• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why is Ole Miss ranked above Arizona?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's resume:
5-0
shellacked a 1-5 Mountain West team
beat a 1-4 C-USA team
beat a 3-2 Mountain West team
beat a 4-1 Pac 12 team (current leader of Pac 12 North)
beat a 4-1 previously #2 in the nation Pac 12 team

Ole Miss
beat a 4-2 Mountain West team
beat a 1-5 SEC cellar dweller
beat a 2-3 Sun Belt team
beat a 3-2 AAC team
beat a 4-1 previously #3 in the nation SEC team

i would see no issue if Ole Miss was ranked like a spot or at most two spots above Arizona, but Ole Miss at 3, and Arizona at 10 (AP), or Ole Miss at 4 and Arizona at 13 (USA Today)? GTFO, there is nothing that Ole Miss has done that merits that large of a gap (other than having those 3 little letters on their jersey)

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think USC's loss to BC, Oregon struggling with Washington State plus Stanford dropping 2 games has hurt the overall perspective of the strength of the PAC.

Ole Miss and Arizona will both get plenty of chances to prove the worth of their rankings and all of this will fall into place before the playoff selections.

Just not worth the effort to drill down too much this early.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i know, i know. the bias is just too damned obvious these days.

even the refs were too transparent in the Bama vs Ole Miss game. The best players on the tide roster were wearing black and white, but even they couldnt pull it out :D

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know, i know. the bias is just too damned obvious these days.

even the refs were too transparent in the Bama vs Ole Miss game. The best players on the tide roster were wearing black and white, but even they couldnt pull it out :D

I liked the time Bama had to score three TDs on one possession before it counted. Had they not ended up getting in the third time my head would've exploded lol.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think USC's loss to BC, Oregon struggling with Washington State plus Stanford dropping 2 games has hurt the overall perspective of the strength of the PAC.

Ole Miss and Arizona will both get plenty of chances to prove the worth of their rankings and all of this will fall into place before the playoff selections.

But Bama struggled to beat WVU. Yet Ole mIss is getting props for upsetting Bama. Hell, TCU has the same resume as Ole Miss does: beat up on cupcakes in OOC, upsets top 5 team, but is barely top 10.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the time Bama had to score three TDs on one possession before it counted. Had they not ended up getting in the third time my head would've exploded lol.

i didnt see that one, was that before or after the face-mask fumble td...maybe they were trying to make them even out? I believe there was a Ole Miss TD and an Ole Miss INT(at the end) that they were hoping desperately that they'd be able to overturn:D

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt see that one, was that before or after the face-mask fumble td...maybe they were trying to make them even out? I believe there was a Ole Miss TD and an Ole Miss INT(at the end) that they were hoping desperately that they'd be able to overturn:D

Before. Coop caught a pass and got his toe down, Yeldon ran it up the middle and reached across and finally Sims ran it in for the obvious score. I could understand reviewing the INT in that situation but wasn't sure why they thought the TD wasn't clear enough.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lower ranked team upsets a higher ranked team in their conferance

In the SEC= lower ranked team must be better than people thought=Conference has strength
In the Pac- Higher ranked team wasn't as good as people thought= Conference is weaker as a whole

And the normal response from SEC. It's just a during the season poll things will work themselves out.
Reality is if similar teams are ranked one high and one low then the lower ranked team has a tougher road to be in the final four. Higher ranked team just has to win , lower ranked team has to win and hope others lose.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't last much longer.They still have to play A&M, Auburn, Akry, Miss State and LSU. They might win one of those...

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Bama struggled to beat WVU. Yet Ole mIss is getting props for upsetting Bama. Hell, TCU has the same resume as Ole Miss does: beat up on cupcakes in OOC, upsets top 5 team, but is barely top 10.

Alabama won by 10 has it gotten to the point where you have to demolish someone for it to be respectful? I mean you really want to say Alabama struggled with crappy Florida but at the end of the day they won by 21 and Florida is somehow 3-1 and looking to compete in the East.

It's a crazy year all this crap will work itself out.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't last much longer.They still have to play A&M, Auburn, Akry, Miss State and LSU. They might win one of those...

I think they beat A&M, Arky and LSU and their D will keep them in the game with awwbun and Miss St.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat a 4-1 Pac 12 team (current leader of Pac 12 North)

This team hasn't played anyone really worth noting. NW is their best win, which did gain some weight this weekend. Other than that they barely beat Washington State, and went into double over time with Colorado.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 2014 and people are still asking this?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And certainly not when others control your fate.

Others don't control shit just win and everything takes care of itself. Auburn was unranked last year and played for the national championship and came within 13 seconds of winning it.

Don't cry just win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doesn't matter at this point. We will see what team deserves to be where. Bama was #1 in one poll so that could have something to do with it and they beat Boise pretty easily. And they have one of the best defenses in the nation.

Zona had to get a hail mary vs Cal to stay undefeated early, also had close game against Nevada and San-Antonio-Texas.

Right now Ole Miss is the better team no doubt.