• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Your Team Fuck Up the Draft?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine will. I saw the Bengals guys are worried because they've had three good drafts in a row and they feel they're due to fuck one up. The Titans have blown three straight and I'm fully convinced that I will officially have handed my fan card in after our first pick tonight. I've been so disgsusted since we started 13-0 and got beat by Baltimore in the playoffs that if they don't take the best available OL or DL in the first round, I'm literally finished with the love of my life and going to my bootie call, the Chargers.

I'm breaking shit if we don't take Chance Warmack, Jonathon Cooper or Barkevious Mingo with out first pick.

Will your team get it right or fuck it up tonight?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo is a beast... I think he has tons of upside as he never full achieved his potential in college. Never seen someone that big and strong with that much quickness and speed.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers better not.. They rely on it and haven't had much luck with it in recent years.

It's starting to show

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a terrible draft...according to someone. They know better than I do, so I'm not going to judge their decisions. They'll probably be a head scratcher or two though that will confuse me :scratch:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns always fuck it up. We DONT need another 1st round QB tyvm...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont we are in for a miserable season

Agreed.. With as many needs as we currently have, we can't afford to whiff on a single pick.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo is a beast... I think he has tons of upside as he never full achieved his potential in college. Never seen someone that big and strong with that much quickness and speed.

Yep, which is exactly why the Titans will select a 5' 9" WR from Austin Peay. I'm so convinced that we're going to fuck up this pick that when it happens I will literally break shit. My Dad is the eternal optimist and refuses to criticize the Titans but he's worried as hell and admits it.

I've said it before for other reasons (like retaining Mike Munchak) but I swear on all that's holy that if we fuck this up, it will be very difficult but I will turn my back on these guys and go to the Chargers until we get responsible ownership. And even if we draft solid, I already know that next season will be 8-8 (at best), we'll have a total lack of accountability from the coaching staff and they'll all be gone the day the season ends. I already fucking know it and it frustrates the hell out of me.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns always fuck it up. We DONT need another 1st round QB tyvm...

I have some strong opinions on the draft and like allot of you guys, feel like I could manage a draft if I were able to work on it full-time year round. And my first rule would be:

1.) Unless it's Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, NEVER draft a QB in the first round.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little to no faith in Jerry Jones ability to pick the right guys. The Raiders and Jets are fighting for the crown of who has the most draft busts, but the Cowboys aren't far behind since Jerry took the reigns.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, just a suggestion, do we want to consolidate all/any draft threads? I think there are few enough people on this particular board that we can keep it manageable.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little to no faith in Jerry Jones ability to pick the right guys. The Raiders and Jets are fighting for the crown of who has the most draft busts, but the Cowboys aren't far behind since Jerry took the reigns.

Yeah, that's frustrating to see when you're a fan of the team and feel like you could do better than the billionaire who owns the team. How can that be?

I would be so ultra-conservative in the draft that I think over time it would pay off and allow me to go after high-profile free agents like QB, WR and CB. I'd always trade away a top 5 pick and draft OL and DL in the first rounds until I had a new Fearsom Foursome and then move to LB, FS and CB in that order unless there was an irresistible talent available.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, just a suggestion, do we want to consolidate all/any draft threads? I think there are few enough people on this particular board that we can keep it manageable.

It's up to you guys. I guess I didn't intend this to be a general draft thread but more about whether your team will fuck it up.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I have been reading there is a plethora of quality wr's this year we dont need to pick one of those in the early rounds ..

Believe it or not, one thing that I'm really looking for is a quality QB... We need someone now to start preparing to take over in the future. Gradkowski isn't the long term answer & Ben is getting older. It could be over with one hit & we have no one waiting in the wings to take over. QB is now the most important position in the league & without one, we are absolute toast.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, one thing that I'm really looking for is a quality QB... We need someone now to start preparing to take over in the future. Gradkowski isn't the long term answer & Ben is getting older. It could be over with one hit & we have no one waiting in the wings to take over. QB is now the most important position in the league & without one, we are absolute toast.

Man, this of all years doesn't seem the year to draft a QB early. :2cents:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some strong opinions on the draft and like allot of you guys, feel like I could manage a draft if I were able to work on it full-time year round. And my first rule would be:

1.) Unless it's Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, NEVER draft a QB in the first round.

Or Eli Manning. Or Ben Roethlisberger. Or Aaron Rodgers.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this of all years doesn't seem the year to draft a QB early. :2cents:

Agreed.. Thing is we wouldn't be able to afford an early pick on a qb this year anyway. I'd love to see us get one later in the draft & cultivate him. Like I said though, we can't whiff on anything.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Eli Manning. Or Ben Roethlisberger. Or Aaron Rodgers.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have drafted any of those in the first round, especially Ben or Rodgers.