• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard weekend

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bengals OL is back to what it was last season. But a little good fortune and off to Buffalo. Watching the Bengals and Bills at the moment, I'm not sure either one can beat the Chiefs again. Jags at Chiefs is gonna be a fun game, I think. And like these games, closer than anticipated.
It'll be a long time before anyone counts Trevor Lawrence out of a game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is up with the Bills and Bengals struggling against backup QBs. This should be a blowout.
Division games. You know, like the game you had against Denver at the end of the year. Playing a division opponent sucks, because records and personnel be damned.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So the Bengals OL is back to what it was last season. But a little good fortune and off to Buffalo. Watching the Bengals and Bills at the moment, I'm not sure either one can beat the Chiefs again. Jags at Chiefs is gonna be a fun game, I think. And like these games, closer than anticipated.

I think people are overreacting a bit to the Bengals and Bills games. They were both playing divisional opponents who already beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins forced Allen in to mistakes by sending an all out blitz half the time and the Ravens shortened the game vs the Bengals by controlling the clock. The Chiefs are probably a favorite vs either team (especially at home) but both teams beat them in the regular season.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s just me but shouldn’t the first sentence in that last paragraph be getting a little more notice than it is?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are overreacting a bit to the Bengals and Bills games. They were both playing divisional opponents who already beat them in the regular season. The Dolphins forced Allen in to mistakes by sending an all out blitz half the time and the Ravens shortened the game vs the Bengals by controlling the clock. The Chiefs are probably a favorite vs either team (especially at home) but both teams beat them in the regular season.
In terms of the Bengals game, I know DVOA advanced stats had the Ravens as one of the 7 Super Bowl contenders. They were a really good football team that blew games late pretty regularly. If they had Lamar Jackson they would have probably won and might have traveled to KC and maybe looked like the better team there, too. But Bengals get key turnovers and Ravens don't close games. That's a pattern at this point.

Bills turn the ball over a lot. Either they'll stop doing it and win a Superbowl or they'll continue to do it and go home shortly

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the Bengals game, I know DVOA advanced stats had the Ravens as one of the 7 Super Bowl contenders. They were a really good football team that blew games late pretty regularly. If they had Lamar Jackson they would have probably won and might have traveled to KC and maybe looked like the better team there, too. But Bengals get key turnovers and Ravens don't close games. That's a pattern at this point.

Bills turn the ball over a lot. Either they'll stop doing it and win a Superbowl or they'll continue to do it and go home shortly
Bengals were going to limit big plays and make the Ravens drive long drives to score points. Kudos to them for being able to do that - but the Bengals were betting on turnovers/mistakes being the difference - and it was. I wish the Bengals had come out more aggressively, and I think if Jackson plays - the game plan is altered dramatically on both sides of the ball - as it was, playing a team, in division no less, a 3rd time is really freakin' hard, and I think the Bengals figured they were, in the end, good enough to sit back, take what the Ravens were going to do - and wait for the mistake(s) and pounce - in the end, those mistakes are what did the Ravens in. Both turnovers led to TD's - and there's the game.

It wasn't pretty, I didn't like the approach, but survive and advance is all that matters at this point in the season.

Bengals/Bills - will be interesting. Not just because of the MNF, but because I think these teams match up very, very well with one another. Should be a fun one to watch!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They also lead the NFL in 3rd down conversion rate. I wish I could find the exact stat but I read something along the lines that on 3rd and 10+ they're converting 40 percent of the time this season. They hit 50 yd TDs on 3rd and 10+ back to back weeks.You can't do what they do on offense and eliminate the turnover risk. Allen and Dorsey both should have toned it down a notch when they got up 17 on a rookie QB but on balance if they want to hit big plays they have to risk TOs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I need to fly out of town on business tonight and may miss most of the Cowboys-Bucs game. I was looking forward to watching Dallas go one and done again too. Sad!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Chiefs play either the bills or the Bengals it's going to be in Atlanta? Or just if they play the bills?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Chiefs play either the bills or the Bengals it's going to be in Atlanta? Or just if they play the bills?
Only the Bills.

Bengals would go to Arrowhead since they would not have been able to catch KC

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens would be a fool to get rid of Harbaugh

It wouldn't be the Ravens getting rid of him. It would be him choosing to take a break. He's been there a long time, might be burnt out. He looked nothing but agitated throughout that game and the lead up to the game dealing with the Lamar questions.