• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just quoted you the post that started the discussion about Caitlin's first 10 games. The answer to that post was LeBron James had a better start. Then all of a sudden certain posters started moving the goal post to his entire rookie season. Try around Post Number 270.

Nowhere in that post did I say she wasn't worthy of Team USA.

So, once again, quote the post where I said that she wasn't worthy,

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Desert rat, ooppppps sorry.....

@desert heat CC is averaging 6.3apg to 5.6 TO's.....is that a good ratio for a starting PG?
All Things Considered she's doing okay. She's on a terrible team and has had limited practice time, while playing against the best teams in the league. She's the fastest in history to 200 points and 50 assists.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just quoted you the post that started the discussion about Caitlin's first 10 games. The answer to that post was LeBron James had a better start. Then all of a sudden certain posters started moving the goal post to his entire rookie season. Try around Post Number 270.
My comment was implying every post you’ve ever made is made up, which sadly is not far off I’m guessing

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But there are no rookies on Team USA. Also, women's basketball is far more popular overseas than it is here, so they really don't need her even for publicity since many of the women on Team USA play overseas and are already known.
Yep, that is why WNBA players make more moolah overseas in the offseason.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere in that post did I say she wasn't worthy of Team USA.

So, once again, quote the post where I said that she wasn't worthy,
Okay so I guess you're punting and don't want to discuss that particular post that you warned me about.

So you think Caitlin should have been added to the Olympic roster is what you're saying now?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Things Considered she's doing okay. She's on a terrible team and has had limited practice time, while playing against the best teams in the league. She's the fastest in history to 200 points and 50 assists.
So you are all about scoring and not shooting percentages and passing efficiency.

Some would call her a chucker to get those points.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I guess you're punting and don't want to discuss that particular post that you warned me about.

So you think Caitlin should have been added to the Olympic roster is what you're saying now?
What guard are you taking off the team to put her on?

And remember, Griner is a C.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are all about scoring and not shooting percentages and passing efficiency.

Some would call her a chucker to get those points.
You can have a lower percentage if you're shooting three pointers. Those 50 assists would tell a reasonable person she's about team play.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What guard are you taking off the team to put her on?

And remember, Griner is a C.
No one said Griner was a guard. And I already gave two names. And I'm pretty sure I could find more.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have a lower percentage if you're shooting three pointers. Those 50 assists would tell a reasonable person she's about team play.
Again, 6.3apg to 5.6 TO's is not a good ratio.

I am here to help you.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Caitlin Clark also talks as much smack as any other player and bitches at the refs a lot.

Geno Auriemma nailed it when he said part of the problem is Caitlin Clark fans who disrespected the women's game and WNBA by thinking she was just going to dominate like she did in college and are learning that that's not how it works.

The Fever don't lose close games because of the refs...they lose close games because they are a bad team and Caitlin Clark isn't going to change that by herself...especially in her rookie season.

As for her not making the Olympic team, there are no rookies on the roster. Also, that has nothing to do with the WNBA anyway. Team USA determines the roster and they issued a statement that they were looking for players with international experience. Caitlin Clark doesn't have that.

Also, considering that the WNBA pauses it's season for the Olympics and how much basketball she has played, she could probably use the rest.
I think this is the post that is getting DH’s knickers in a bunch where tj said CC sucks. Sad thing is I already commented on this before

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get made fun of every time the Dubs are on in our house.

Was very vocal about how Steph was going to get manhandled in the league.

Lil lady does not let me forget my wrongness on that one.
Dude is Iucky he did not go to the Wolves. No way the staff they had at that time figures out his early leg issues are because he needed to strengthen his core muscles.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But there are no rookies on Team USA. Also, women's basketball is far more popular overseas than it is here, so they really don't need her even for publicity since many of the women on Team USA play overseas and are already known.
If women's BB is more popular overseas, then more than likely they already know about Clark. I think WNBA will miss out on cashing in with Clark popularity and creating tens of 1000s more fans world wide, endorsement and merchandising opportunities at this summer Olympic, the biggest event in Europe this year.

Perhaps the WNBA should make their financial decisions better than this. They've been struggling to make $$ for years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you to find the post where I said she wasn't worthy of being on Team USA. You have 10 minutes.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I understand the importance of experience and fit. Especially in the international game which are the rules that the Olympics are played under. Based on what Team USA said they were looking for; I understand why they didn't pick her or any other rookie.

I don't think putting her on the team would cost Team USA a chance to win the gold medal, but it also wouldn't be why they won either. I'm not sure if there's ever been a rookie on either the Women's or Men's Olympic team. If there has been, I can't think of who it was.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liking Cameron Brink so far.
Brink is smoking hot

AS_CAMERON-BRINK_COMP.jpg

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If women's BB is more popular overseas, then more than likely they already know about Clark. I think WNBA will miss out on cashing in with Clark popularity and creating tens of 1000s more fans world wide, endorsement and merchandising opportunities at this summer Olympic, the biggest event in Europe this year.

Perhaps the WNBA should make their financial decisions better than this. They've been struggling to make $$ for years.
I dont believe WNBA picks TEAM USA.
Also I dont think those picking Team USA pick the team for popularity. Think they are prioritizing the gold.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe WNBA picks TEAM USA.
Also I dont think those picking Team USA pick the team for popularity. Think they are prioritizing the gold.
they'll get the gold for sure with or without Clark...I still think they should have the biggest draw in US women's BB player on their team.