• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the least watched SB in SB history?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask because most people I know say they have no interest and won't bother watching. I have no interest myself for the first time ever. What say you? Will this SB get the lowest SB ratings ever?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No- but there will be a high level of dislike of either winner. Lot of heels, not of lot of likable between the two teams, for the most part.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much of a factor all this anthem kneeling nonsense will play. I suspect that alone will result in a slight decrease. But overall, this is one of those east coast/west coast SBs featuring two marquee teams. And perhaps more importantly, no clear-cut favorite. Many of course like the experience of NE, but others feel what the Rams may lack there, they make up for in talent. I think it's going to be a good one and plan on watching - altho I only watch for the commercials. :eyebrows:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess dynasty teams do get a lot of hate. The Yankees in baseball, the Habs in hockey, it's pretty normal I guess. I'm not a Pats fan but I can't "not" acknowledge how great a team they are. It's fun to watch a dynasty whether it's a player or franchise. We won't see another Gretzky or Tiger Woods for a long time nor will another QB come along soon and snatch up 5 SB's possibly 6 tonight. People call the Pats cheaters. Well OK, but didn't Aaron Rogers admit to over inflating footballs and Joe Montana admitted that his o/line sprayed their unis with silicone to make them harder to tackle? Montana and Rogers are pretty well thought of athletes.

Enjoy the game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not anywhere close to least watched. Sure there are a lot of people talking about not watching and last year was down a little but to expect a massive decrease in audience is reaching. Even the protests last year didn't stop this juggernaut from still going over the 100 mill mark.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be lower than recent years, but not by much.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most of the New Orleans, if not almost all of Louisiana/Mississippi are probably not gonna watch. I know I am not, first time in over 30 years that I will miss a Superbowl. So the ratings at least from down South will probably be lower than normal. Not sure about the rest of the country, but the NFL got its East?West coast super matchup they wanted... they are happy. I for one don't know a single person I have talked to here in New Orleans that will be watching the game and most all the bars will be showing the Saints Superbowl win game at the time the Superbowl will be on....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to see is this for perspective. it's from this link.
Super Bowl Ratings History (1967-present)

The Super Bowl ratings record remains a 49.1 for 49ers-Bengals in 1982, but the viewership record was set more recently, 114.4 million for Patriots-Seahawks in 2015. The past ten Super Bowls rank as the ten most-watched all-time, and the past eight rank as the eight most-watched programs in U.S. television history.

Last year’s Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl was the least-watched since 2009.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL will have rigged it wrong if it is.

They need Rams fans, so I assume some horrible calls are in store.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not anywhere close to least watched. Sure there are a lot of people talking about not watching and last year was down a little but to expect a massive decrease in audience is reaching. Even the protests last year didn't stop this juggernaut from still going over the 100 mill mark.

pizza hut agrees

When Papa John’s International Inc. and the league ended their relationship after the company’s former CEO blamed player protests for sliding sales, it took the NFL just 24 hours to announce a new, bigger deal with Yum Brands Inc.’s Pizza Hut.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt.

I have seen almost no interest from non gamblers.
The prospect of widespread legalized sports betting in the U.S. will only buoy the ability of leagues to make money.

When — not if — the NFL embraces the U.S. sports betting market, the money will flow. The league should see an annual revenue increase of $2.3 billion, more than the combined estimate for MLB ($1.1 billion), the NBA ($585 million) and the National Hockey League ($216 million), according to the American Gaming Association.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask because most people I know say they have no interest and won't bother watching. I have no interest myself for the first time ever. What say you? Will this SB get the lowest SB ratings ever?
The fact New England is in it again takes the fun out of watching it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prospect of widespread legalized sports betting in the U.S. will only buoy the ability of leagues to make money.

When — not if — the NFL embraces the U.S. sports betting market, the money will flow. The league should see an annual revenue increase of $2.3 billion, more than the combined estimate for MLB ($1.1 billion), the NBA ($585 million) and the National Hockey League ($216 million), according to the American Gaming Association.
They're going to need to work on being legit first. Can't be rigging Conference Championships if you want increases in gambling. Or a cut of it.

Gambling is like weed to me in the regard that I'm not all that interested in the legal version with tax revenue. You prolly are right. But it's just not for me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that many of you on here are looking at this from a pure football fan perspective and obviously, there are plenty of comments on social media about it but the Super bowl has become such a huge event that goes so far beyond just the game. If anything, I think viewership may actually be up from last year just because people want to have a party to forget all the bullshit going on in the world around them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's football
I'll be watching

now, the state of Louisiana might be a different story....their lose

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most of the New Orleans, if not almost all of Louisiana/Mississippi are probably not gonna watch. I know I am not, first time in over 30 years that I will miss a Superbowl. So the ratings at least from down South will probably be lower than normal. Not sure about the rest of the country, but the NFL got its East?West coast super matchup they wanted... they are happy. I for one don't know a single person I have talked to here in New Orleans that will be watching the game and most all the bars will be showing the Saints Superbowl win game at the time the Superbowl will be on....
Wow. That is a crazy amount of sore loser, sour grapes