• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Goodell HAS NO CHOICE but to uphold Bradys 4 game suspension

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "prove to me you can read" comment was needlessly confrontational and explicitly suggesting that the article had validity.

I honestly don't are if Brady gets suspended a single game. Truth be told, his suspension hurts my Seahawks, albeit only a very little.

But this endless whining about how unfair the world is because of mean ol Goodell seems petty.
no, it suggests most people here are either illiterate or conveniently/selectively illiterate.

its my brain, i will let me know why i do things. youre unqualified.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "prove to me you can read" comment was needlessly confrontational and explicitly suggesting that the article had validity.

I honestly don't are if Brady gets suspended a single game. Truth be told, his suspension hurts my Seahawks, albeit only a very little.

But this endless whining about how unfair the world is because of mean ol Goodell seems petty.
hahahhahah

see?

he said he doesnt "are" if brady gets suspended. boy, i guess typos do cause problems. right @cdumler7 ?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats patently false.
So how is this stance working out so far? You are clearly not an idiot. Just befuddles me why you chose to represent yourself to the masses (your following of 8 excluded) in a way that puts you in the top 5 SportsHoopla posters most full of shit? You are sharper, I truly believe.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is this stance working out so far? You are clearly not an idiot. Just befuddles me why you chose to represent yourself to the masses (your following of 8 excluded) in a way that puts you in the top 5 SportsHoopla posters most full of shit? You are sharper, I truly believe.
if you only knew me...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it suggests most people here are either illiterate or conveniently/selectively illiterate.

its my brain, i will let me know why i do things. youre unqualified.

Yes yes. You are the only smart person here who can read.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are seeing more and more of this happening though as the NFL is realizing that with all the media attention that it receives that there is more outrage by fans and the media than ever. So the easy punishments they dished out 10 years ago no longer satisfy us as fans. We want our pound of flesh so to speak. So I think the NFL is trying to play catch up and at times that means they think they are trying to get ahead of the curve by dishing out a huge punishment.

And Goodell is just being an idiot. He has taken a lot of "heat" (as he should have) and now he is trying to stop it from happening.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL wants to send the message that there can never again be cheating in league championship games. Doing so (and getting caught) is the very definition of conduct detrimental to the league because it calls into question the integrity of playoff games.

With that in mind, this punishment isn't that much over the top IMO. It sends a pretty damn clear message IMO.

Would you be saying the same thing if this happened to your team?

It's deflating a football by less than .5 PSI... Yes, it is cheating.... but it is an over reaction by Goodell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all live and learn from our mistakes.

then get luvs?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you only knew me...
Rock, I truly would love to have a few beers with you. You have a great sense of humor and if you believe it or not, my respect in a lot of ways. Few could be piled on as you have, kept a cool head, addressed each, and been as funny in doing it,

Only thought is, apply this to active threads, don't start two a day.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't weighed in much on this debate, as there really doesn't appear to be much use in doing so. But, what the hell, this story should have died already, or at least put on a back burner until more information came out (i.e. the appeal). No, it has to be discussed constantly.

Patriot fans, I know it was a big disappointment that the punishment came down. And, yeah it was harsh. But, acting like the NFL stripped Tom Brady of all his accomplishments, drug him into the streets and had him tarred and feathered before publicly executing him by firing squad for the equivalent of jay walking is a little much.

Tom Brady was not suspended for under inflated footballs. He was not suspended for a "conspiracy" to deflate footballs. He was not suspended for lying about it. The Patriots weren't punished for "repeat" offenses. Brady and the Patriots were punished for tarnishing the NFL shield.

This story was out there on networks that hardly cover sports (in general) or the NFL. FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, all ran stories about it. Hell, the morning after the punishment came down, the Today Show discussed it for nearly 10 minutes.

Tom Brady and the Patriots made the NFL look bad to the entire country/world. Will the suspension be overturned like it was in BountyGate (for the players), who knows, but the story went well beyond the football world and these are the consequences for that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock, I truly would love to have a few beers with you. You have a great sense of humor and if you believe it or not, my respect in a lot of ways. Few could be piled on as you have, kept a cool head, addressed each, and been as funny in doing it,

Only thought is, apply this to active threads, don't start two a day.
thanks man.

i appreciate that.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the cover-up is worse than the crime.

There is no overreaction here. He could have easily suspended him initially for 8 or 16 games. Instead, he chose a punishment closer to the low end. There are two punishable offenses in play, the violation of rules & the obstruction of the investigation.

As for the article, it just shows how deep the deflection infection runs among patriot nation.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be saying the same thing if this happened to your team?

Yeah I would. I'm a homer when it comes to playing on the field but not so much when it comes to off the field crap.

For example I wanted the NFL to hammer the Williams Wall during Starcaps and thought the appeals were complete BS.

And here is why I don't get why Pat's fans got their undies so twisted up in bunches: They just won the SB. If my team can cheat and win a SB and the only fine I have to pay is my QB misses 4 games the next season and I lose 1 draft pick, sign me up for cheating. The Pat's should be happy they won the SB and get to keep it. There are a lot of places like the NCAA and other organizations that would take away the SB win and wipe the last couple of games of the season from the record books entirely.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you want me to NOT post about something everyone says gives my favorite football team since i was 5 some kind of imaginary stain on their titles?

Well, I think what they're saying is that you're perpetuating it.

It reminds me of the situation a few months ago when noted genius David Ortiz decided he wanted people to stop talking about his PED usage, so he wrote some twelve page story about it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would. I'm a homer when it comes to playing on the field but not so much when it comes to off the field crap.

For example I wanted the NFL to hammer the Williams Wall during Starcaps and thought the appeals were complete BS.

And here is why I don't get why Pat's fans got their undies so twisted up in bunches: They just won the SB. If my team can cheat and win a SB and the only fine I have to pay is my QB misses 4 games the next season and I lose 1 draft pick, sign me up for cheating. The Pat's should be happy they won the SB and get to keep it. There are a lot of places like the NCAA and other organizations that would take away the SB win and wipe the last couple of games of the season from the record books entirely.
what about your vikes and the panthers both illegally using sideline heaters on footballs?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've had years of trying to defend our team... That's why.... I am not going as far as some do with going to Gillette and having a "save Brady" party because that was stupid... But after many years of getting bashed because of success it's just in our DNA to fight.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, typos are a direct sign of intellect...especially on spell check with an actual word.

mea culpa, you are better than i am.

It goes against my grain to call out typos, or spelling errors, but you have to admit, when someone fucks up a sentence telling someone(s) how stupid they are, there's some humor there. The "your an idiot" posts never seem to get old to me.

I always proofread the fuck out of comments where I call out someone's intelligence for that very reason.