• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs?

Will the Lakers miss the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they know the Lakers are never allowed to rebuild, even if it's for half a season. Magic is delusional too.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: Went to a Bucks @ Lakers game and watched the D-League game beforehand. Look up in the stands and A.C. Green is sitting alone about 5 rows up. Got his pic with my son. Then we go back to our seats on the front row (there weren't 100 people in attendance) and about halfway thru the 4th quarter some kid comes and sits about 3 seats down from us. Look at him a little closer and it's Steve Blake. LOL Looked like a ballboy.

Attachments

• acgreen.jpg
    acgreen.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 52

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if they make the playoffs or not but I can promise you that if they do no one is going to want to play them. Once a team like that with that kind of talent makes the playoffs its like a new lease on life ( see Boston last year) ESPECIALLY a team that has had its own recent playoff collapses ( ie the Spurs)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if they make the playoffs or not but I can promise you that if they do no one is going to want to play them. Once a team like that with that kind of talent makes the playoffs its like a new lease on life ( see Boston last year) ESPECIALLY a team that has had its own recent playoff collapses ( ie the Spurs)

LOL

I think you're VERY wrong on that one. NOBODY fears the Lakers, ESPECIALLY the Spurs. TEAMS win playoff series, not collections of talent. The Lakers have very glaring, and obvious holes.......the largest one is they don't play defense, especially on teams with good guard play and shooters - which just about every team in the Western Conference HAS.

ONLY Laker fans think there's some mystique about a team under .500 that has everyone shaking in their Nikes, LOL

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most playoffs teams would prefer not to play the Lakers for fear of them accidentally getting hot and putting a run together despite themselves. I do think the Spurs would sweep them though. Fire Kupchak and put me in as GM and Kobe will win the scoring title and we'll have a lottery pick in the draft and save massive $$$ in luxury tax. A year and a half of paying the piper to be right back in the hunt before Kobe retires.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most playoffs teams would prefer not to play the Lakers for fear of them accidentally getting hot and putting a run together despite themselves. I do think the Spurs would sweep them though. Fire Kupchak and put me in as GM and Kobe will win the scoring title and we'll have a lottery pick in the draft and save massive $$$ in luxury tax. A year and a half of paying the piper to be right back in the hunt before Kobe retires.

I think the only teams that fear the Lakers would be the Clippers and GS. The Spurs and Thunder already have the Lakers number, have beaten them in the playoffs before, and are playing at a championship level. They aren't going to be fazed by the Lakers.

Newbs like the Warriors, Clippers, Portland.....those young teams that don't KNOW they can be great may not want to play them. They haven't established themselves yet.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about this.......Kobe had a better record with the SMUSH PARKER team than one with another HOFer on it. Why? Because team ball will always trump a collection of talent.

With that Smush Parker roster, everyone knew their role. They may not have been very good at it, but they knew what they were supposed to do. THIS current team, everyone wants to be the man. Each "star" player is a ball dominator. It just doesn't work, and never will. You need complimentary players.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I think you're VERY wrong on that one. NOBODY fears the Lakers, ESPECIALLY the Spurs. TEAMS win playoff series, not collections of talent. The Lakers have very glaring, and obvious holes.......the largest one is they don't play defense, especially on teams with good guard play and shooters - which just about every team in the Western Conference HAS.

ONLY Laker fans think there's some mystique about a team under .500 that has everyone shaking in their Nikes, LOL

Didnt say anyone would FEAR the Lakers but if you think the Spurs would rather play the Lakers than the Jazz, Rockets, Blazers etc then you are fucking out of your mind. No one should fear anyone in the playoffs but the reality is that Lakers have more talent than most teams, now they have sucked for most of the year but a playoff berth makes the regular season meaningless and COULD lead to a different circumstance.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt say anyone would FEAR the Lakers but if you think the Spurs would rather play the Lakers than the Jazz, Rockets, Blazers etc then you are fucking out of your mind. No one should fear anyone in the playoffs but the reality is that Lakers have more talent than most teams, now they have sucked for most of the year but a playoff berth makes the regular season meaningless and COULD lead to a different circumstance.

I doubt the Spurs care WHO they play in the first round. Once again, a collection of talent means NOTHING if you can't play as a team. Utah plays better team ball.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Spurs care WHO they play in the first round. Once again, a collection of talent means NOTHING if you can't play as a team. Utah plays better team ball.

As long as it not Memphis :) LOL

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, now the Lakers aren't that bad. :lol: A collection of talent isn't always going to lose to a better team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly rather play a team in a 7 game series where my biggest concern is Paul Millsap instead of one that has Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. I dont give a shit if you think Utah plays better "team ball". Team ball doesnt win in the playoffs. Playmakers win in the playoffs. Thats the reason the Spurs havent won a title since Timmy started falling off. Lebron/Wade wins titles, Garnett/Pierce/Rondo/Allen wins titles, Bryant/Gasol or Bryant/Oneal wins titles, Dirk/Kidd wins titles. Millsap doesnt win titles. LOL. The only team in the last 20 years that won a title without a true STAR was Detroit in 04 and even that team had a bunch of really good guys. When the playoffs roll around the rotations shorten, the play gets more physical and BIG TIME guys are needed. The Lakers are not that great right now but theya re 11-5 in their last 16 and getting better. IF ( big if) they sneak in as an 8 seed it will be the scariest 8 seed in NBA history. Doesnt mean they would win a series but they would certainly have a better shot than any of the other scrubs fighting for the last spot.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now the Lakers aren't that bad. :lol: A collection of talent isn't always going to lose to a better team.

The lakers don't play as a team......you see hints of it on offense......but on defense its just a group of guys on the floor. This is where they lose games. They haven't been able to slow down opposing PGs and SGs for several years now. But having two of the worst perimeter defenders along with an aging team that can't keep up in the transition game is just too much. Opposing PGs are licking their chops knowing Nash and Blake have NO chance to stop them from doing anything they want to.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly rather play a team in a 7 game series where my biggest concern is Paul Millsap instead of one that has Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. I dont give a shit if you think Utah plays better "team ball". Team ball doesnt win in the playoffs. Playmakers win in the playoffs. Thats the reason the Spurs havent won a title since Timmy started falling off. Lebron/Wade wins titles, Garnett/Pierce/Rondo/Allen wins titles, Bryant/Gasol or Bryant/Oneal wins titles, Dirk/Kidd wins titles. Millsap doesnt win titles. LOL. The only team in the last 20 years that won a title without a true STAR was Detroit in 04 and even that team had a bunch of really good guys. When the playoffs roll around the rotations shorten, the play gets more physical and BIG TIME guys are needed. The Lakers are not that great right now but theya re 11-5 in their last 16 and getting better. IF ( big if) they sneak in as an 8 seed it will be the scariest 8 seed in NBA history. Doesnt mean they would win a series but they would certainly have a better shot than any of the other scrubs fighting for the last spot.

LOL, TOTAL BS

Tell me, what's their record against the top 4 seeds this season? 1-11. NO they aren't a scary 8 seed, not even VAGUELY.

All those teams you mentioned played TEAM BALL. This Lakers team does not. Once again.......when Kobe was playing with SMUSH FREAKING PARKER they had more wins......because everybody knew their jobs!

Team ball ALWAYS wins. Collections of talent do not. This is why you never see the "dream teams" on paper win in any sport - this Lakers team, the 04 Lakers team, the Philly Eagles, etc etc........if you don't know how to play together you'll never win, talent or not.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not willing to go that far. But the 5-8 spots are all close and anything could happen. Like I said, I'm not sure I feel right pulling for a team playing like the Lakers. I think it's disgusting and as a fan of team basketball I don't want to see them be rewarded for playing like a bunch of scrubs all season. I truly feel like the Spurs would view them as a good first-round warmup (even though they'd heap praised on them and call them "dangerous" in interviews) and OKC and the Clippers would beat them in 5-6. It's too bad for the Lakers that the only teams they have a chance of beating in a series are in the 4-8 spots. Against the Clippers, I'm going to have to root against the beloved purple 'n gold.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, TOTAL BS

Tell me, what's their record against the top 4 seeds this season? 1-11. NO they aren't a scary 8 seed, not even VAGUELY.

All those teams you mentioned played TEAM BALL. This Lakers team does not. Once again.......when Kobe was playing with SMUSH FREAKING PARKER they had more wins......because everybody knew their jobs!

Team ball ALWAYS wins. Collections of talent do not. This is why you never see the "dream teams" on paper win in any sport - this Lakers team, the 04 Lakers team, the Philly Eagles, etc etc........if you don't know how to play together you'll never win, talent or not.

TEAM BALL??? LOL. Sure man. Whatever you need to tell yourself. Stars win in the NBA. Period. Wont be any different this year when we get to watch the Heat-Thunder play for the title again. Team ball wins in the regular season. Stars win in the playoffs. If team ball won titles then the Spurs would be 12 time defending champs and the Pacers would be the favorites in the East

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEAM BALL??? LOL. Sure man. Whatever you need to tell yourself. Stars win in the NBA. Period. Wont be any different this year when we get to watch the Heat-Thunder play for the title again. Team ball wins in the regular season. Stars win in the playoffs. If team ball won titles then the Spurs would be 12 time defending champs and the Pacers would be the favorites in the East

Stars don't win without playing within a team concept. Stars don't win SQUAT on their own.

Jordan won 6 titles within a TEAM concept. Bill Russel won 11, playing TEAM ball.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars don't win without playing within a team concept. Stars don't win SQUAT on their own.

Jordan won 6 titles within a TEAM concept. Bill Russel won 11, playing TEAM ball.

I would dare say that Jordan was not the definition of a team player.