• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will You Sit Manning

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to giving Clark a little more help with a tight end, I'd like to see the Broncos chip on that side with the running backs. I know they like to get Moreno out on routes, but I think they could use him to chip the pass rushers and still get him out on a release route.

Or even run more two back sets. Whatever it takes to keep Manning upright, and if we see that KC is gonna go balls out with pressure then having Moreno and Ball in the backfield wouldn't be a bad idea.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blitzing definitely helped San Diego apply some pressure on Manning but it was also the times where the Broncos ran the screen game a ton and destroyed the Chargers. So it really is a all or nothing type decision by the defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the topic at hand. Honestly I have thought that the Chargers were a tougher match up because they have a good quarterback that could keep up with our offense. I honestly think with the offensive weapons that we have Osweiler would be ok. We would have to have our defense definitely step up more than they have but at the same time as weird as this is to say they actually played a decent OL that has given up the 2nd fewest sacks of any OL this year.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the topic at hand. Honestly I have thought that the Chargers were a tougher match up because they have a good quarterback that could keep up with our offense. I honestly think with the offensive weapons that we have Osweiler would be ok. We would have to have our defense definitely step up more than they have but at the same time as weird as this is to say they actually played a decent OL that has given up the 2nd fewest sacks of any OL this year.

The qualifier there is SD lost one of their O-linemen early in the game. Still, we were getting decent pressure on Rivers with him in there.

The only concern I have is Clark. Is he up to the task against KC, or will Denver take advantage of their improved health on the O-Line to shore up the left side better? I heard a lot about SD players successfully anticipating the snap count on Sunday. That could also have been a factor in Clark's struggles, although I imaging that would be something Manning would adjust in the game. If there is a concern with KC it's Clark's ability to contain their rushers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The qualifier there is SD lost one of their O-linemen early in the game. Still, we were getting decent pressure on Rivers with him in there.

The only concern I have is Clark. Is he up to the task against KC, or will Denver take advantage of their improved health on the O-Line to shore up the left side better? I heard a lot about SD players successfully anticipating the snap count on Sunday. That could also have been a factor in Clark's struggles, although I imaging that would be something Manning would adjust in the game. If there is a concern with KC it's Clark's ability to contain their rushers.

I agree Clark's struggles these last few games are a bit concerning. I would hope Manning and Gase would spend this week making sure to shore up some of the big hits that Manning has been taking. I do expect them to use more 2-TE sets especially early on in the game to force KC into their base package and have to stop our run but still respect the pass. Or at the very least put the TE on the left side to chip my guess is Hali on the left side as I think Franklin can handle Houston pretty well by himself.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Clark's struggles these last few games are a bit concerning. I would hope Manning and Gase would spend this week making sure to shore up some of the big hits that Manning has been taking. I do expect them to use more 2-TE sets especially early on in the game to force KC into their base package and have to stop our run but still respect the pass. Or at the very least put the TE on the left side to chip my guess is Hali on the left side as I think Franklin can handle Houston pretty well by himself.

Yeah, I thought we'd worked past that with the Redskins game. If I remember correctly, Manning had pretty decent protection there. Didn't expect SD to give us fits like they did. You think they'd consider a shuffle in the O-line to take advantage of the improved health? I agree that the right side is strong against what pressure KC would manage. My biggest questions are with Clark in the left side, and Ramirez against Poe. I think if we can contain them in the 4-man rush, Manning can make them pay dearly if/when they try to blitz.