• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why's everyone so down on Kaep?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like a lot of people don't think he's good based on a pre-season with no training camp. Does anybody else see how ridiculous that sounds?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on him... I was just never that high on him to begin with. I think hes a couple years away and still not sure how good he will ever be. Just my opinion though.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Usually the people I find that weren't sold on the pick, just didn't know of him that well. Personally, I know whenever somebody sees a QB with a lost of rushing stats, they think he can't pass the ball. That's the thing though, he can pass and pretty damn good too. He wasn't Peyton Manning with passing but with Harbaugh's touch, I think he can become a probowler. He doesn't have the limits like Alex has (not knocking Alex, love his play so far).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been down on him, but have always understood that he's a project QB, he just simply won't be ready overnight. Hopefully by next offseason he will be far enough along to earn the starting job over Alex Smith. With how much Harbaugh loves Alex, it hints that if/when Kaep earns the starting job it certainly won't be a fixed move. As in, they won't be pulling a Chargers move of forcing out Brees in order to install Rivers (their guy). Well, I hope that doesn't happen, because that ruined the working relationship of Shotty and A.J.(erk) Smith. I'd hate to see Harbaugh and Baalke feud over the QBs.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on Kaep. He looked good in his limited action in the blowout win vs. Tampa Bay. I fully expect that he'll be competing for the starting QB spot next season.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not down on Primus at all. This is the best thing for him.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would people be down on a guy who is 6'5", 4.5 40, rocket arm, and, by all accounts, a good guy and an incredibly hard worker?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not down on Kaep. He looked good in his limited action in the blowout win vs. Tampa Bay. I fully expect that he'll be competing for the starting QB spot next season.[/QUOTE]

Barring a trade for a top flight QB like Manning, if Smith continues to play the way he has, he'll have the starting job locked up next year.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if he doesn't earn the starting job next year, I'm not throwing the towel in on him for awhile. For me he's way more of an unknown than anything else and don't mind it staying that way as long as possible. If he eventually pops, great. If he can be a good back up for awhile, that's fine for a few years.

If he can earn the trust to be efficient at this level of game managing efficiency, then he's pushing the bar of our QB position. The more he's able to develop behind the scenes to push that bar, the harder it becomes to ignore him. But we don't need an immediate visual on him like we do with a player like say Kendall Hunter based on the nature of the position and how raw he was coming out.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not down on Kaep. He looked good in his limited action in the blowout win vs. Tampa Bay. I fully expect that he'll be competing for the starting QB spot next season.

With the year Alex is having, there isnt a chance in hell kaep makes a push for the starting position.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's ok if Kaep is on the bench for a while.

Rodgers was on the bench for 3 years in Green Bay behind a HOF QB and a good coaching staff, and look how that worked out for him.

And, Rodgers was more polished coming out of college than Kaep was.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not down on Kaep. He looked good in his limited action in the blowout win vs. Tampa Bay. I fully expect that he'll be competing for the starting QB spot next season.[/QUOTE]

Barring a trade for a top flight QB like Manning, if Smith continues to play the way he has, he'll have the starting job locked up next year.

I disagree. I love how Smith keeps playing the way he has, but other teams aren't exactly lying when they say Harbaugh is hiding him and limiting him.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree. I love how Smith keeps playing the way he has, but other teams aren't exactly lying when they say Harbaugh is hiding him and limiting him.

There is some limitation to Alex's game, but not much. He's doing everything: short passes, intermediate passes, back shoulder fades, roll outs, scrambling for yardage...

The only thing really missing is the deep over the top passes. That's fine, maybe he does not have the arm strength for that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're still gonna need another qb to groom, i surely hope the coaching staff isnt sold on kap as the future starter

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing really missing is the deep over the top passes. That's fine, maybe he does not have the arm strength for that.

On these throws, he has really had some accuracy issues; but like you and I think someone else noted, he had some nice throws last game. He had a couple intermediate routes that he put right on the money, with a little oomph to boot!

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we're still gonna need another qb to groom, i surely hope the coaching staff isnt sold on kap as the future starter

I agree with you as of right now. If Alex keeps it up and can win a playoff game or two, then I would change my mind. With that said, the niners need to address bigger issues IMO. Unless a top tier qb drops to us in the draft(Rodgers to GB, top ten pick dropping to the 20's) then we avoid drafting a qb.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The coaching staff was sold on Smith, that says a lot. If Harbaugh announced you as the future QB, I'd have no choice but to have faith in his call.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Kaep WILL be the starter next season. He'll be competing for the starting spot though. It will probably be a Smith vs. Kaep competition again if things keep going this way....