• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will any of the 7th rounders make the team?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone think any of the 7th rounders have a shot at making the team?

The Niners kept 8 OL last year, so Bykowski has an outside chance of making the team as the jumbo TE guy in the Leonard Davis role.

Mr. Cooper is my favourite pick of the three of 'em.

I don't see how Daniels is gonna make the team.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think any of the 7th rounders have a shot at making the team?

The Niners kept 8 OL last year, so Bykowski has an outside chance of making the team as the jumbo TE guy in the Leonard Davis role.

Mr. Cooper is my favourite pick of the three of 'em.

I don't see how Daniels is gonna make the team.

Yea, Daniels was a bit of a head scratcher...maybe they see him having potential in another position, Bykowsi has a ton of groomed talent in front of him, and Mr. Cooper I believe stands to offer the 9ers the most value with his athleticism.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Daniels on the practice squad. He is a mini Kaepernick/Wilson type

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was assuming Daniels would try to make the team as a RB or WR. I don't see how he'd make it as a QB.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was assuming Daniels would try to make the team as a RB or WR. I don't see how he'd make it as a QB.

Maybe Harbaugh can work his mojo and turn him into Wilson. Remember he is the QB Guru

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that any of them make the team. I could see us keeping someone like Montana over Daniels on the practice squad as well.

Marquardt, Okoye and Morris will be fighting with these guys and I think they are more talented (physically) then the guys we took in the 7th.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know that any of them make the team. I could see us keeping someone like Montana over Daniels on the practice squad as well.

Marquardt, Okoye and Morris will be fighting with these guys and I think they are more talented (physically) then the guys we took in the 7th.

I don't know about Marquardt and Morris, but I don't see how Okoye is more talented than anyone we drafted. How many snaps, even practice snaps, has he taken? He's got PS written all over him.

I think Daniels has a shot at the 53 man simply because he seems to have been chosen with a very specific role in mind.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know about Marquardt and Morris, but I don't see how Okoye is more talented than anyone we drafted. How many snaps, even practice snaps, has he taken? He's got PS written all over him.

You're right that he has PS written all over him, but I think they mean pure athletic talent, not football talent.

Maybe it's just me, but as quick as the guy is and as loaded as the DL is, wouldn't he have an easier time trying to eventually crack the lineup as a TE than DL? With his wingspan & quickness, it seems like he'd have an easier time learning how to become a dominant blocker than a dominant pass-rusher or run-stopper.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible the 49ers only took BJ Daniels because the coach that came from USF probably has a good relationship with him? I would assume he likes his work ethic and athletic ability but i can't imagine them expecting him to make the team. He might become a special teamer or a scout team Russell Wilson, but with all the picks y'all have they might not really see it as a wasted pick if they think he was worth signing via free agency just because of sheer athleticism.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Daniels has a shot at the 53 man simply because he seems to have been chosen with a very specific role in mind.

I'm speaking purely on physical talent. Physically he is one of the more talented guys in the entire draft.

That being said, I definitely see him on the practice squad.

What role do you see Daniels in?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that he has PS written all over him, but I think they mean pure athletic talent, not football talent.

Maybe it's just me, but as quick as the guy is and as loaded as the DL is, wouldn't he have an easier time trying to eventually crack the lineup as a TE than DL? With his wingspan & quickness, it seems like he'd have an easier time learning how to become a dominant blocker than a dominant pass-rusher or run-stopper.

To answer it simply, no he wouldn't have an easier time learning the TE position then DL. Alot of offensive have TONS of skills and techniques that go into them, especially TE who have to basically learn the jobs of the WR and OL. One could use physical abilities to block, but there are proper techniques that you should use when blocking; route running and catching is infinitely harder to learn however. There are guys who have played WR for their entire careers and still aren't polished route runners when they reach the NFL. DL does have techniques as well, but one can get by on pure ability more often on the DL then on offense.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I'm still rooting for Montana to make the PS over any other QB. Mostly because of his name.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm speaking purely on physical talent. Physically he is one of the more talented guys in the entire draft.

That being said, I definitely see him on the practice squad.

What role do you see Daniels in?

I don't know the role he'll play, but I am certain that the FO had a specific role in mind for him when he was drafted. Given how multiple and diverse our offense is with scheme etc I could see Harbaugh/Roman having a very specific role in mind for him.

I mentioned yesterday that I could see Daniels and Gray competing for the same spot.

I guess it comes down to who is more useful as a #3 QB? Is it Tolzien/McCoy (whoever isn't the #2) or is it Daniels/Gray (whoever wins that battle)?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah but if Okoye plays in pre-season games in the 3rd and 4th quarter and let's say he get a bunch of sacks or pressures, some team would nab him off our practice squad. So I think if Okoye shows something in the preseason games you have to put him on the 53. If he shows something in the preseason I have no problem replacing a Dobbs or Tukuafu with him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah but if Okoye plays in pre-season games in the 3rd and 4th quarter and let's say he get a bunch of sacks or pressures, some team would nab him off our practice squad.

Players on the practice squad can't play in the preseason.

Plus teams are allowed more than 53 players on the roster in the preseason.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the role he'll play, but I am certain that the FO had a specific role in mind for him when he was drafted. Given how multiple and diverse our offense is with scheme etc I could see Harbaugh/Roman having a very specific role in mind for him.

I mentioned yesterday that I could see Daniels and Gray competing for the same spot.

I guess it comes down to who is more useful as a #3 QB? Is it Tolzien/McCoy (whoever isn't the #2) or is it Daniels/Gray (whoever wins that battle)?

I got the impression that we were going to see if Gray was our next Walker who was basically a jack of all trades.

I don't know much about Daniels though

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the video of Okoye, I would believe that the Niners got him signed because of a promise to develop him and give him a fair shot. With that said, Okoye would have say as to which teams he would go to and I have to believe that he wouldn't jump ship based on loyalty to the team that taught him.

A guy can dream, can't he?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers are London's favorite team, remember? :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Players on the practice squad can't play in the preseason.
Plus teams are allowed more than 53 players on the roster in the preseason.

did you mean 'season'?

the practice squad is established right after the 53 man roster. so both after pre-season games, just prior to the regular season.