• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Cornhuskers Make a Bowl in 2020?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obsessed with Nebraska football. And you think Don James was a better coach than Osborne. You should just stick to over pimping up your team.

Well he is correct about Osborne, James is not even in his area code, Good coach, minimal results

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is correct about Osborne, James is not even in his area code, Good coach, minimal results
Don James was 2 - 0 vs Tom Osborne and 1 - 0 vs Barry Switzer (Orange Bowl).

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James was 2 - 0 vs Tom Osborne and 1 - 0 vs Barry Switzer (Orange Bowl)./QUOTE)

Wasn't those two victories 91 & 92 right before they got caught cheating and then put on probation for two years. James resigns in shame and was quite a black eye?? I think so, but I'm really not concerned about two regular season games, I'm talking about rings!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Huskies QB (Billy Joe Hobart) took a loan from a UW booster and never told anyone about it seeing he knew it was wrong. Not sure how Don James was responsible for that. Don James retired due to the fact the PAC-10 fvcked him right up the ass after the PAC told the NCAA they'd handle it. Even the NCAA thought the PAC's punishment was draconian. And btw both Oregon schools along with Washington St. voted against punishing Washington while one Arizona school abstained. The Cal - 4 schools led by that pos Bill Walsh pulled that shit on purpose. Washington was beating the dog fvck out of the Cal - 4 schools year in and year out.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Huskies QB (Billy Joe Hobart) took a loan from a UW booster and never told anyone about it seeing he knew it was wrong. Not sure how Don James was responsible for that. Don James retired due to the fact the PAC-10 fvcked him right up the ass after the PAC told the NCAA they'd handle it. Even the NCAA thought the PAC's punishment was draconian. And btw both Oregon schools along with Washington St. voted against punishing Washington while one Arizona school abstained. The Cal - 4 schools led by that pos Bill Walsh pulled that shit on purpose. Washington was beating the dog fvck out of the Cal - 4 schools year in and year out.

The more I read I saw where the NCAA did reduce the penalties and it sounded as well that James and the University President at that time were not pals either. He was a very good coach, but not on the level as Dr. Tom, IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James was 2 - 0 vs Tom Osborne and 1 - 0 vs Barry Switzer (Orange Bowl).

That means nothing.

-Osborne has a .836 winning % & multiple national titles

-Switzer has an .837 winning % & multiple national titles

-James has a .687 winning % & a half of a title

In 2010 Gene Chizik was the coach at Auburn & beat Bama. So obviously Chizik > Saban right?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means nothing.

-Osborne has a .836 winning % & multiple national titles

-Switzer has an .837 winning % & multiple national titles

-James has a .687 winning % & a half of a title

In 2010 Gene Chizik was the coach at Auburn & beat Bama. So obviously Chizik > Saban right?
Nebraska played in the Big 8. Back in the day that was the ACC of conferences.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read I saw where the NCAA did reduce the penalties and it sounded as well that James and the University President at that time were not pals either. He was a very good coach, but not on the level as Dr. Tom, IMO.
The NCAA never penalized Washington, the conference did and it was a total sham. Washington wasn't allowed to call witnesses to testify. It was the PAC's version of the Trump impeachment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska played in the Big 8. Back in the day that was the ACC of conferences.

:pound:

Just stop with the overly homeristic & lame excuses. Nobody in their right mind would think James was a better coach than Osborne & Switzer. If James is better than both (which he isn't) then why does he only have a half of a national title?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Just stop with the overly homeristic & lame excuses. Nobody in their right mind would think James was a better coach than Osborne & Switzer. If James is better than both (which he isn't) then why does he only have a half of a national title?
I never said James was a better coach, I said James was 2 - 0 vs Osborne.