• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings 2015 Full Offseason plan take 1...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored and pissed off as i sit here watching playoff football without the Eagles...So I thought I'd take some time and play GM ughhhhh errrrrr Chip.....Naturally some of these free agents may not be available, but I am only choosing ones who I think will be available. I will also throw in a mock draft .

The Free Agents that will not be retained
Nate Allen Safety - this guy just is not very good
Bradley Fletcher CB - Fletcher sucks, he needs to go.
Brandon Graham OLB/DE - if Graham was gonna stay he would have already signed. He wants to play DE not LB
Jeff Maehl Wr - Scrap

Players that will be cut
Trent Cole OLB/DE The only way he stays is if he will play for cheap
Demeco Ryans ILB He is done
Todd Herremans OG He is done
Cary Williams CB ASSHOLE!!!
James Casey TE- See ya
Brad Smith WR - Blows
Mark Sanchez QB - I think Chip brings in Locker
That is a whole lot of cap savings there!!!

I'm telling you people DO Not be Shocked if Chip trades Shady, but I will not predict that just yet.

Time to attack free agency....

Mike Iupati or Stefan Wisniewski to play RG
Mason Foster ILB
Jason Worilds OLB
Buster Skrine CB
Byron Maxwell CB
Rahim Moore Safety
Randall Cobb or Cecil Shorts WR
Jake Locker QB

The Draft

Rd 1 Marcus Peters CB Washington
Rd 2 Chris Hackett Safety TCU (Hoping he lasts this long)
Rd 3 Lynden Trail OLB Norfolk St
Rd 4 Mike Hull ILB Penn St
Rd 4 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
Rd 5 Corey Robinson OT South Carolina
Rd 6 Bryan Bennett QB SouthEastern Louisiana
Rd 7 Venric Mark RB/KR/PR West Texas A&M

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters in the first round? He is not going that high after getting kicked off his team.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters in the first round? He is not going that high after getting kicked off his team.
uhmmmm yeah he will....Kid has insane talent....By far the best Cb in the draft...Was always a good kid, had some blow up with the coaches HE DID NOT CHOKE ANY COACH as originally reported. Marcus Peters would be a top 10 pick had this not happened....I'm thinking Chip can handle the kid. As of right now I'm taking the top talent at a need position....Peters is that guy.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb is gonna cost a shit ton to get.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it a lot. If we don't draft a safety early (ala Hackett), then I really like Adrian Amos, PSU.
I also like Hull, who reminds me of Kuechley (not quite the prospect Kuechley is, but similar - a tackling machine). I think we stay away from signing a free aent WR, but draft one instead. We do need to groom a PR, as we not have Sproles more than one or two years. Very thorough job as usual.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you don't address what you do with Maclin, and a little nit is Sanchez is a Free Agent. I also think its unrealistic to sign Free Agents from good teams, so picking guys up from Seattle or Green Bay is just unrealistic. Those guys don't want to leave.

My more realistic Plan.

- Re-sign Maclin.
- You need to get one of Cole or Graham. Play one off the other and sign the one who flinches first.
- Let Fletcher and Allen walk.
- Sign Searcy and Jackson to take their place. Excellent 27 yr old players from second rate teams. They are looking to upgrade.
- I am keeping the likes of Herremans, Ryans, Smith and Casey around. Special teams and leadership matter and these are great team guys.
- The Sanchez decision is really the Barkley decision. Optimistically, he is finally ready and he is my #2 next year. I then let Sanchez walk. If the Eagles re-sign Sanchez or someone similar, you know the Barkley experiment is a failure even if he is on the roster.
- Now it gets interesting. I cut McCoy. I am Chip Kelly and I believe Culture wins championships. Now that I have full control I am not paying those kind of salaries to guys that are not team leaders. McCoy dances too much.
- At RB, I want a guy that hits the hole hard and fast and the market is full of them, Pass catching is secondary in this system. So I can get a great guy for half of Shady's salary. How about Mark Ingram, or a former duck in LeGarrett Blount to share carries with Sproles and Polk.
- I think very seriously about cutting Carey Williams, but the problem is a need a replacement. With no other free agent CB worth signing, I need to look at work the phones and find a trade or a guy that is getting cut. At the end of the day, I keep the guy, and prioritize CB as my number one Draft need.
- Then the draft is all about defense. CB #1, ILB #2. I am replacing Williams and Ryans with these picks in my projections, but not for another year. If the CB flashes in the off season program I may unload Williams earlier. I add a developmental Guard and QB in rounds 3 and 4, and look for competition across the board in the later rounds.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you don't address what you do with Maclin, and a little nit is Sanchez is a Free Agent. I also think its unrealistic to sign Free Agents from good teams, so picking guys up from Seattle or Green Bay is just unrealistic. Those guys don't want to leave.

My more realistic Plan.

- Re-sign Maclin.
- You need to get one of Cole or Graham. Play one off the other and sign the one who flinches first.
- Let Fletcher and Allen walk.
- Sign Searcy and Jackson to take their place. Excellent 27 yr old players from second rate teams. They are looking to upgrade.
- I am keeping the likes of Herremans, Ryans, Smith and Casey around. Special teams and leadership matter and these are great team guys.
- The Sanchez decision is really the Barkley decision. Optimistically, he is finally ready and he is my #2 next year. I then let Sanchez walk. If the Eagles re-sign Sanchez or someone similar, you know the Barkley experiment is a failure even if he is on the roster.
- Now it gets interesting. I cut McCoy. I am Chip Kelly and I believe Culture wins championships. Now that I have full control I am not paying those kind of salaries to guys that are not team leaders. McCoy dances too much.
- At RB, I want a guy that hits the hole hard and fast and the market is full of them, Pass catching is secondary in this system. So I can get a great guy for half of Shady's salary. How about Mark Ingram, or a former duck in LeGarrett Blount to share carries with Sproles and Polk.
- I think very seriously about cutting Carey Williams, but the problem is a need a replacement. With no other free agent CB worth signing, I need to look at work the phones and find a trade or a guy that is getting cut. At the end of the day, I keep the guy, and prioritize CB as my number one Draft need.
- Then the draft is all about defense. CB #1, ILB #2. I am replacing Williams and Ryans with these picks in my projections, but not for another year. If the CB flashes in the off season program I may unload Williams earlier. I add a developmental Guard and QB in rounds 3 and 4, and look for competition across the board in the later rounds.

I didn't need to address Maclin, unless your retarded it is a no brainer that the Eagles have to sign him.
Unrealistic to sign free agents from good teams huh? you really have no clue do you? Do you realize who Denver has to try and sign? Do ya think Rahim Moore is at the top of that list or do you think their All pro WR and TE are at the top of that list? How about their starting LG? Oh what about their star DT? Ya think Seattle is gonna commit to another double digit salary to their secondary??? I think not. As for Cobb I believe I put Cobb or Shorts...You did read that right? Yes Sanchez is a free agent correct well he will be gone either way. I think I made that clear....your bringing back All the high priced free agents we have that are old and have been hurt...Great plan dude.:omg:Your bringing back the human penalty flag that criticized what Chip is doing in practices....:clap::scratch:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't need to address Maclin, unless your retarded it is a no brainer that the Eagles have to sign him.
Unrealistic to sign free agents from good teams huh? you really have no clue do you? Do you realize who Denver has to try and sign? Do ya think Rahim Moore is at the top of that list or do you think their All pro WR and TE are at the top of that list? How about their starting LG? Oh what about their star DT? Ya think Seattle is gonna commit to another double digit salary to their secondary??? I think not. As for Cobb I believe I put Cobb or Shorts...You did read that right? Yes Sanchez is a free agent correct well he will be gone either way. I think I made that clear....your bringing back All the high priced free agents we have that are old and have been hurt...Great plan dude.:omg:Your bringing back the human penalty flag that criticized what Chip is doing in practices....:clap::scratch:

Lol. So you saw fit to address the cutting of Jeff Maehl and Brad Smith, but just assumed they would spend the $30M+ that will be required to sign Maclin? You screwed up and won't even admit it!

Good players don't leave good teams too often. The guys that leave are guys like Eric Decker who got paid way more than he is worth. The guys to target are the good players from poor teams that are just itching to leave. They also cost less because fewer people have heard of them.

You have a valid point on keeping the expensive guys that are past their prime. I could see some renegotiation going on there from these guys to lower the bill a little. I am basing alot of my plan on what I think Chip is thinking. And I think he puts a huge value on the buy in he sees in practice and leadership in the locker room and class room. I think he is aware they are older and will draft accordingly to replace them in the outyears.

As much as it pains me to keep Carey Williams, I don't think its prudent to just assume a first round draft pick will be an upgrade. The Eagles should create a competitive situation and make Williams and the rookie compete.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Graham OLB/DE - if Graham was gonna stay he would have already signed. He wants to play DE not LB
Jeff Maehl Wr - Scrap

Players that will be cut
James Casey TE- See ya
Brad Smith WR - Blows

If I could get Cole to player for less I would keep him. I would also give Ryans a shot at making the team. Leadership is very hard to replace. Dawkins is a great example of this.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. So you saw fit to address the cutting of Jeff Maehl and Brad Smith, but just assumed they would spend the $30M+ that will be required to sign Maclin? You screwed up and won't even admit it!

Good players don't leave good teams too often. The guys that leave are guys like Eric Decker who got paid way more than he is worth. The guys to target are the good players from poor teams that are just itching to leave. They also cost less because fewer people have heard of them.

You have a valid point on keeping the expensive guys that are past their prime. I could see some renegotiation going on there from these guys to lower the bill a little. I am basing alot of my plan on what I think Chip is thinking. And I think he puts a huge value on the buy in he sees in practice and leadership in the locker room and class room. I think he is aware they are older and will draft accordingly to replace them in the outyears.

As much as it pains me to keep Carey Williams, I don't think its prudent to just assume a first round draft pick will be an upgrade. The Eagles should create a competitive situation and make Williams and the rookie compete.

No, i didn't screw up....Maclin is not going anywhere...Clearly if Maclin were not in my plans I would have drafted one long before rd 5:rollseyes: As for my plan i'm bringing in two Cb's that are better than Williams so my first rd pick has time to develop.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i didn't screw up....Maclin is not going anywhere...Clearly if Maclin were not in my plans I would have drafted one long before rd 5:rollseyes: As for my plan i'm bringing in two Cb's that are better than Williams so my first rd pick has time to develop.

Actually, I figured you must be planning on replacing Maclin with Cobb or Shorts, but whatever. To simply ignore the Eagles biggest projected off season signing when you comment on just about every backup player is clearly an oversight.

Speaking of which, I think the status of Casey Matthews is kind of interesting. There is a case to be made to bring Matthews back and you didn't comment one way or the other.

Evaluating CBs is sometimes more art than science. FWIW, Pro Football Focus, who tries to apply a little bit of objective science to player evaluation has both your guys with negative grades. With Maxwell, he has a minus .2 which is fairly average, and this is with playing on arguably the best secondary in the league, which I think would help his numbers. Buster has a minus 6 which is just a few slots higher in the rankings than Bradley Fletcher.

Your replacing ho hum CBs on short contracts with ho hum CBs on longer contracts. I would rather keep Williams on the one year deal and then hand the job off to the rookie rather than make another long term commitment to another FA.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I figured you must be planning on replacing Maclin with Cobb or Shorts, but whatever. To simply ignore the Eagles biggest projected off season signing when you comment on just about every backup player is clearly an oversight.

Speaking of which, I think the status of Casey Matthews is kind of interesting. There is a case to be made to bring Matthews back and you didn't comment one way or the other.

Evaluating CBs is sometimes more art than science. FWIW, Pro Football Focus, who tries to apply a little bit of objective science to player evaluation has both your guys with negative grades. With Maxwell, he has a minus .2 which is fairly average, and this is with playing on arguably the best secondary in the league, which I think would help his numbers. Buster has a minus 6 which is just a few slots higher in the rankings than Bradley Fletcher.

Your replacing ho hum CBs on short contracts with ho hum CBs on longer contracts. I would rather keep Williams on the one year deal and then hand the job off to the rookie rather than make another long term commitment to another FA.
WHAT??? Why the hell would I do that? No, I'm bringing in Cobb or Shorts to replace Cooper who I wanna get rid of. Ok, I watch football, alot! I don't go by what pro football focus says. Neither does any GM. Buster Skrine is far from ho hum. Davon House of GB is another CB I would sign who would is gonna be very cheap, if GB doesn't resign him, however I think he wants a chance to start. Casey Mathews will be kept for depth. He sucks, but our options are limited.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT??? Why the hell would I do that? No, I'm bringing in Cobb or Shorts to replace Cooper who I wanna get rid of. Ok, I watch football, alot! I don't go by what pro football focus says. Neither does any GM. Buster Skrine is far from ho hum. Davon House of GB is another CB I would sign who would is gonna be very cheap, if GB doesn't resign him, however I think he wants a chance to start. Casey Mathews will be kept for depth. He sucks, but our options are limited.

Buster Scrine is 5'9". If the Eagles wanted short CBs on the outside they would move Boykins there. At best Scrine is another slot corner. A good nickel guy what aspires to play on the outside and would likely get toasted by the best tall WRs like Bryant, Benjamin, Megatron and Nelson.

Last edited by a moderator:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that no one goes by PFF, directly, but what scouts do is a somewhat similar process. They review film and apply grades to every player in the NFL paying particular attention to the players that may be available in FA. While I assume they do a relatively poor job of it, it may be the best publicly available information on how team's own evaluation may be stacking up.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored and pissed off as i sit here watching playoff football without the Eagles...So I thought I'd take some time and play GM ughhhhh errrrrr Chip.....Naturally some of these free agents may not be available, but I am only choosing ones who I think will be available. I will also throw in a mock draft .

Jeff Maehl Wr - Scrap

Players that will be cut
James Casey TE- See ya
Brad Smith WR - Blows
That is a whole lot of cap savings there!!!

I'm telling you people DO Not be Shocked if Chip trades Shady, but I will not predict that just yet.

Time to attack free agency....

Mike Iupati or Stefan Wisniewski to play RG
Mason Foster ILB
Jason Worilds OLB
Buster Skrine CB
Byron Maxwell CB
Rahim Moore Safety
Randall Cobb or Cecil Shorts WR
Jake Locker QB

The Draft

Rd 1 Marcus Peters CB Washington
Rd 2 Chris Hackett Safety TCU (Hoping he lasts this long)
Rd 3 Lynden Trail OLB Norfolk St
Rd 4 Mike Hull ILB Penn St
Rd 4 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
Rd 5 Corey Robinson OT South Carolina
Rd 6 Bryan Bennett QB SouthEastern Louisiana
Rd 7 Venric Mark RB/KR/PR West Texas A&M

I don't see anything controversial in your cuts or the FAs that we leave walk.

Obviously, we re-sign Maclin. From what I read, he took a one year deal to prove himself in order to sign long term here, not to shop elsewhere for a big contract. A reasonable 4 year deal gets it done. Kid has shown nothing but maturity and class's and talent.

I think Parkey earned a nice raise also.

Need to take care of Polk.

The free agency list has names that can't be argued. What can be argued is just how many of these names can be had. Seriously, if you sign 8 top recognizable FAs, the draft becomes rather irrelevant. I think this list addresses the right positions. I think the #2 veteran WR position is absolutely critical. Cooper's down season effected everybody this year. A veteran like Cobb, Shorts, op even an older guy for two years makes a huge difference. I bet we could get Vincent or even A. Johnson.

If we get either of those veteran OGs, I am good with our current backups. I like Barbre a lot.

If we get Locker, Sanchez and Barkley can both go. Spend a later pick on a project QB from a smaller school who can throw and run.

In the draft, I think we all agree S and CB are priorities in the first three rounds. We can and will argue names all spring but we can save that for later.

If Ryans leaves, and he should, I think it's critical to address ILB early. Most of you know I pimp Eric Kendricks in round two if he's there.

I'd love to snag a prospect WR who can run and has size. I'm so sick of seeing other teams lobbing up the ball for penalties.

If we get all those FAs, it makes me more interested in trading Shady. Lots of good RBs in rounds 2-4 and I personally like Tucker on our PS.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks is intriguing. Evidently he is every bit as talented as is brother and you wonder if he may be worth more to the Eagles than anyone else. The brothers could have that sort of ability to know what the other is going to do in a way that only brothers can. Playing side by side could be better than either one with another partner.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks is intriguing. Evidently he is every bit as talented as is brother and you wonder if he may be worth more to the Eagles than anyone else. The brothers could have that sort of ability to know what the other is going to do in a way that only brothers can. Playing side by side could be better than either one with another partner.

I think you also have A clear idea of character. Eric is a bit different in that he is a true run stuffer. Lead the PAC in tackles multiple years.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Scrine is 5'9". If the Eagles wanted short CBs on the outside they would move Boykins there. At best Scrine is another slot corner. A good nickel guy what aspires to play on the outside and would likely get toasted by the best tall WRs like Bryant, Benjamin, Megatron and Nelson.
DPD when you write this stuff I can tell you have not watched Skrine play. He is one of the fastest players in the NFL and he can jump out of the building here take a look...and i think you know who the WR is he is covering

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Buster+Skrine+Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Cleveland+JyxF7ggseG8l.jpg

The Kids a Solid #2 Cb, a huge upgrade over Feltcher!

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole will almost certainly take a cut in pay, he lives in the area and just bought a farm so I think he stays.
Graham wants big money so I think he goes away.
I feel the Eagles will draft a QB in the top 3-4 rounds.
Ryans is likely gone as is Fletcher, Allen, Maehl and perhaps Herremans.
Cary Williams will be here 1 more year.

The difficult part is filling the bigger holes with short term FA talent while drafting for depth and hopefully 1 or 2 starters. I keep hoping the Eagles get it right but more often than not they screw up the draft.
Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy is traded.