• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs?

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars don't win without playing within a team concept. Stars don't win SQUAT on their own.

Jordan won 6 titles within a TEAM concept. Bill Russel won 11, playing TEAM ball.

Jordan won 6 titles AFTER he got another top 50 all time player. Russell won 11 titles playing with 4 other Hall of Famers. Neither of them would have won shit if they didnt have other great players with them. See Ewing, Barkley, Wilkins. Hell the 2 of the 3 greatest assist leaders of all time ( the very definiton of team ball) have 0 titles between them ( Mark Jackson and John Stockton) and the other top 3 guy ( Jason Kidd) won his one title AFTER he joined Dirk in Dallas.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan won 6 titles AFTER he got another top 50 all time player. Russell won 11 titles playing with 4 other Hall of Famers. Neither of them would have won shit if they didnt have other great players with them. See Ewing, Barkley, Wilkins. Hell the 2 of the 3 greatest assist leaders of all time ( the very definiton of team ball) have 0 titles between them ( Mark Jackson and John Stockton) and the other top 3 guy ( Jason Kidd) won his one title AFTER he joined Dirk in Dallas.

LOL.

You just proved my point. Tell us, would ANYBODY know who Steve Kerr and Jon Paxson were if Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman didn't play with a TEAM CONCEPT and pass them the ball at critical moments in games??? Jordan won AFTER he bought into the TEAM concept and started passing the ball.

Russell played with good teammates, but virtually none of those guys should be in the hall.

Being a pass first PG doesn't disprove my point because they didn't win. Jackson played for a Pacers team that couldn't beat Jordan's Bulls or Ewing's Knicks because they were BETTER TEAMS.

A Laker's team comprised of Malone, Harper, SHaq, Kobe, and Payton lost to a better TEAM with zero HOFers. Why? Because a TEAM WILL ALWAYS BEAT A COLLECTION OF TALENT.

Talent has to buy into the team concept. If not, they'll fail every single time. You have yet to provide an example that disproves this very simple concept.

If all it took was superior talent, why didn't the Lakers win in 04? WHY are they below .500 right now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You just proved my point. Tell us, would ANYBODY know who Steve Kerr and Jon Paxson were if Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman didn't play with a TEAM CONCEPT and pass them the ball at critical moments in games??? Jordan won AFTER he bought into the TEAM concept and started passing the ball.

Russell played with good teammates, but virtually none of those guys should be in the hall.

Being a pass first PG doesn't disprove my point because they didn't win. Jackson played for a Pacers team that couldn't beat Jordan's Bulls or Ewing's Knicks because they were BETTER TEAMS.

A Laker's team comprised of Malone, Harper, SHaq, Kobe, and Payton lost to a better TEAM with zero HOFers. Why? Because a TEAM WILL ALWAYS BEAT A COLLECTION OF TALENT.

Talent has to buy into the team concept. If not, they'll fail every single time. You have yet to provide an example that disproves this very simple concept.

If all it took was superior talent, why didn't the Lakers win in 04? WHY are they below .500 right now?

The 04 Lakers made the Finals and the series could have been a lot different had Malone not injured his knee in the WCF. He basically played the Finals on one leg. So you're stretching it with the collection of talent theory there. It's also a pretty weak statement to say that a team who won a series (Jordan's Bulls over Ewing's Knicks) won because they were they better "TEAM". You basically can't disprove it since the Bulls won the series. I guess Ewing and Starks didn't share enough to beat MJ.

All you're really doing is bending facts to suit your argument which seems to be ignoring the time proven NBA factoid that superior superstar talent is the major factor to winning championships (which is why rmilia said he doesn't fear Utah's mighty Milsaps). Of course "TEAM" ball wins a title. That's about as obvious as saying apples are fruits. But you're making a mountain out of molehill. You're essentially saying these guys don't hate each other so they pass the ball sometimes and won therefore I'm 100% right that teams that pass win games over those who don't. Congrats.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 04 Lakers made the Finals and the series could have been a lot different had Malone not injured his knee in the WCF. He basically played the Finals on one leg. So you're stretching it with the collection of talent theory there. It's also a pretty weak statement to say that a team who won a series (Jordan's Bulls over Ewing's Knicks) won because they were they better "TEAM". You basically can't disprove it since the Bulls won the series. I guess Ewing and Starks didn't share enough to beat MJ.

All you're really doing is bending facts to suit your argument which seems to be ignoring the time proven NBA factoid that superior superstar talent is the major factor to winning championships (which is why rmilia said he doesn't fear Utah's mighty Milsaps). Of course "TEAM" ball wins a title. That's about as obvious as saying apples are fruits. But you're making a mountain out of molehill. You're essentially saying these guys don't hate each other so they pass the ball sometimes and won therefore I'm 100% right that teams that pass win games over those who don't. Congrats.

I'm saying that just because a team has a superstar or two means nothing if they don't know how to play as a team.

That's the entire point. Collections of talent don't play together, and thus, lose.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a joke. And what does that supposed to mean anyway? The big baby needs to shut up and play. What does he think it's HIS team? :bullshit:

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a joke. And what does that supposed to mean anyway? The big baby needs to shut up and play. What does he think it's HIS team? :bullshit:

THIS statement is exactly why I don't get why Lakers fans want to resign him. You guys don't like him, and blame him for every loss as it is........WHY would he come back to that crap?

That loss last night is also part of another point.......NOBODY fears the Lakers. They would take 4 losses just like they did last night against ANY of the top 4 seeds. They simply can't keep guards out of the lane........which opens up all the shooters and allows any opposing team to run whatever offense they want. The Lakers are only a threat to a team with no self confidence or is weak mentally.......because on the court, they offer very little resistance to quality teams.

D_bucsko111

D_bucsko111
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only teams that fear the Lakers would be the Clippers and GS. The Spurs and Thunder already have the Lakers number, have beaten them in the playoffs before, and are playing at a championship level. They aren't going to be fazed by the Lakers.

Newbs like the Warriors, Clippers, Portland.....those young teams that don't KNOW they can be great may not want to play them. They haven't established themselves yet.

Can't agree with you more, Starbigd!

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big game on tuesday.......LETS GO MAVERICKS

was mentioning this today but i have been watching the mavs and lakers standings

and hell utah might sneak in......i personally feel whoever wins on tuesday between mavs/lakers rides out the momentum for the 8th seed

mavs have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have no where to go but DOWN.

They're old, slow, play no defense, and have no pieces worth keeping for the future. There's really no point to them making the playoffs. At least Utah and Dallas have young talent that could use the experience

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard Stern is Vince McMahon, if he wants Lakers in they will get in. He is just making it interesting keeping the race close with the Jazz in order to boost interest in the NBA.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need to miss the playoffs. Kobe needs to go home and lay on the beach, the front office needs to think all summer, get a solid help-now draft pick and come back next year ready to play from tipoff. They can't beat OKC so why are they struggling?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i am a optimist .....but the lakers still have to play-spurs,rockets,golden state,portland....i'll give them the win against hornets :D

jazz--have 2 games against minn.... then okc,memphis

dallas needs to win the last 5 games and get lucky with the jazz losing 1 to minny and losing to okc,memphis

dallas-suns,denver,hornets(2 games) and memphis....only road game is at hornets

GO MAVS!!!!.....dont care if we lose just want them to make play-offs

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would look like this......

jazz 42-40

lakers 41-41 (losing to the four listed earlier)

mavs 43-39..........make it happen god/karma