• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will You Sit Manning

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a tougher three weeks than what the Broncos have coming up with the Chiefs-Pats-Chiefs. Do you think Manning should sit one of those games? The Chiefs are the NFL sack leaders and he looked like he was in a great deal of pain yesterday. I have the utmost respect for Manning and would really hate to see the guy not finish the season due to injury. I would think--if he clears his MRI today--that he would play next week against the Chiefs, sit against the Pats, and then get ready for the Chiefs. What is the backup, Osweiler, like?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MRI is just a precaution. I'm sure he'll be ready to go Sunday night. That being said, I am a bit worried because they Chiefs have a good pass rush. They've been shut down the past few weeks though, so I hope that continues.

Even if we did have to start Oz I still think we'd have a chance because I think out defense is gonna give KC real problems. They don't throw the ball well, and we're one of the best defenses in the league against the run.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I haven't been all that impressed with Alex Smith and the Chiefs' passing game this year. Their obvious strength is on the defensive side of the ball. If you can stuff the line and force Smith to throw, I think the Broncos can take the Chiefs down without Peyton. Also, the Chiefs haven't blown anyone out this year with the exception of the Giants.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning has to play to win any of the next 3 games. If Manning feels healthy then he should play. Its as simple as that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning has to play to win any of the next 3 games. If Manning feels healthy then he should play. Its as simple as that.

Definitely agree with that last sentence, but I couldn't disagree more with the first sentence. Our chances of beating either KC or NE without PM definitely go down, but I'm not prepared to say that it can't happen.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he should play as long as he is physically able.

Clark is really struggling right now. Personally, I think the coaches should take him aside and tell him that no matter what, Manning doesn't get hit. If you get beat, trip the guy, grab him, haul him down, whatever, just don't let Manning get hit. Our offense can overcome a holding penalty, but Manning going down ends our chances of a Super Bowl run.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he should play as long as he is physically able.

Clark is really struggling right now. Personally, I think the coaches should take him aside and tell him that no matter what, Manning doesn't get hit. If you get beat, trip the guy, grab him, haul him down, whatever, just don't let Manning get hit. Our offense can overcome a holding penalty, but Manning going down ends our chances of a Super Bowl run.

Agreed. I also think that we might need to use a TE to help on the left side.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this upcoming three week run, the Broncos have a fairly easy schedule--Titans, Chargers, Oakland, Texans. Granted, no win is ever guaranteed in the NFL, but depending on what the MRI says today, I would think if it's serious, the Broncos would be well served by getting Manning some rest in preparation for the playoffs. Now, convincing Peyton of this is an entirely different matter. The guy is a competitor, and outside of being in a coma, I can't see him agreeing to sit out for rest.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this upcoming three week run, the Broncos have a fairly easy schedule--Titans, Chargers, Oakland, Texans. Granted, no win is ever guaranteed in the NFL, but depending on what the MRI says today, I would think if it's serious, the Broncos would be well served by getting Manning some rest in preparation for the playoffs. Now, convincing Peyton of this is an entirely different matter. The guy is a competitor, and outside of being in a coma, I can't see him agreeing to sit out for rest.

These next three games are too important to sit PM if he's able to play. Doesn't make sense to me to try and let him get well at the expense of possibly having to play a wild card game instead of winning the division.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning sitting now most likely means a Wild Card spot which means an extra playoff game. That doesnt help Manning and the Broncos at all either. If the doctors and Manning feel good enough to play he should play.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with that last sentence, but I couldn't disagree more with the first sentence. Our chances of beating either KC or NE without PM definitely go down, but I'm not prepared to say that it can't happen.

Anything can happen I agree but here in Wisconsin watching the Packers without Rodgers is about the same thing that could happen to Denver. I guess it would depend on how ready Brock Osweiler is.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with this is that even if we win the next 3 games we will still only be 1 game ahead of the chiefs and they don't have a particularly rough schedule after that. I don't know that we will have the cushion to cruise through the last four games. Also, that could make for a very rusty Manning come playoff time.

If Manning is good to go, play him. If it gets down to the last couple of games and we have everything locked up I would play him for maybe a half and let him sit the rest.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen I agree but here in Wisconsin watching the Packers without Rodgers is about the same thing that could happen to Denver. I guess it would depend on how ready Brock Osweiler is.

Not only on how ready Osweiler is, but also how flexible the offense is, how much the defense can step up, and just how good both KC and the Pats really are. For example, are we capable of grinding out a win or three against those teams by emphasizing a running game and solid defense? Hopefully, of course, we don't have to find the answer to that question.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about playing in the Broncos' showdown with AFC West leader Kansas City (9-0) next Sunday night, Manning said: "I totally plan on it."

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I also think that we might need to use a TE to help on the left side.

I watched yesterday and only saw 3 times where we had a TE on the left to help Clark. This is where Dreessen would help immensely IMO. I have a feeling we're going to see more 2 TE sets this week than we have in any game up to this point.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched yesterday and only saw 3 times where we had a TE on the left to help Clark. This is where Dreessen would help immensely IMO. I have a feeling we're going to see more 2 TE sets this week than we have in any game up to this point.

This is good for several reasons. It protects Manning for starters and it also facilitates the running game. The Chiefs defense can be had by the run, and while the Broncos are not a top-flight act in terms of moving the ball on the ground, if they do it early and often it will keep that Chiefs defense honest.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am. If he sat the next three games you go 0-3.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. If he sat the next three games you go 0-3.

Definitely disagree. The Chiefs have barely scraped by some teams with QBs making their first starts. Undrafted FAs making their first starts, even. The Broncos have enough tools on offense that a guy like Osweiler could probably grind out a win. The Broncos defense is good enough to keep the Chiefs corralled, too.

Anyway, hopefully we don't have to find out.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to giving Clark a little more help with a tight end, I'd like to see the Broncos chip on that side with the running backs. I know they like to get Moreno out on routes, but I think they could use him to chip the pass rushers and still get him out on a release route.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to giving Clark a little more help with a tight end, I'd like to see the Broncos chip on that side with the running backs. I know they like to get Moreno out on routes, but I think they could use him to chip the pass rushers and still get him out on a release route.

Seems odd to me that Clark was playing well up until the past few games. I wonder if there's a hole in his technique that other teams have keyed in on? Our protection has definitely taken a hit lately (with exception of the Washington game, where I thought we might have had all that figured out.) I did notice SD got most of it's pressure off blitzes though. While they got to Manning a few times, he also made them pay dearly too.