• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Bengals make the playoffs?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals need to be rooting hard for the Steelers and 49ers this weekend. If they both lose the Bengals are in no matter what happens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN...will they? I say no...I think they go 0-2 to close it out.

I don't see them getting enough heat on Manning to beat DEN...they're a better matchup vs PIT. That pick is somewhat wishful thinking and I expect the Steeler front 7 to play well and protect the back 4 a little bit.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cincy's making the playoffs, that Week 17 game between them and Pittsburgh could determine a lot as it relates to the playoffs and seeding.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pittsburgh wins this week, we're in the playoffs - period. Be it a WC or whatever, we're in.

If we win the next 2, we're division champs.

The Bengals have a tough road ahead - hosting Denver then on the road in Pittsburgh and remember, the Steelers already won the game in Cincy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance of Buffalo beating NE. Cincy can only lose 6 games if they lose out. Buffalo already has 6 losses. 1 more loss and they're done.

If the Bengals win against Denver and NE beats the Jets, the Patriots have locked up HFA before the buffalo game. Belichick will still play his starters but all game? Hopefully not. In that case, the Bills have a good chance.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals win against Denver and NE beats the Jets, the Patriots have locked up HFA before the buffalo game. Belichick will still play his starters but all game? Hopefully not. In that case, the Bills have a good chance.

I can't recall BB ever resting starting until the 4th quarter in blowouts. Maybe, I am wrong though.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-5 coming up, unless the bengals don't even make the playoffs nxt season. In the tough AFC north that's easily a possibility. The Ravens looking like the div alpha dog after their draft. Pitt will be in the mix , although I'm not sold on the current steelers HC to get the most out of his players. Cowher was a master of that. Then there's the Browns. They have beefed up their trenches, and the secondary, but the glaring QB question still looms. Best group of wr's in Cleve in years, but that's not saying much. As a team they'll be physical and scrappy. There could be a pair of 8-8 teams tied for last place in this division. Just my humble opinion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think they do as they end their season with Denver and Pittsburgh. I think they lose both games which put them at 9-6-1. Baltimore finishes the season with Houston & Cleveland while the Steelers got KC & Cincy at home

Tough to say right now, but looking at the schedule I would break it down as such:

DIV...3-3...I think everyone splits this yr if CLE finds a QB.

Non DIV Road...2-3...AZ, SF, DEN as the losses, but I would be leery of going into OAK and BUF right now.

Non DIV Home...4-1...SEA,

I'm going to say 9-7 and outside looking in right now, but I can see it moving to 10-6...as always, it really depends on Dalton's play...especially on the road.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-5 coming up, unless the bengals don't even make the playoffs nxt season. In the tough AFC north that's easily a possibility. The Ravens looking like the div alpha dog after their draft. Pitt will be in the mix , although I'm not sold on the current steelers HC to get the most out of his players. Cowher was a master of that. Then there's the Browns. They have beefed up their trenches, and the secondary, but the glaring QB question still looms. Best group of wr's in Cleve in years, but that's not saying much. As a team they'll be physical and scrappy. There could be a pair of 8-8 teams tied for last place in this division. Just my humble opinion.

I tend to agree with you on Tomlin, but for a different reason.

The issue is not getting the most out of his players. You see the Tomlin effect when they're backed up against the wall...The problem has been getting them fired up and ready to play the non playoff teams....every year they seem to lose one or two games that you would not expect them to lose.

With this schedule...I don't expect that to be a big problem this season.

One thing I would never do though is count on an incoming draft class being a difference maker...very few positions aside from maybe RB or WR actually make a big difference in the won loss record.