• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Wildcard round

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of something so outrageous in all my baseball watching years. EVERY playoff series ever played has games played in both cities. Why fuck the Padres fans out of seeing their team.

Because the mets had a better record through 162 games? Duh

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a slap in the face to the fans of the Padres. Baseball has been around for over a hundred years and nothing like this has ever happened before. Its outrageous
You act like only the Padres had to deal with this.

My team didn't get any home games either. They blew their chances with poor play in the closing two weeks.

Despite that, they won the series anyway.

Again, this is way better than a one game play in that also left a team out of having any home games.

I'm totally fine with it.

Want home games in your first playoff round? Go win your division. All division winners get home games.

Seems dumb to whine over the 5th and 6th best teams in each league having to go in the road to play given they probably barely deserve to play at all anyway.

I'd be fine with going back to just one WC in each league, but this is better than what we had in recent years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a slap in the face to the fans of the Padres. Baseball has been around for over a hundred years and nothing like this has ever happened before. Its outrageous
Well now players can't lay a pinky on QB's....things change but I actually love this change. Win more games if you want homefield advantage or skip the WC series altogether

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now players can't lay a pinky on QB's....things change but I actually love this change. Win more games if you want homefield advantage or skip the WC series altogether
I don't really have a problem with it. But they play different teams throughout the year. Mets didn't have to play the Dodgers 19 times like the Padres did - but then the Padres didn't have to play the Braves 19 times. However, the Padres did go 4-2 against the Mets (now 6-3). Schedules are changing next year so teams don't have as many division games.

Only one home team made it through, so I don't think it matters much. Keep it as is. It's a good setup and gets more teams in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see if the layoff affects the top seeds.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL
(1)HOU (106-56) v (5)SEA (90-72)
(2)NYY (99-63) v (3)CLE (92-70)

NL
(1)LAD (111-51) v (5)SD (89-73)
(2)ATL (101-61) v (6)PHI (87-75)

OUT:
NYM (101-61)
STL (93-69)
TOR (92-70)
TB (86-76)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the mets had a better record through 162 games? Duh
Its never happened before in the history of baseball. Why change it now? Why fuck over the Padres fans? They could have been shut out from watching their team in the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like only the Padres had to deal with this.

My team didn't get any home games either. They blew their chances with poor play in the closing two weeks.

Despite that, they won the series anyway.

Again, this is way better than a one game play in that also left a team out of having any home games.

I'm totally fine with it.

Want home games in your first playoff round? Go win your division. All division winners get home games.

Seems dumb to whine over the 5th and 6th best teams in each league having to go in the road to play given they probably barely deserve to play at all anyway.

I'd be fine with going back to just one WC in each league, but this is better than what we had in recent years.
No I don't act like that. I think its ridiculous period. The part I bolded above is an absolutely ridiculous statement on your part. The playoffs are about the fans and the fans have nothing to do with how many games their team wins. They supported their team all year and the league owes them at least a chance at a home game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The playoffs are about the fans and the fans have nothing to do with how many games their team wins. If their team makes the playoffs, they should at least have a chance for a home game in every round. This is an absurd, money grabbing change and it hurts the fans.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should call our congressmen!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't act like that. I think its ridiculous period. The part I bolded above is an absolutely ridiculous statement on your part. The playoffs are about the fans and the fans have nothing to do with how many games their team wins. They supported their team all year and the league owes them at least a chance at a home game.
So you'd rather go back to only having 4 from each league reaching the playoffs instead of the added ones?

Seems to me after adding those extra two, the one they added like 10/11 years ago or whatever, and the new one this year, they are adding a lot more for the fans, not less. Just a weird thing to get hung up on.

Last few years they had a stupid one game playoff between 4 and 5 seed. This seems better? No, if course not.

They added teams and added more games, but the outrage!

GTFO

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The playoffs are about the fans and the fans have nothing to do with how many games their team wins. If their team makes the playoffs, they should at least have a chance for a home game in every round. This is an absurd, money grabbing change and it hurts the fans.
99.9% of a team's fans don't go to the playoff games in person.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd rather go back to only having 4 from each league reaching the playoffs instead of the added ones?

Seems to me after adding those extra two, the one they added like 10/11 years ago or whatever, and the new one this year, they are adding a lot more for the fans, not less. Just a weird thing to get hung up on.

Last few years they had a stupid one game playoff between 4 and 5 seed. This seems better? No, if course not.

They added teams and added more games, but the outrage!

GTFO
Nope

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was on tv, Padre fans had to see it.......
Are you seriously trying to compare watching a baseball game on tv to being at the game? Seriously?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously trying to compare watching a baseball game on tv to being at the game? Seriously?

No, it was sarcasm......try winning more games next time in this format......89 wins doesn't cut it......

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was sarcasm......try winning more games next time in this format......89 wins doesn't cut it......
How are the fans responsible for the number of wins?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the fans responsible for the number of wins?

They aren’t, the team is, win more games AND you get to play at home in front of your fans……they aren’t going to play a 1-1-1 series…..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 100 years there were no playoffs at all. There weren't divisions. The 1 team with the best record in each league was given the pennant and the two went to the world series.

So stop this feigned outrage over some massive deviation from history.

We had one game playoffs until this year. Those did not have a road game for those fans.

The idea that this formula is the first to do that is entirely false.

They added games and teams. That's more for the fans, not less. More teams fans were engaged later than ever. The orioles had a chance until the last week. Those fans wouldn't have had anything last year nor any prior year in MLB history.

More fans are getting exciting baseball than ever before. That is a fact.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t, the team is, win more games AND you get to play at home in front of your fans……they aren’t going to play a 1-1-1 series…..
The players don't care about the fans but baseball and the owners sure should. I think they should play two at the team with the better record and if a third is necessary move to the lesser team's field. That way at least the fans have an opportunity as opposed to no opportunity

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 100 years there were no playoffs at all. There weren't divisions. The 1 team with the best record in each league was given the pennant and the two went to the world series.

So stop this feigned outrage over some massive deviation from history.

We had one game playoffs until this year. Those did not have a road game for those fans.

The idea that this formula is the first to do that is entirely false.

They added games and teams. That's more for the fans, not less. More teams fans were engaged later than ever. The orioles had a chance until the last week. Those fans wouldn't have had anything last year nor any prior year in MLB history.

More fans are getting exciting baseball than ever before. That is a fact.
Arguing with a fool is pointless. I surrender