• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson "Juice" racquet falls apart and sucks

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the Wilson nCode for extreme western grips for a few years. It's successor (similar stiffness, feel, etc) is the Juice.
So, I bought a couple of them and loved 'em. Great pop on the ball, good feel and it delivers a heavy ball. But after only a couple months of my heavy groundstrokes, the nice "pop" has turned into a sad "bonk."

I had both restrung but they were the same. Something left these racquets and they're pieces of shit now. They're made from a new material, basalt, instead of the tried and true graphene and graphite. Me thinks they didn't test the new stuff enough because the racquet losing integrity really fast.

At $160 each, I'm sure as hell not going to buy a new one every month. So, fuck it, I'm going back to a Babolat Pure Drive and never looking back.

crap:
Wilson-Juice3.jpg

Tried and true:
pure1.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are shabby. You can tell that just by their name :whistle:

Seriously though, I have not used Wilson in almost 10 years. Some of their new racquets seemed to be much improved. They have a habit of trying gimmicks once they get a following. Remember the Triads? Wilson was probably the most popular racquets up until they introduced those pieces of crap that would snap into 3 pieces after not too long.

I have stuck with Yonex for a while now, but would not recommend them for players who need power from the stick itself. They are more flexible control oriented for those who create their own pace or hit flat and require the racquet to generate a boot more spin. Otherwise Babolat. They are heavier stiffer racquets that have a ton of power.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are shabby. You can tell that just by their name :whistle:

Seriously though, I have not used Wilson in almost 10 years. Some of their new racquets seemed to be much improved. They have a habit of trying gimmicks once they get a following. Remember the Triads? Wilson was probably the most popular racquets up until they introduced those pieces of crap that would snap into 3 pieces after not too long.

I have stuck with Yonex for a while now, but would not recommend them for players who need power from the stick itself. They are more flexible control oriented for those who create their own pace or hit flat and require the racquet to generate a boot more spin. Otherwise Babolat. They are heavier stiffer racquets that have a ton of power.

FFFFUUUU! lol I thought they were destiny for my game.

Yes, I remember the Triads. I was using some Head racquet at the time but all the old guys and women had a Triad.

I should have tried the faster swinging version from Babolat that Rafa uses but had to get something quickly and had a couple PureDrives strung and overnighted from Tennis Warehouse. I'll try an AeroDrive demo sometime soon.

I've used PureDrives and know they work. But they really are a heavier swing than what I'm used to.
For whatever reason, I can't get away with a half/quick swing with the Pure Drive...gotta take that thing all way back and set-up the swing properly. I suppose that's good in a habit forming kinda' way.

It's too bad about the Wilson Juice though...it really hit awesome for the first month or so. But I just wanted to warn anyone else considering trying one of the new basalt racquets.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes simple is better. That old green Prince Graphite was awesome.