• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Goodell HAS NO CHOICE but to uphold Bradys 4 game suspension

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes against my grain to call out typos, or spelling errors, but you have to admit, when someone fucks up a sentence telling someone(s) how stupid they are, there's some humor there. The "your an idiot" posts never seem to get old to me.

I always proofread the fuck out of comments where I call out someone's intelligence for that very reason.
i type a lot and way too fast to care :)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are seeing more and more of this happening though as the NFL is realizing that with all the media attention that it receives that there is more outrage by fans and the media than ever. So the easy punishments they dished out 10 years ago no longer satisfy us as fans. We want our pound of flesh so to speak. So I think the NFL is trying to play catch up and at times that means they think they are trying to get ahead of the curve by dishing out a huge punishment.

I agree with this a lot and think it's only getting worse. There's a limit to the punishments they can levy out. Unfortunately I think you need a sure-handed and strong willed commissioner that can navigate through this, to increase the penalties to the right infractions and tell the gin-fueled hysterics "no" when it's not the right penalty.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this a lot and think it's only getting worse. There's a limit to the punishments they can levy out. Unfortunately I think you need a sure-handed and strong willed commissioner that can navigate through this, to increase the penalties to the right infractions and tell the gin-fueled hysterics "no" when it's not the right penalty.

This is why I think the NFL rules need to be updated. Too much is left in the gray area for Goodell to have to interpret. They are starting to do this such as setting I think 6-game suspension for DV on the first offense. Now I would say they just need to set more up in that way that they can say this is what our rules say is the proper punishment and this is what we are going to do. I would say they need to talk with the NFLPA as well and come to an agreement. Stop having all of these appeals as it just makes both sides look like idiots. I would also say that any investigation that happens has to have whoever is doing the investigation approved by both the league and NFLPA. Then there is none of this favoritism idea going around. I would also say Goodell needs to be willing to put down his power to oversee any appeal. This would appease the players while also still having league officials be the one that oversees anything. It also opens up the possibility of a panel so that not just one person is making a decision. More discussion is being had that can come to better decisions overall.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about your vikes and the panthers both illegally using sideline heaters on footballs?

As I said earlier....it isn't the crime that what Brady and the Pat's are being punished for. They are being punished for the timing. Had they got caught doing this in week 8, it is totally a non-story and they would have faced a slap on the wrist.

But they got caught in the AFCCG. And thus the entire 2 week lead up to the SB was about one of the teams being cheaters.

Whether Pat's fans like it or not, this post-season was TERRIBLE from an NFL perspective. Instead of the playoffs and the Super Bowl being the yearly cure-all for all that ails the NFL (in a year that needed it more than most), this post season was all about the eventual SB champs being cheats. It's just bad for business long term. It's why the league offices just slapped them with a precedent setting penalty that will pretty much insure teams keep it clean during the postseason so this type of story doesn't drag the NFL down in future NFL postseasons.

Even Pat's fan should be for the penalty. It will keep teams from cheating in the future and nothing happens to your title. The only thing that sucks is the loss of a 1st round draft pick. Brady gets 4 games off which as an aging QB isn't the worst thing in the world. You get to see the Garapola kid for 4 games and get a jump start on your planning for time AB (after Brady). And the best thing is that teams like the Bills, Jet's and Miami are thinking about winning the division: which will make it that much sweeter when you win it again next year.

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think the NFL rules need to be updated. Too much is left in the gray area for Goodell to have to interpret.

*wow* Exactly what I'm thinking. Couldn't agree more.

I think in the past it was possible for the Commissioner to have some leeway and still come out with a reasonable decision but Goodell is not capable.

I also think he backed himself in the corner with the "new lawman in town" in philosophy and it's clear it's over his head.

They are starting to do this such as setting I think 6-game suspension for DV on the first offense. Now I would say they just need to set more up in that way that they can say this is what our rules say is the proper punishment and this is what we are going to do. I would say they need to talk with the NFLPA as well and come to an agreement. Stop having all of these appeals as it just makes both sides look like idiots. I would also say that any investigation that happens has to have whoever is doing the investigation approved by both the league and NFLPA. Then there is none of this favoritism idea going around.

Yep. We can argue over whether marijuana should be included but otherwise it's predictable and rarely gets any of the anger these other penalties are getting.

I would also say Goodell needs to be willing to put down his power to oversee any appeal. This would appease the players while also still having league officials be the one that oversees anything. It also opens up the possibility of a panel so that not just one person is making a decision. More discussion is being had that can come to better decisions overall.

Sounds good. The more they can keep this process away from media, the pundits and the internet the better off the NFL will be.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when you click on the below in the article you see 10 articles and all have to do with this crap in some way. If you hit more you get 7 more...1 red sox story...and then start again. Seems Mr Hurley is just like some Pats fans here and can think of nothing else.:cheer2:

read more from Michael Hurley by clicking here.
Michael Hurley CBS Boston

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see if any hooplans can read.
I've been reading your delusional thoughts for weeks now. Isn't that enough proof I can read? Or do your writing skills not require much reading comprehension?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading your delusional thoughts for weeks now. Isn't that enough proof I can read? Or do your writing skills not require much reading comprehension?
i was a pretty solid writer when i got my english degree from williams.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had years of trying to defend our team... That's why.... I am not going as far as some do with going to Gillette and having a "save Brady" party because that was stupid... But after many years of getting bashed because of success it's just in our DNA to fight.
So it's our fault that you have to defend your team all the time? Oh sorry it's only because you win...gotcha that has cleared everything up. Maybe tell your team to just play ball and quit the BS I'm sure most of us would appreciate that....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had years of trying to defend our team... That's why.... I am not going as far as some do with going to Gillette and having a "save Brady" party because that was stupid... But after many years of getting bashed because of success it's just in our DNA to fight.

I can understand that but, I think if you chose your battles this isn't one I'd try to fight.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's our fault that you have to defend your team all the time? Oh sorry it's only because you win...gotcha that has cleared everything up. Maybe tell your team to just play ball and quit the BS I'm sure most of us would appreciate that....

You know I was just thinking, it really doesn't matter what you have to say, the Phins aren't going to win the division this year either.:nod:
Give us a shout when they decided to stop sucking and field a playoff level team.:pound:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that but, I think if you chose your battles this isn't one I'd try to fight.

as a fan you are right... But as a player then you have to fight

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

get your panties out of a bunch there FinFan.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes against my grain to call out typos, or spelling errors, but you have to admit, when someone fucks up a sentence telling someone(s) how stupid they are, there's some humor there. The "your an idiot" posts never seem to get old to me.

I always proofread the fuck out of comments where I call out someone's intelligence for that very reason.

I get what you are saying. Unfortunately, we are having problems with the spell check going nuts along with some weird bugs. When you spell check, properly spelled words look right and can be missed.
Rock is working on a higher production level. He is going to miss a few typos......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier....it isn't the crime that what Brady and the Pat's are being punished for. They are being punished for the timing. Had they got caught doing this in week 8, it is totally a non-story and they would have faced a slap on the wrist.

But they got caught in the AFCCG. And thus the entire 2 week lead up to the SB was about one of the teams being cheaters.

Whether Pat's fans like it or not, this post-season was TERRIBLE from an NFL perspective. Instead of the playoffs and the Super Bowl being the yearly cure-all for all that ails the NFL (in a year that needed it more than most), this post season was all about the eventual SB champs being cheats. It's just bad for business long term. It's why the league offices just slapped them with a precedent setting penalty that will pretty much insure teams keep it clean during the postseason so this type of story doesn't drag the NFL down in future NFL postseasons.

Even Pat's fan should be for the penalty. It will keep teams from cheating in the future and nothing happens to your title. The only thing that sucks is the loss of a 1st round draft pick. Brady gets 4 games off which as an aging QB isn't the worst thing in the world. You get to see the Garapola kid for 4 games and get a jump start on your planning for time AB (after Brady). And the best thing is that teams like the Bills, Jet's and Miami are thinking about winning the division: which will make it that much sweeter when you win it again next year.

Ok, I'll jump in on this.

Before Spygate, Belichick complained to the new Commish that Miami had cheated in a game winning by 23-0.
They admitted cheating by electronically separating Brady's signal calling from the crowd noise.
Goodell did nothing. Belichick set out to push the issue and the rest is legend.

I don't think expecting Pats fans to accept Goodells lashing out at the Patriots with his control agenda on the line,
is reallistic. Are you not tired of Goodell's shit?