fourth win in their last six games in Big Ten play and their second against a ranked Big Ten opponent during that stretch (the other was #23/NR Illinois).

Northwestern over the last 2 and a half weeks:
W, 49-43 Illinois - ranked in Top 25 in wk 10 (Jan. 6)
L, 54-40 Michigan State
W, 54-47 @Indiana - Top 25 in 1st 5 polls (Nov 4-Dec 2)
W, 63-60 Purdue
L, 76-50 Iowa
W, 65-56 @Wisconsin - Top 5 from week 4 (Dec 9) to week 11 (Jan 13)

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did i even have to bring it up. we were two missed wide open threes at the end of the game away from the final four, and it haunts me almost as much as the Illinois game in '05

Still the best college basketball game I've ever watched. I was an Illinois fan at the time, that game was insane.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference Homering is Limp Dick Lame...

:ss: might be in order here. :suds:

The toughest conference in the country has been, is now, and will be the Big Ten.
The second toughest is the Big12.
Third toughest is the ACC.
Fourth toughest is...truthfully?...who gives a fuck?
Those three are the only "conferences" fielding enough quality teams to qualify being part of the conversation...
Everybody else simply fields glaring examples of domination.

Florida & Kentucky rep the godawful SEC.
Arizona is the only PAC12 team worth mentioning.
Wichita State in the MVC.
SDSU in the MWC.
Creighton & Nova in the BEast...and

tha, tha, that's all folks!