• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wims in the early lead for the 6th WR spot

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emanuel Hall got waived. Obviously just can't get healthy.

Miller plays a different position pretty much though.

No doubt, but they're talking about working him in at Robinson's position and being behind Wims in that respect.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be nice if Wims didn’t punch his own teammates.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but they're talking about working him in at Robinson's position and being behind Wims in that respect.

I get that. But it's silly because Miller doesn't play in that spot and he's basically a starter anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But it's silly because Miller doesn't play in that spot and he's basically a starter anyway.

To add to your point, he's not basically a starter. He is a starter opposite of Robinson.

To counter your point, I don't think it's silly that Wims is outperforming Anthony Miller in any facet of being a wide receiver. Including when either are playing in Robinson's position. I don't think it's silly that when Wims is on the field for Robinson, little or no drop off is experienced. Especially seeing as Wims will likely start the season as the first backup for either WR position.

Robinson has fought injuries for much of his career, including last season. Miller and Wims will likely be asked to step into that position at some point. Even if healthy, he will need snaps off here and there. You need receivers who can play out of multiple receiver positons and right now Wims is doing that better than Miller.

I think this is quite a positive sign that Wims is progressing into a reliable receiver. Hardly silly.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, I don't think it's silly that Wims is outperforming Anthony Miller in any facet of being a wide receiver.

Well, in reality, I seriously doubt he is outperforming Miller at anything. Nor do I think he's actually capable of doing so.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in reality, I seriously doubt he is outperforming Miller at anything. Nor do I think he's actually capable of doing so.

Ah, yes... good thing the guy on the SportsHoopla message board is here to set the Bears WR coach straight. :scratch:

I know you've put yourself in the precarious position on this forum of having to hope Wims fails as an NFL WR, but Jesus. lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want him to fail.

I hope I’m dead wrong about him and he goes on to become a Hall of Famer in a Bears uniform.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem admitting when I’ve been wrong and I seriously hope to one day have to post I was wrong about Wims.

Sometimes coaches talk up their players. It’s no different than the obligatory “this guy is in the best shape of his life” stuff.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem admitting when I’ve been wrong and I seriously hope to one day have to post I was wrong about Wims.

Sometimes coaches talk up their players. It’s no different than the obligatory “this guy is in the best shape of his life” stuff.
Yeah, a lot of bears fans get worked up over marginal players on these boards. It might even be a bears fan thing. I don’t expect much from Wims. He will probably have a similar bears career to Marquess Wilson. Like you, i hope I’m wrong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree. However, you backpedalled off of "it's not a big deal that he's outperforming Miller at AR's positon" to "there is zero chance he is outperforming Miller". You've just sort pigeon holed yourself here and overall when it comes to Wims.

Obviously, the odds are always stacked against a 7th rounder panning out into a long-term starter. Not exactly breaking new ground there. I would never call it "likely" that Wims turns into that. However, to deny that there's some ability worth keeping an eye on is just foolish. IMO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a lot of bears fans get worked up over marginal players on these boards. It might even be a bears fan thing. I don’t expect much from Wims. He will probably have a similar bears career to Marquess Wilson. Like you, i hope I’m wrong.

I have posted on a good handful of sports forums for every major sport. There does not exist an active forum I've ever been to which doesn't get excited over young players that possess even the slightest potential. I post on a White Sox forum where the hottest thread of the month of July was a debate over what AJ Reed could turn into upon the White Sox acquiring him off of waivers. He lasted 2 weeks before being DFA'd.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have posted on a good handful of sports forums for every major sport. There does not exist an active forum I've ever been to which doesn't get excited over young players that possess even the slightest potential. I post on a White Sox forum where the hottest thread of the month of July was a debate over what AJ Reed could turn into upon the White Sox acquiring him off of waivers. He lasted 2 weeks before being DFA'd.
Not sure about the Sox, but I notice these types of trends with the bears during the offseason and into the preseason. I think it’s because there is nothing to talk about.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell them they're basically 0 for the decade. *thumbs up*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the Sox, but I notice these types of trends with the bears during the offseason and into the preseason. I think it’s because there is nothing to talk about.

Pretty much. Just looking to the Bears games with hope that the Sox haven't provided in some time. *crosses fingers* Is the hype real? We'll find out soon. Meanwhile, kickers and Javon f*cking Wims. Oh yeah...Lemme bust out the party hat.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, you backpedalled off of "it's not a big deal that he's outperforming Miller at AR's positon"

I find it odd you put something in quotations that I never said.

You've just sort pigeon holed yourself here and overall when it comes to Wims.

No, I haven't at all. One, if I'm right and he goes on to do nothing of note in his career....I'm not gonna say I told you so. Because I'm not that asshole. I wasn't right because I know more than anyone else....I'm just a fan with an opinion. If he does well...I'll say I was wrong and be happy about it.

I feel Wims is nothing special and no one is gonna really remember him in a few years. That doesn't pigeonhole me....it's just an opinion.

However, to deny that there's some ability worth keeping an eye on is just foolish.

His only real ability seems to be his size, in my opinion. If he was a few inches shorter he's probably not even on a roster.

Not a good route runner, not a speedster. That typically equals not an NFL player.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears fan in general have always had an obsession with training camp star receivers. Wims has at least laid Tanner Gentry to rest....so that's one positive.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fan in general have always had an obsession with training camp star receivers. Wims has at least laid Tanner Gentry to rest....so that's one positive.

Sh*t...It's not just receivers...It's all kinds of players. I call it the "Chris Zorich" effect. Good guys these players are...We wanna see them become the awesome. But they never were, are, or will be the awesome. That doesn't stop the fan goggles from telling us what we want them to. But it's all biased bullpucky.

Javon Wims is what he is. A borderline roster guy. Nothing wrong with that...Somebody's gonna be that guy. He's better than most.