• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson out 6-10 weeks, broken...

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. I just think most nfl starting QBs would have won the Super Bowl last year with the Seahawks defense.

I guess it really boils down to what you mean by "most". I mean I agree that several QB's probably could've won a SB with That D but not more than half, or most.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, appreciate you noticing my effort there.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter how a player gets the job done as long ad the job gets done, and done well. Wilson plays within the limits of Seattle's offense and he does his job well. The Seahawks aren't built for high scoring shootouts and consequently they don't ask Wilson to take unnecessary risks looking for the big home run play.

The Seahawks just won the Super Bowl. Knocking Wilson right now is sour grapes. Or maybe just a weird perspective. Either way, Flacco is a really random comparison since his role and physical attributes differ so greatly from Wilson's and I'm not sure how you can really compare the two. Apples and oranges, IMO, but if I were an NFL GM I'd probably take Wilson over Flacco.

I don't know. Flacco was getting all of the praise Wilson is right now at this time last year. I thought the same thing about him last year that I do this year about Wilson, except for different reasons. Wilson is a great game manager that can give defenses headaches with his ability to roll out and avoid pressure. I think hes an average nfl QB that I think will start to regress this year once defensive coordinators get a year to figure out how to defend his scrambling ability. However, I think the Seahawks will still be contenders this year because of their defense.

On another note, I want to see how the bears would match up against the Seahawks defense. I remember the last time they met Brandon Marshall went off on Richard Sherman. If Cutler can take another step under the QB whisperer, I think the bears have the physicality from their Wrs to give the Seahawks defense fits. I think it would be a fun match up to watch. If Marquess Wilson gets healthy, the Bears would have 3 huge athletic and physical Wrs, a pretty big TE, and a great receiving running back to counter the great Seahawks secondary. If you remember in the Super Bowl, the broncos big physical wr was the only one able to do damage. Cutler would need to make a big step in decision making, but I think it could be a very good match up and one of the few offenses in the nfl that would give the Seahawks fits. I think the bears Wideouts are one of the few WR corps (maybe the only one) that wouldn't be intimidated by the physicality of the Seahawks secondary. We might get a test of it in preseason week three, but you can't take much from the preseason.

Anyway, sorry if I came off as abrasive. I just hate that quarterbacks become invincible the year after they end up winning the Super Bowl.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Seahawks just won the Super Bowl. Knocking Wilson right now is sour grapes. Or maybe just a weird perspective.

It isn't really "knocking" Wilson to recognize that he is basically an average-grade QB. Yes he did his job and that's what they needed him to do, but most fans don't consider him to be anything that special. Or worthy of other teams' posters starting threads about him on their home bulletin board. It isn't weird, it's normal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilfer never got credit. ANY credit, for that matter.

People unanimously vote Dilfer the worst QB to win a SB.

There's tons of people who consider Eli a hall of fame QB for his two SB wins alone. There's morons who believe he's the reason they won those SB's.

Big difference.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer never got credit. ANY credit, for that matter.

People unanimously vote Dilfer the worst QB to win a SB.

There's tons of people who consider Eli a hall of fame QB for his two SB wins alone. There's morons who believe he's the reason they won those SB's.

Big difference.

If he wad voted wirst Supet Bowl Qb...then ge got credit for something.

C

cubzzzfanincali

My vote for worst SB winning QB is Brad Johnson, not Dilfer. I think Hostetler deserves honorable mention here.

The fact that Eli won two Super Bowls is just so wrong on so many levels. Yes, he can be streaky and he is good when he is streaky good, but almost every QB is good when they are streaky good. His problem is his bad streaky can come often and intensely. I guess you can say one thing for him, which is that he didn't choke in the spotlight, unlike McNabb or his brother did last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote for worst SB winning QB is Brad Johnson, not Dilfer. I think Hostetler deserves honorable mention here.

I know I'll get slaughtered but I'll go with Terry Bradshaw. 4 SBs and HOF for a scrub QB. Look at his stats and dilweed looks good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I'll get slaughtered but I'll go with Terry Bradshaw. 4 SBs and HOF for a scrub QB. Look at his stats and dilweed looks good.

You have to realize how different the game was man. HOF QB's threw more INT's than TD's back then. It was so much tougher to throw the ball.

I realize Bradshaw wasn't great, but you can't compare numbers from that era. You just can't. Not to mention, Bradshaw was a great big game QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that Eli won two Super Bowls is just so wrong on so many levels. Yes, he can be streaky and he is good when he is streaky good, but almost every QB is good when they are streaky good. His problem is his bad streaky can come often and intensely. I guess you can say one thing for him, which is that he didn't choke in the spotlight, unlike McNabb or his brother did last year.

Meh… Dilfer was so poor that season that he wasn't brought back the following season. Brad Johnson won the MVP his SB season, and had a few good runs in Minny too. He went 72-53 lifetime as a starter. Not bad.