• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dak Throw His Last Pick For Dallas in 2024?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Dallas may be reaching the end of the road with Dak Prescott, as news emerges that the team is in no hurry to redo his deal as he enters a contract year.

Now, it's hard to read too much into this situation because Dallas does not appear to be in a hurry to sign anyone these days. Their free agency is about as one-way as California to Texas U-haul traffic.

But...it seems Jerry Jones and what passes for a brain trust in Big D has finally realized that, well, Dak ain't it. He's like Tony Romo, a guy who puts up some decent stats in the regular season, but just isn't built for real combat.

In general it seems Dallas has decided to treat the upcoming season like the start of a rebuilding campaign. Which...may be wise IMO. I hope Dak can throw us a few picks in his final season before signing with the Raiders or Panthers or whatever third-tier franchise he ends up with next, just for old times' sake!

3ecd968e7d9deda2730ab67e00075541.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it is interesting and revealing that they would rather take a $55 million cap hit this year, and essentially tank their season and free agency, because they want to just wipe the slate clean and not prolong Dak's contract. Jerry must have sobered up one morning and come to his senses.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything going on with the Eagles?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything going on with the Eagles?
Added the most naturally gifted runningback in the league.

Added a big athletic linebacker for the first time in two decades.

Pretty exciting stuff.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it is interesting and revealing that they would rather take a $55 million cap hit this year, and essentially tank their season and free agency, because they want to just wipe the slate clean and not prolong Dak's contract. Jerry must have sobered up one morning and come to his senses.
Dak's not good. Finally even the cowboys can see it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to seeing Dak in Giants blue next year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boys are so screwed. Jerry made it clear they were all in last year and will go as far as Dak takes them. After the season ended he made it clear how they felt. So they go one more year and then a complete rebuild because you can't win without a QB.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak isn’t the issue in Dallas, Jerry is. Dak is a pretty good QB, not elite but not bad, and the Cowboys struggles in the playoffs started long before Dak was their QB. As long as Jerry is overly involved with the roster and with the team as a whole, the Cowboys will not be winning a Super Bowl.

It’s amazing to me how some people are so quick to call QBs bad when they disappoint in the postseason or have a couple of off games. Look at the QB play of my Falcons last year if you want to see bad QB play.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak isn’t the issue in Dallas, Jerry is. Dak is a pretty good QB, not elite but not bad, and the Cowboys struggles in the playoffs started long before Dak was their QB. As long as Jerry is overly involved with the roster and with the team as a whole, the Cowboys will not be winning a Super Bowl.

It’s amazing to me how some people are so quick to call QBs bad when they disappoint in the postseason or have a couple of off games. Look at the QB play of my Falcons last year if you want to see bad QB play.
I just like to make fun of Dak to troll Cowboys fans. The reality is that he is a top 10 Qb and you are better off having a guy like that than not in the NFL. They're not easy to find.

Jerry is and has been the problem for three decades. The evidence could not be clearer.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a low priority for them right now because their focus is on negotiations with Micah and CeeDee and making sure they are locked up. I won't be surprised if there's something done after the season with Dak. They aren't moving on from him, in all likelihood unless they miraculously have another late rounder fall into their lap like they did when they drafted him. These outrageous QB pay scales are the real problem. It's gotten so out of hand and getting worse every year. When 30 mil per year has become a bargain, it's a problem.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Prescott to sign an extension with the Cowboys before Week 1 of the 2024 season. Maintaining the status quo is in both party's interests.

In other Eagles news the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl since the 90s, 10260+ days. I don't have an exact figure, because i'm not an Eagles fan.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from being given the highest contract in the league, there would be almost no incentive for Dak to sign a deal. He's taking home a big chunk of change for this year and he will receive a huge deal with a new team next year. What about injury? Well, the Falcons just gave a mid-30s Cousins a huge bag for all of his mediocracy and a repaired achilles. Dak is going to get paid next year.... And if the Cowboys don't think he's the guy to win a championship, they should walk away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but would you pay top of the market to keep Dak? $60M+ per?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but would you pay top of the market to keep Dak? $60M+ per?
Do they need to? Maybe he's worth $60M in March 2025 if he's healthy, he's had a good 2024, and the cap goes up 10%+ again. He's worth more than Cousins so maybe he's worth $53M right now. Goff and Tagovailoa are also in contract years. Multiple agents and GMs will be figuring the market out in July. I think Prescott will get more per year than those other 2 QBs, but not a huge amount more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they need to? Maybe he's worth $60M in March 2025 if he's healthy, he's had a good 2024, and the cap goes up 10%+ again. He's worth more than Cousins so maybe he's worth $53M right now. Goff and Tagovailoa are also in contract years. Multiple agents and GMs will be figuring the market out in July. I think Prescott will get more per year than those other 2 QBs, but not a huge amount more.

I don't see any way he agrees to an extension now that isn't top of the position. Why should he?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Dak threads are there here?