• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I'm rooting for Atlanta tommorow

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1. Seattle is simply a better team than the Falcons. Losing Chris Clemons hurt a lot, but they still have Irvin at RDE.

2. I want the Niners to get their turf fett under 'em. The Superbowl is in New Orleans. I know they have 2 weeks to prepare for the Superbowl, but I want them (Kaep especilally) to have a game on turf to get a feel for the timing in New Orleans (I hope against Baltimore).

That said, Seattle will win.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they'd move the SB. Last time we were on that turf we had two season ending injuries. I know it won't happen but the turf monster is a concern.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Seattle is simply a better team than the Falcons. Losing Chris Clemons hurt a lot, but they still have Irvin at RDE.

2. I want the Niners to get their turf fett under 'em. The Superbowl is in New Orleans. I know they have 2 weeks to prepare for the Superbowl, but I want them (Kaep especilally) to have a game on turf to get a feel for the timing in New Orleans (I hope against Baltimore).

You know Kap has already played on 2 turf fields?? NO and STL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You know Kap has already played on 2 turf fields?? NO and STL

Not against a team as good as Atlanta...

Tomik makes a good point though. I didn't even think of the injury factor.

Hmmm...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seahawks 4-5 on the road (3-5 in regular season) has always stuck out as the biggest thing to me. Certainly some of that happened earlier in the season when they weren't rolling quite as hard, but I don't think they're the team to avoid if they're travelling.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 4-5 on the road (3-5 in regular season) has always stuck out as the biggest thing to me. Certainly some of that happened earlier in the season when they weren't rolling quite as hard, but I don't think they're the team to avoid if they're travelling.

The cross country trips during these playoffs have to be taking a toll on Seattle. Flying out to Washington, back to Seattle, and now out to Atlanta.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure it out. Home should be better than away (especially for the fans that can go), so I want Seattle to win. I thought Matt Ryan was hyped a lot a few years ago, so I sort of want Atlanta to lose. I went to USC, so I sort of want Carroll to win one. I want to beat Seattle, so they have to defeat the Falcons...

But I want to beat the number one seed. I don't want any reason for people to however ignorantly say we were saved from playing Atlanta. I want to get a game on the road victory because the SB will be like that a bit. I want Seattle to lose because as much as I wanted Carroll to do ok, I want Seattle to lose because they're in our division. I kind of feel bad for Gonzalez like I did for Tateo Spikes, but still want to beat him after he gets one win.

So I decided rather than fixing the game, I'll just watch and see what happens. ;) By-the-way, you're welcome. I fixed our game with my lucky shirt, routine, etc. My satellite was a bit snowed, so that caused the pick-six, though. Sorry guys, I tried to make up for it after that.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL finally getting that playoff stigma and on their turf may be a more dangerous opponent than Seattle.

Of course everyone will look at that game in Seattle as to why the niners shouldn't play the Seahawks but the scenario is totally different if the championship is at the stick.

No (ok well far less) communication, clock management issues

Justin smith is back and the defense is playing closer to normal. They won't be on a short week and for the most part the defense should be relatively rested.

That Seattle team was going to lose to Washington before RG3 got hurt again and I think the niners are much better than the redskins.

I want the home game and the seachickens.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to play Seattle, I want revenge for that shit game a few weeks ago. We are at home and there is no question the players will want revenge and come out hitting hard. I would be more nervous against Atlanta in Atlanta in a dome. Kap isn't the greatest with the clock and noise so far

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure it out. Home should be better than away (especially for the fans that can go), so I want Seattle to win. I thought Matt Ryan was hyped a lot a few years ago, so I sort of want Atlanta to lose. I went to USC, so I sort of want Carroll to win one. I want to beat Seattle, so they have to defeat the Falcons...

But I want to beat the number one seed. I don't want any reason for people to however ignorantly say we were saved from playing Atlanta. I want to get a game on the road victory because the SB will be like that a bit. I want Seattle to lose because as much as I wanted Carroll to do ok, I want Seattle to lose because they're in our division. I kind of feel bad for Gonzalez like I did for Tateo Spikes, but still want to beat him after he gets one win.

So I decided rather than fixing the game, I'll just watch and see what happens. ;) By-the-way, you're welcome. I fixed our game with my lucky shirt, routine, etc. My satellite was a bit snowed, so that caused the pick-six, though. Sorry guys, I tried to make up for it after that.

No by me wearing my lucky jersey helped the #49ers win. That bolded part is just crazy talk. :suds:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic. I am torn who should win on one hand if Seattle wins we get a home game against an appoint that we have 2 played games of film to scheme and we get the extra day to prepare for them. But I think Seattle is a better overall team.

Atlanta would be a road game against a team that just got a huge monkey off their backs with a playoff win against a good Seattle team so they could be very loose come NFCC game. But they can't stop the run and Cam ran all over them in both games so I could only imagine what Kap would do. Also we would make Atlanta one dimensional and we just saw what happens when our defense does that too a passing team.

My biggest worry is WWL that is what is going to worry me no matter who the opponent is next Sunday :fear:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic. I am torn who should win on one hand if Seattle wins we get a home game against an appoint that we have 2 played games of film to scheme and we get the extra day to prepare for them. But I think Seattle is a better overall team.

Atlanta would be a road game against a team that just got a huge monkey off their backs with a playoff win against a good Seattle team so they could be very loose come NFCC game. But they can't stop the run and Cam ran all over them in both games so I could only imagine what Kap would do. Also we would make Atlanta one dimensional and we just saw what happens when our defense does that too a passing team.

My biggest worry is WWL that is what is going to worry me no matter who the opponent is next Sunday :fear:

its the playoffs, throw out the regular season

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this after the game last night. It's time for that trend to be broken.

Yea in normal life I am not superstitious but with football all bets are off. I will try my best to do everything the same as I did last week just in case.

its the playoffs, throw out the regular season

I want to do that but it's a trend till it stops. Hopefully the team will get it done Sunday but we got 7 days to find out

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea in normal life I am not superstitious but with football all bets are off. I will try my best to do everything the same as I did last week just in case.

I want to do that but it's a trend till it stops. Hopefully the team will get it done Sunday but we got 7 days to find out

Uh huh...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He already played a game in New Orleans and played fairly well. As much as I detest Seattle, I have to root for them so Niner fans can get to see their team at home one more time.