• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, 6.3apg to 5.6 TO's is not a good ratio.

I am here to help you.
What part of she's a rookie playing with a the new team, with limited practice time, and against a brutal starting schedule don't you understand?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll get the gold for sure with or without Clark...I still think they should have the biggest draw in US women's BB player on their team.
They should have put a couple rookies on the team. There's no reason a player like 42 year old Diana Taurasi needs to play in another olympics.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If women's BB is more popular overseas, then more than likely they already know about Clark. I think WNBA will miss out on cashing in with Clark popularity and creating tens of 1000s more fans world wide, endorsement and merchandising opportunities at this summer Olympic, the biggest event in Europe this year.

Perhaps the WNBA should make their financial decisions better than this. They've been struggling to make $$ for years.

The WNBA doesn't get to choose who plays on Team USA.

There's a selection committee that decides that. The WNBA's Chief of Basketball Operations is the only person on the committee that has any direct ties to the WNBA.

If the WNBA got to choose, I'm betting that Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese and maybe Cameron Brink would be on the team, because of the financial aspect.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you to find the post where I said she wasn't worthy of being on Team USA. You have 10 minutes.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I understand the importance of experience and fit. Especially in the international game which are the rules that the Olympics are played under. Based on what Team USA said they were looking for; I understand why they didn't pick her or any other rookie.

I don't think putting her on the team would cost Team USA a chance to win the gold medal, but it also wouldn't be why they won either. I'm not sure if there's ever been a rookie on either the Women's or Men's Olympic team. If there has been, I can't think of who it was.
You warned me about that post too.

Caitlin is either good enough to be on Team USA or she isn't, you can't have it both ways. Caitlin is not just any rookie.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @trojanfan12 its been over 12 minutes since your warning
Paul Mccartney The Beatles GIF - Paul Mccartney The Beatles A Hard Days Night GIFs

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WNBA doesn't get to choose who plays on Team USA.

There's a selection committee that decides that. The WNBA's Chief of Basketball Operations is the only person on the committee that has any direct ties to the WNBA.

If the WNBA got to choose, I'm betting that Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese and maybe Cameron Brink would be on the team, because of the financial aspect.
Reese and Clark on the same team? they'd kill each other before they get on the plane to Paris...lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have put a couple rookies on the team. There's no reason a player like 42 year old Diana Taurasi needs to play in another olympics.
Maybe they want to win?

The purpose of the Olympics, just a thought.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She really is.

Because, I keep pointing out her flaws and you keep saying, "SHE IS A ROOKIE!"

You're doubting the word of a "regionally ranked" tennis superstar?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old guard does NOT like her being bigger than the league in the public eye. So many people have gotten so ruffled by her getting attention.
A lot of it is coach related

The USA coach is the Lynx HC and she's been pretty vocal about the league " not publicizing the other teams and players enough'

Which of course is preposterous because no one gives a shit about the other players ( which is why no one watched )

But I'm guessing she didn't want Clark on the squad

Ultimately though it is a good thing for Caitlin personally. She will get to rest finally. Shes been playing pretty much non stop since October

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of it is coach related

The USA coach is the Lynx HC and she's been pretty vocal about the league " not publicizing the other teams and players enough'

Which of course is preposterous because no one gives a shit about the other players ( which is why no one watched )

But I'm guessing she didn't want Clark on the squad

Ultimately though it is a good thing for Caitlin personally. She will get to rest finally. Shes been playing pretty much non stop since October
I was thinking something similar.
Probably better for her. This being her 1st full season as a professional. Stay home. Rest, get in some quality time with her teammates & come out of the break stronger. Probably better for her & her team.