• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the teams with an up tempo offense that Alabama has beat since Saban has been head coach.

Once you get past 0, let us all know. (And yes, that includes aTm from last year, because they don't play an up tempo offense. They just have a mobile QB.)

Not sure what you would classify as up tempo then but lets just say they've beaten 61 teams in the past 5 years. How has your team done?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Saban said when you have drives going 18 plays. this is different than running 80 plays a game. Oregon did not have more than the handful of drives that lasted that long.

No Saban said with 160 plays or so being run it might be a good idea to do a study on injuries. I see people laugh at this but why aren't they laughing at all the studies and rules being implemented on hitting hard around the chest level or higher? Seems to me a legitimate question!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 pages of Oregon vs bama?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record HuskerOC almost all the teams are running some form of hunh offense during the game including Alabama!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About normal.

You can't.

:lol:

Everyone else is trying to give me shit saying I don't like it because A&M beat us. You on the other hand come in from left field and say that A&M doesn't even count as an up tempo team.

Meanwhile, my complaint isn't even about the tempo to begin with.

You haters are funny.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you would classify as up tempo then but lets just say they've beaten 61 teams in the past 5 years. How has your team done?

Has nothing to do with my team.

What up tempo team has Alabama beat the last 5 years?

There aren't many in college football. Amongst AQ teams you have Oregon. Not many other AQ conference teams really stretch the up tempo style other than Oklahoma State and....well, that would really be it.

Sure, there are teams that "press" the pace, but truly up tempo? Many run no-huddle like Clemson but they aren't pressing the pace or running up tempo, they are just dictacting substitutions and matchups.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record HuskerOC almost all the teams are running some form of hunh offense during the game including Alabama!

Again, no huddle is completely different than up tempo.

And yes, even Bama runs no huddle even with your power run game.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There aren't many in college football. Amongst AQ teams you have Oregon. Not many other AQ conference teams really stretch the up tempo style other than Oklahoma State and....well, that would really be it.

Sure, there are teams that "press" the pace, but truly up tempo? Many run no-huddle like Clemson but they aren't pressing the pace or running up tempo, they are just dictacting substitutions and matchups.

Perhaps you would like them to slap a disclaimer sticker on their trophy case.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Saban said with 160 plays or so being run it might be a good idea to do a study on injuries. I see people laugh at this but why aren't they laughing at all the studies and rules being implemented on hitting hard around the chest level or higher? Seems to me a legitimate question!

it only takes 1 play to have an injury. the problem with the high hits and targeting is that these are not fundamentally safe tackles. remember peewee? head up wrap up keep your feet moving? not lower your head hit with the top of your helmet aim at their head/chest and launch yourself at them like a missile

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ummm, not to get off topic but we averaged 85 plays a game last year. Oregon 82, Okie State 79, A&M 83.
The only teams that averaged more plays per game than the Tigers were Marshall with 93 and La Tech with 88. We were THE up tempo, pace pressing Offense in college football last year.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it only takes 1 play to have an injury. the problem with the high hits and targeting is that these are not fundamentally safe tackles. remember peewee? head up wrap up keep your feet moving? not lower your head hit with the top of your helmet aim at their head/chest and launch yourself at them like a missile

You mean like this? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing legit about that hit.

When you hit shoulder to shoulder helmets will touch. But he didn't lead with his helmet which is what would have made it an illegal hit.

Murray was fine after the hit too.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you hit shoulder to shoulder helmets will touch. But he didn't lead with his helmet which is what would have made it an illegal hit.

Murray was fine after the hit too.

You can defend it anyway you want, but that was a cheap shot and H2H. You know it, I know it, the college football lovin world knows it.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can defend it anyway you want, but that was a cheap shot and H2H. You know it, I know it, the college football lovin world knows it.

This is helmet to helmet:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RfJwSkMU8]Anquan Boldin Knocked Out By Eric Smith - Cardinals vs Jets - YouTube[/ame]'

Just because helmets touch doesn't make a hit illegal. Dial was leading with his shoulder, not his helmet.

This is why football is getting pussified. Anytime there is a big hit everyone cries foul.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another helmet to helmet hit. Notice again the defender is leading with his head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VESKYKlcDo]Austin Collie Big Hit - YouTube[/ame]

I would have no trouble saying it was an illegal hit if I thought it was. It's not that big of a deal either way in terms of me being a fan. But I see a player leading with his shoulder, not his helmet.