• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings 2015 Full Offseason plan take 1...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you also have A clear idea of character. Eric is a bit different in that he is a true run stuffer. Lead the PAC in tackles multiple years.
I much prefer Denzell Perryman, the kid moves sideline to sideline better than Kendrick, he is good in coverage, has very good speed, and blows shit up! He does a great job reading the run, and blowing things up behind the LOS. I'd love to draft Perryman if given the chance.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McKinney is the best ILB in the draft - bar none, including Perryman, Kendricks, Thjompson, etc.
The best!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McKinney is the best ILB in the draft - bar none, including Perryman, Kendricks, Thjompson, etc.
The best!
He might be......not so sure he can cover to well though. He can Bang that is for sure.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored and pissed off as i sit here watching playoff football without the Eagles...So I thought I'd take some time and play GM ughhhhh errrrrr Chip.....Naturally some of these free agents may not be available, but I am only choosing ones who I think will be available. I will also throw in a mock draft .

The Free Agents that will not be retained
Nate Allen Safety - this guy just is not very good
Bradley Fletcher CB - Fletcher sucks, he needs to go.
Brandon Graham OLB/DE - if Graham was gonna stay he would have already signed. He wants to play DE not LB
Jeff Maehl Wr - Scrap

Players that will be cut
Trent Cole OLB/DE The only way he stays is if he will play for cheap
Demeco Ryans ILB He is done
Todd Herremans OG He is done
Cary Williams CB ASSHOLE!!!
James Casey TE- See ya
Brad Smith WR - Blows
Mark Sanchez QB - I think Chip brings in Locker
That is a whole lot of cap savings there!!!

I'm telling you people DO Not be Shocked if Chip trades Shady, but I will not predict that just yet.

Time to attack free agency....

Mike Iupati or Stefan Wisniewski to play RG
Mason Foster ILB
Jason Worilds OLB
Buster Skrine CB
Byron Maxwell CB
Rahim Moore Safety
Randall Cobb or Cecil Shorts WR
Jake Locker QB

The Draft

Rd 1 Marcus Peters CB Washington
Rd 2 Chris Hackett Safety TCU (Hoping he lasts this long)
Rd 3 Lynden Trail OLB Norfolk St
Rd 4 Mike Hull ILB Penn St
Rd 4 Miami
Rd 5 Corey Robinson OT South Carolina
Rd 6 Bryan Bennett QB SouthEastern Louisiana
Rd 7 Venric Mark RB/KR/PR West Texas A&M

That's a whole lot of change on defense. I would be surprised if the front seven changes that much. Chip seems to really love Cole and Ryans I see what you are thinking but I think both will be back with much lower contracts. That said I love the Mike Hull pick in round 4. Love the fact you are going after Wisnewski to play guard I think our oline really needs to step up again next year and adding a player like Wisnewski could really help. As for the rest of the draft, Peters only if the rest of his background checks out. Hackett probably doesn't last that long. Dorsett seems to be a Josh Huff clone I don't think they go after him.

Overall I would not be upset with this offseason at all.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, did anyone know that the Eagles have NEVER drafted a PENN STATE defensive player in their history?
We have picked some offensive players, but never the right guy. Meantime, it's almost always been PSU defensive playres that are the best players, not offensive.

Interesting. And guess who has - the Steelers, Giants, Dallas, and 49ers, to name a few.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, did anyone know that the Eagles have NEVER drafted a PENN STATE defensive player in their history?
We have picked some offensive players, but never the right guy. Meantime, it's almost always been PSU defensive playres that are the best players, not offensive.

Interesting. And guess who has - the Steelers, Giants, Dallas, and 49ers, to name a few.
Yep, true story. Gotta start drafting some Linebackers from Linebacker U !

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying that a bit, the worst case is when we drafted Kenny Jackson, a medicore Wr in 1984. He was just OK, nothing special, even though Buddy liked him better than Quick, for Pete's sake.

The next year (while I covered the Draft for my local paper, at the Vet media room), the Boobs were afraid to admit their error, and refused to draft one of these WR's: Jerry Rice; Al Toon; and Downtown Eddie Brown; and then made it worse, they were determined to draft a OT, and picked Kevin Allen , from Indiana U. His most notable contribution to society was getting arrested for raping a girl on the beach in NJ., if you recall.

We jsut can't draft the correct PSU players. :doh:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying that a bit, the worst case is when we drafted Kenny Jackson, a medicore Wr in 1984. He was just OK, nothing special, even though Buddy liked him better than Quick, for Pete's sake.

The next year (while I covered the Draft for my local paper, at the Vet media room), the Boobs were afraid to admit their error, and refused to draft one of these WR's: Jerry Rice; Al Toon; and Downtown Eddie Brown; and then made it worse, they were determined to draft a OT, and picked Kevin Allen , from Indiana U. His most notable contribution to society was getting arrested for raping a girl on the beach in NJ., if you recall.

We jsut can't draft the correct PSU players. :doh:
I loved Al Toon! To bad his career got cut short.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I much prefer Denzell Perryman, the kid moves sideline to sideline better than Kendrick, he is good in coverage, has very good speed, and blows shit up! He does a great job reading the run, and blowing things up behind the LOS. I'd love to draft Perryman if given the chance.

Any Of the three is an upgrade for the next 6-8 years. Kendricks is a tackling machine who led the PAC-12 in tackles for two years. 6 games this year with over ten tackles. And the brother of my favorite Eagle.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that the younger Kendricks is not quite the athlete that his brother is, and is also a smaller guy, but that maybe he is a tougher guy. I think having the Kendricks brothers at ILB would be pretty cool.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD when you write this stuff I can tell you have not watched Skrine play. He is one of the fastest players in the NFL and he can jump out of the building here take a look...and i think you know who the WR is he is covering

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Buster+Skrine+Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Cleveland+JyxF7ggseG8l.jpg

The Kids a Solid #2 Cb, a huge upgrade over Feltcher!

Chip will not even look at Skrine. He's not the right measurables. Chip is all about measurables.

The personnel team will only spend as much time on him as it takes to cross his name off the list.

Some of you need to get with the program. Just because you think it is prudent to uncover every stone, doesn't mean that Chip does. And we already know in the case of cornerbacks, Chip isn't putting a 5'9 guy on the outside. The only chance would be if he had freakishly long arms. Chip would have to have already seen that he was wrong, and does anyone really think that Chip changed his whole program just because of a few plays by Dez Bryant? Come on now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Al Toon! To bad his career got cut short.

Did you ever read about what he went through with the concussions? AwFul.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's surprising that Toon got concussions. Aren't big people like him supposed to beat up little cornerbacks?
Sorry, that was pretty weak! :lame:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's surprising that Toon got concussions. Aren't big people like him supposed to beat up little cornerbacks?
Sorry, that was pretty weak! :lame: :pound: