• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

will hamilton earn his contract.......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i cant verify this.....but i did tell my all friends/uncles that the rangers would have to give him 5 years/120 if they wanted him for the last year before he signed

but he was so awful last year after his mammoth couple of months i thought they could get him cheaper........

i think he will be a very avg. player....he will have his hot moments but i think
the slumps will be a little more

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wont but hes still gonna be very good for the first 2 years atleast

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i cant verify this.....but i did tell my all friends/uncles that the rangers would have to give him 5 years/120 if they wanted him for the last year before he signed

but he was so awful last year after his mammoth couple of months i thought they could get him cheaper........

i think he will be a very avg. player....he will have his hot moments but i think
the slumps will be a little more

Pretty much what I was thinking. He'll have his moments but not near enough to earn that damn much money.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wont but hes still gonna be very good for the first 2 years atleast

I don't think so at all. His facade of Jesus freak could come crumbling down any moment and he's going to be exposed as an immoral douchebag addict (what he is). He got on a tear or two last year but was barely above average for most of the time and is batting .050 so far this season. I am overjoyed that the Angels are foolish enough to pay him so much. They've bet their franchise on Pujols and Hamilton and it's going to backfire. I love it!

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so at all. His facade of Jesus freak could come crumbling down any moment and he's going to be exposed as an immoral douchebag addict (what he is). He got on a tear or two last year but was barely above average for most of the time and is batting .050 so far this season. I am overjoyed that the Angels are foolish enough to pay him so much. They've bet their franchise on Pujols and Hamilton and it's going to backfire. I love it!

Love this. He was a douche in the reds clubhouse and that's why they got rid of him. He was humble in the beginning, but the success went straight to his head

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance.

Big Joe

@BmoreSportsMOB
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever lived up to a contract that big?

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll still hit over 30 HRs and slug over .500 and have 100+ RBIs this year. The guy is just a natural talent. Last year was his peak year, so he probably wont put numbers like that up again because he's starting the downslide of his career (turns 32 in may).

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll still hit over 30 HRs and slug over .500 and have 100+ RBIs this year. The guy is just a natural talent. Last year was his peak year, so he probably wont put numbers like that up again because he's starting the downslide of his career (turns 32 in may).

If we know this, why didn't the Angels not know it? Or chose to ignore it?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, it is an odd numbered year so Hamilton is going to suck the big one. He does his best work in even numbered years.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we know this, why didn't the Angels not know it? Or chose to ignore it?

I dont know how much money is guaranteed, I know there's 1 million dollars worth of incentives per season. I know the contract is very back loaded too. The Angels aren't ignoring his age, they are trying to buy a title and live in the "now".

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is an odd numbered year so Hamilton is going to suck the big one. He does his best work in even numbered years.
If he stays healthy, he has a good chance of ending that trend

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy, he has a good chance of ending that trend

What are you basing this on? His sub .200 avg thus far this year or the fact he hits in a pitchers park now, that won't let the ball fly for about another month or two?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know hiw fucked he was and still is bc he was on Cleveland early in his career. This guy had a couple seasons that were ridiculous. But him changing teams is really going to effect him for some time. This won't be the JH we have seen at Texas and we will prob never see that guy ever again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know hiw fucked he was and still is bc he was on Cleveland early in his career. This guy had a couple seasons that were ridiculous. But him changing teams is really going to effect him for some time. This won't be the JH we have seen at Texas and we will prob never see that guy ever again.

The guy is a pea-brain, obviously, and now he is brought in on a massive contract. Dude is going to fall apart. In Texas he was brought in with almost no stress. We gave up one of our top pitching prospects, but really there were more question marks about him than answers. Now he is brought in and expected to hit the ground running. He can't handle stress. His brain simply can't handle it, probably how he ended up in trouble early on. He was looking for ways to cope with money/fame/stress.

It's a game and he has a family so I hope to hell he doesn't relapse and ruin his wife and kids life...but I'm ok with him being another Vernon Wells for LAA.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing this on? His sub .200 avg thus far this year or the fact he hits in a pitchers park now, that won't let the ball fly for about another month or two?

I base purely on his talent and experience and that 6 games or one month doesnt make a season. Personally, I wouldn't rank the Angels' park in the top ten for pitcher friendly

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I base purely on his talent and experience and that 6 games or one month doesnt make a season. Personally, I wouldn't rank the Angels' park in the top ten for pitcher friendly

and I base my purely on what I have seen the last few years and a look at his career stats. Angels may not have a top 10 pitchers park, but moving from one of the top 5 hitters parks to even something in the range of a "neutral" park can shave some power off your numbers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a pea-brain, obviously, and now he is brought in on a massive contract. Dude is going to fall apart. In Texas he was brought in with almost no stress. We gave up one of our top pitching prospects, but really there were more question marks about him than answers. Now he is brought in and expected to hit the ground running. He can't handle stress. His brain simply can't handle it, probably how he ended up in trouble early on. He was looking for ways to cope with money/fame/stress.

It's a game and he has a family so I hope to hell he doesn't relapse and ruin his wife and kids life...but I'm ok with him being another Vernon Wells for LAA.

If he were not married with children I'd wish him the worst. What's absolutely absurd is that this guy is being handed the world and we all know he's going to blow it because he's a self-absorbed piece of shit.