• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will There Be a "Hatred" Lawsuit if Homo Isn't Drafted?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say he doesn't get drafted.

Just exactly WHO do you think he can sue??? The NFL as a league does not control what individually owned teams do or draft.

I'm sure a lawyer would take his money.......but that's not a winnable case unless he has direct evidence that he was not drafted specifically because a team or teams didn't like that he was gay.

If there is a will then there is a way... i am no lawyer, but i am sure that they could get something through a lawsuit- even if it is not that much...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP shouldnt be, but will the media? Being an attractive lesbian is viewed much differently in society and the media than being a gay football star.

this guy still has a long way too go, he still needs to be:

A) Drafted

B) Make a roster

The media can spin it 10,000 ways, the bottomline is the NFL will not lose fans cause of it for the simple fact if he doesn't make an NFL roster every common joe fan will know it was cause he couldn't play not cause of his sexual preference...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say he doesn't get drafted.

Just exactly WHO do you think he can sue??? The NFL as a league does not control what individually owned teams do or draft.

I'm sure a lawyer would take his money.......but that's not a winnable case unless he has direct evidence that he was not drafted specifically because a team or teams didn't like that he was gay.

Legislation in the nfl would be created as a "rooney rule" for gays. Look at the ruckus kluwe create and he was a below average punter at the time he was released. It will cast a dark shadow on the nfl becaus the media is under the impression all warm blooded americans are gay bashers it seems. His poor numbers will be ignored, nfl owners will be admonished and his sexual orientation will be seen as the reason he was passed up. Although the nfl is a business and owners will take anybody that is talented regardless of their beliefs or sexual orientation. They are about winning and money, but thats not what the general public nor the media will look at and the pressure from the media will force the nfl to accommodate homosexuals even more.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy still has a long way too go, he still needs to be:

A) Drafted

B) Make a roster

The media can spin it 10,000 ways, the bottomline is the NFL will not lose fans cause of it for the simple fact if he doesn't make an NFL roster every common joe fan will know it was cause he couldn't play not cause of his sexual preference...

They should know that, but there are many fans who wont. Its like politics, many people see the name and vote for the guy come election time due to familiarity. Many fans and the general public will say, "wait, ive heard of this guy"..and assume hes talented and was ignored due to being gay thanks to the media.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should know that, but there are many fans who wont. Its like politics, many people see the name and vote for the guy come election time due to familiarity. Many fans and the general public will say, "wait, ive heard of this guy"..and assume hes talented and was ignored due to being gay thanks to the media.

I'm sure your right, and yes we will have people that have nothing better to do with there lives so they'll stand out side stadiums on game days holding signs protesting to it, but sooner or later people will figure it out that the whole thing is being blown up cause of the media....

No pun intended on the "blown" comment...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure your right, and yes we will have people that have nothing better to do with there lives so they'll stand out side stadiums on game days holding signs protesting to it, but sooner or later people will figure it out that the whole thing is being blown up cause of the media....

No pun intended on the "blown" comment...

I wish i had time to waste time.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again......a lawsuit would be at HIS expense, and mean nothing to the NFL.

He'd have to PROVE the NFL instructed teams not to draft him. Outside of that he has no case whatsoever.

There's nothing for the league to fear and no reason to make a rule or give him anything at all.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the kid will even make it on a roster somewhere but if he does I'll bet ten bucks he is the first one in the shower after every practice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the kid will even make it on a roster somewhere but if he does I'll bet ten bucks he is the first one in the shower after every practice.

or the last.... with a paddle...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself a good person for this thread since I love the NFL draft, I'm a Mizzou fan and I'm met Sam (albeit briefly)

Here is my currently ranking of Mizzou prospects:

Kony Ealy: Top 15
EJ Gaines: Early-mid 3rd rounder. Could go higher with a good pro day
L'damian Washington: 5th rounder
Henry Josey: 7th rounder
Michael Sam: 7th-UDFA
Marcus Lucas: UDFA
James Franklin: Selling insurance

Sam has no natural position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think he goes to either the 49ers (for obvious reasons) or the Patriots. Robert Kraft could use the positive PR. Whoever drafts him though is opening themselves up to all sorts of precedent-setting scenarios which will likely end in lawsuit.

I don't think a team running a 3-4 defense is going to touch this guy. So maybe the Pats; not the Niners.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a team running a 3-4 defense is going to touch this guy. So maybe the Pats; not the Niners.
Not after that combine, no. He is a 4-3 DE...which means is stock is low with his lack of size

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some team will take him in the 7th round. Whether he makes their roster who knows, but if he's drafted there's no reason for a lawsuit because he would get a chance to make a roster in training camp.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some team will take him in the 7th round. Whether he makes their roster who knows, but if he's drafted there's no reason for a lawsuit because he would get a chance to make a roster in training camp.
I really hope he isn't Mr Irrelevant

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His combine performance is enough to really drop him off a lot of team's boards.

We like to think teams will draft him regardless of his sexuality, but with the media frenzy around him and his poor combine performance I can see him going undrafted. Sam is considered undersized to play DE in the NFL, typically guys who are undersized have to make up for it with athleticism, which it would appear Michael Sam does not possess.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 pages and not a single comment about the youtube boner vid? Wow, this board is getting soft. And I've only been here for like a month.