• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Goodell HAS NO CHOICE but to uphold Bradys 4 game suspension

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Boston writer blah blah blah"

-idiots with a keyboard

i copied and pasted the crux of the article for those with raging cases of ADHD or ADBD (Attention Deficit Brady Disorder...i.e refuse to/afraid to read anything of substance on this issue\ as it may dent your own beliefs)

Why Roger Goodell Must Uphold Tom Bradys Four-Game Suspension CBS Boston

Put aside the fact that a four-month, high-cost investigation examined a year’s worth of text messages and circumstance and found only that something likely happened, and that Brady “generally” knew about it. Put aside the fact that there was no damning evidence on Brady in the Wells report. Put aside the fact that Goodell is not a lawyer and is wholly unqualified to be hearing the appeal. Put aside the fact that he is tiptoeing around the details of the CBA with the “Troy Vincent-issued punishment” baloney.

Put all of that aside for a moment and suspend reality long enough to live in the Candyland that Goodell likes to believe is real life. In this scenario, Goodell is The Law™, and after dropping the hammer two weeks ago, The Law™ can’t bend.

If he cuts back that suspension to, say, two games, he is admitting:

A) His initial punishment was over-the-top, not rooted in any precedent, and was too harsh.

B) The investigation that cost a rumored $5 million was insufficient and did not produce enough evidence to make a fair, sound disciplinary decision.

Furthermore, it seems reasonable to assume that even if he were given a shorter suspension, Brady would not even accept it. So if Brady were to take this to court, where it seems to inevitably be heading, the fact that Goodell weakened his own standing by lessening his own punishmentand his own league-sponsored investigation would not sit well with any neutral judge observing the case.

Backing down now and admitting that he made a heavy-handed ruling would bring about a healthy dose of embarrassment for the commissioner. It’s one thing when former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue, or U.S. District Judge David Doty, or former federal judge Barbara Jones states on the record that Goodell was wrong. What would happen if Goodell himself admitted this?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prove to me you can read.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about simply.

There's too much evidence against Brady.

Now isn't the truth so much easier to read through?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about simply.

There's too much evidence against Brady.

Now isn't the truth so much easier to read through?
illiterate!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see if any hooplans can read.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are now at the bargaining stage? Next week will likely bring about the depression stage.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) His initial punishment was over-the-top, not rooted in any precedent, and was too harsh.

Why should he care about this.... He already got screwed up numerous times with other cases.. This one isn't any different

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been fairly neutral on this whole Brady thing to this point. Even stuck up for Pat fans in many threads. You do realize that without exception you and your constant deflecting, excuses and whimpering are responsible for the vast majority of guys that could care less about this issue, jumping on the Pat fans, Brady and the franchise are dicks bandwagon, right?

Seriously, let it go for 24 hours and half these guys fall off the map. Let it go for a week and you are just dealing with 5 or 6 knuckleheads that you all the sudden have the upper hand on. Put your need for attention aside, do what is best for the Pats fans and take the high road for a change.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are now at the bargaining stage? Next week will likely bring about the depression stage.
im not the writer.

would you like his email?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been fairly neutral on this whole Brady thing to this point. Even stuck up for Pat fans in many threads. You do realize that without exception you and your constant deflecting, excuses and whimpering are responsible for the vast majority of guys that could care less about this issue, jumping on the Pat fans, Brady and the franchise are dicks bandwagon, right?

Seriously, let it go for 24 hours and half these guys fall off the map. Let it go for a week and you are just dealing with 5 or 6 knuckleheads that you all the sudden have the upper hand on. Put your need for attention aside, do what is best for the Pats fans and take the high road for a change.
thats patently false.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why should he care about this.... He already got screwed up numerous times with other cases.. This one isn't any different

This crime doesn't have a precedent.

Never before has a team cheated during a league championship game and gotten caught thus making it the entire news cycle leading up to the SB.

If Brady would have been caught deflating footballs in week 8, he would have been warned and maybe at the most the Pat's get hit with a minimal fine. It is not WHAT crime was committed....it was WHEN it was committed that matters.

In criminal law of course that makes no sense. But in NFL law, timing and public perception is all that matters. Really no different than the Rice deal. Before him hitting your wife in the NFL was no big deal. After that video surfaced, it became a HUGE deal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crime doesn't have a precedent.

Never before has a team cheated during a league championship game and gotten caught thus making it the entire news cycle leading up to the SB.

If Brady would have been caught deflating footballs in week 8, he would have been warned and maybe at the most the Pat's get hit with a minimal fine. It is not WHAT crime was committed....it was WHEN it was committed that matters.

In criminal law of course that makes no sense. But in NFL law timing and public perception is all that matters. Really no different than the Rice deal. Before him hitting your wife in the NFL was no big deal. After that video surfaced, it became a HUGE deal.

Just saying... This isn't the first time the "punishment" is "potentially" over the top.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats patently false.

Actually it is pretty accurate. Most of these issues die off in a matter of a week. The only reason this one has continued on this message board is because of your attitude towards every other poster and just need for this to stay at the top. I think most would rather talk about anything else. Heck for some teams OTA's are starting this week. Our first real look at the teams for this upcoming year. I care a whole heck of a lot more about that than the continued nonsense of deflategate.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying... This isn't the first time the "punishment" is "potentially" over the top.

The NFL wants to send the message that there can never again be cheating in league championship games. Doing so (and getting caught) is the very definition of conduct detrimental to the league because it calls into question the integrity of playoff games.

With that in mind, this punishment isn't that much over the top IMO. It sends a pretty damn clear message IMO.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is pretty accurate. Most of these issues die off in a matter of a week. The only reason this one has continued on this message board is because of your attitude towards every other poster and just need for this to stay at the top. I think most would rather talk about anything else. Heck for some teams OTA's are starting this week. Our first real look at the teams for this upcoming year. I care a whole heck of a lot more about that than the continued nonsense of deflategate.
"its all one poster"

ive started one pats thread in the last 6 days i think.

oops, there goes your theory...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we are seeing more and more of this happening though as the NFL is realizing that with all the media attention that it receives that there is more outrage by fans and the media than ever. So the easy punishments they dished out 10 years ago no longer satisfy us as fans. We want our pound of flesh so to speak. So I think the NFL is trying to play catch up and at times that means they think they are trying to get ahead of the curve by dishing out a huge punishment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"its all one poster"

ive started one pats thread in the last 6 days i think.

oops, there goes your theory...

You've also helped many others continue to stay at the top. Also look whats happened over the last 6 days since you stopped starting so many threads...There are actual discussions about other topics taking place. I've seen some discussion threads about other teams, the 2-point conversion, Ray McDonald, Uniforms, what type of fan you are...For the first time since everything went crazy about Deflategate the first page on here is not all Patriot posts. So see people were starting to calm down about it all. Yes there will be some still as it is still news with the whole will Brady's suspension be upheld kind of thing going on but for the most part it was starting to die off...You really want to keep it alive? Really if you are wanting it to go away then just stop posting about it. Otherwise you just continue to validate what most of us already know in you love the attention and would rather continue to be known as a troll than an actual serious poster who cares about having football conversations on a football board.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've also helped many others continue to stay at the top. Also look whats happened over the last 6 days since you stopped starting so many threads...There are actual discussions about other topics taking place. I've seen some discussion threads about other teams, the 2-point conversion, Ray McDonald, Uniforms, what type of fan you are...For the first time since everything went crazy about Deflategate the first page on here is not all Patriot posts. So see people were starting to calm down about it all. Yes there will be some still as it is still news with the whole will Brady's suspension be upheld kind of thing going on but for the most part it was starting to die off...You really want to keep it alive? Really if you are wanting it to go away then just stop posting about it. Otherwise you just continue to validate what most of us already know in you love the attention and would rather continue to be known as a troll than an actual serious poster who cares about having football conversations on a football board.
so...its NOT all my fault?

pick a stance and keep it.