• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson out 6-10 weeks, broken...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Morgan can be a serviceable #3. I hate the collar bone injury though, once you break it, it tend to be an ongoing problem. If he breaks it again, his career could be over.

Honestly, that isn't what I've read. I've read, once it heals, the clavicle will actually be stronger than before. Hmmm.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a shot for near vet min... Problem is, he still thinks he's some sort of league MVP candidate.

Edit: Ultimately, would he really want to play on a team where he is the 4th or 5th option?

I dont know, I think he learned he was not all he thought he was after leaving Pittsburg, maybe reality has set in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that isn't what I've read. I've read, once it heals, the clavicle will actually be stronger than before. Hmmm.

^^^ This.

Once you break your collar bone, it heals much stronger than it was. Not sure where someone told him that, but hopefully it wasn't a medical professional. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Morgan

Josh Morgan NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Earl Bennett

Earl Bennett NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

They're practically clones of one another. The size, style of play, numbers… amount of games played in the NFL. Everything.

I'm not at all worried if Morgan is our #3 the first month. Our #3 WR isn't exactly going to see THAT many balls anyway. Pretty much the 5th target, when you consider that Forte will likely see far more targets, along with BM, AJ, and Martellus.

His seasons isn't close to being over either. I feel like people don't realize this. He'll likely be back in late September/early October.

C

cubzzzfanincali

stats being identical, they are definitely not identical receivers. Earl is more versatile among the positions, he is a better pure receiver, whereas Josh was a better all-around team guy, better run blocker and returner. In theory, the Bears know both guys and could choose accordingly.

My bigger issue is this...the Bears seem laser-locked on bigger receivers, not on guys who are genius route runners. Morgan and Bennett are in fact similar, so while I don't think they are identical receivers, they are similar enough that I agree there's not much point. I have many, many, many problems with the idea of bringing Santonio here. Frankly, I think they should leave the position group alone. This isn't the Bears group of roster weakness right now.

Hold your fire for the injuries to come.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stats being identical, they are definitely not identical receivers. Earl is more versatile among the positions, he is a better pure receiver, whereas Josh was a better all-around team guy, better run blocker and returner. In theory, the Bears know both guys and could choose accordingly.

My bigger issue is this...the Bears seem laser-locked on bigger receivers, not on guys who are genius route runners. Morgan and Bennett are in fact similar, so while I don't think they are identical receivers, they are similar enough that I agree there's not much point. I have many, many, many problems with the idea of bringing Santonio here. Frankly, I think they should leave the position group alone. This isn't the Bears group of roster weakness right now.

Listening to the Over/under Bear line on csn, which is set by vegas at 8 ish wins, the man doing the prognosticating really pointed at the Bears back ups as being a major concern... What happens if Jay goes down, or Bennett or Brandon or Brandon and AJ??? The depth issue has this guy concerned about the Bears who have the toughest schedule in the division (according to him).

C

cubzzzfanincali

If I had to rank position group depths on this roster, from best to worst, I'd probably go like this:

1) QB
2) LB
3) TE
4) Safety
5) RB
6) DE
7) OT
8) DT
9) interior OL
10) WR
11) CB

I am not currently worried about WR depth. At least we have 4 guys who have played at the NFL level in some capacity. and they are overall not that old. There's no question this team is extremely vulnerable to Cutler getting hurt. Everyone seems complacent about LB but two of the three projected starters are getting up there in years, a third is totally unproven, and 2 of the 3 remaining spots didn't exactly shine in their opportunity last year.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once upon a time it was small guys that couldnt run clean routes, i.e Hester and Knox...in a Martz offense of all systems.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once upon a time it was small guys that couldnt run clean routes, i.e Hester and Knox...in a Martz offense of all systems.

I hear you, but man, wouldn't it be nice right now to have a Knox in his prime to go along with BM & AJ ?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but man, wouldn't it be nice right now to have a Knox in his prime to go along with BM & AJ ?

EWWWW… WHAT?

Absolutely not.

The guy had stones in his hands, and the only route he could run was a straight line. And… he could only play on the outside. Good sprinter... shit receiver. Beyond worthless in this offense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will come back better than ever and become a force for you guys. The guy has a crazy determination because he has had to work hard for everything in his life because he has never been highly rated or had anything handed to him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Wilson will come back better than ever and become a force for you guys. The guy has a crazy determination because he has had to work hard for everything in his life because he has never been highly rated or had anything handed to him.

Ok, so I will root for him and everything, but he has yet to demonstrate anything. Anything at all. For all I know, even healthy he could suck as a NFL receiver. Just because he is tall and fast doesn't mean he can get off jams, run routes well, run block, or catch at average or above rates. Hey, I hope he pulls it off and comes back, but honestly, who gives a shit based on what we know? Which is...remember...nearly nothing.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I will root for him and everything, but he has yet to demonstrate anything. Anything at all. For all I know, even healthy he could suck as a NFL receiver. Just because he is tall and fast doesn't mean he can get off jams, run routes well, run block, or catch at average or above rates. Hey, I hope he pulls it off and comes back, but honestly, who gives a shit based on what we know? Which is...remember...nearly nothing.

Yea but Brandon Marshall say's he's one of the best he ever saw... Or was that on Hester?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank position group depths on this roster, from best to worst, I'd probably go like this:

1) QB
2) LB
3) TE
4) Safety
5) RB
6) DE
7) OT
8) DT
9) interior OL
10) WR
11) CB

I am not currently worried about WR depth. At least we have 4 guys who have played at the NFL level in some capacity. and they are overall not that old. There's no question this team is extremely vulnerable to Cutler getting hurt. Everyone seems complacent about LB but two of the three projected starters are getting up there in years, a third is totally unproven, and 2 of the 3 remaining spots didn't exactly shine in their opportunity last year.

Hmm, I think CB will be fine, but Interior OL took a hit when De La Puenta went out. Oli, Ola, whatever does seem like a solid back up though. And boggs did no better than Garza. DT will be fine as well, DE has plenty of depth for a solid rotation.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I basically agree, provided the new arrivals play well. I made that list before dlp went out, now I agree interior o line doesn't look so hot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you ever expected him to block well then you will never like the guy. Everything else he does excel well at, he is just raw out of college. His 40 time doesn't blow you away but he made Richard Sherman look like a middle school backup when they played Stanford if that helps at all.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I about had a heart attack when I saw the title.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I about had a heart attack when I saw the title.

Last time I checked, there are other people named Wilson playing football. And considering this is the Bears Board...???

I realize the world revolves around Seattle, but give me a fucking break.