• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because my team has won 3 crystal trophies in the last 4 years I can't have an opinion on issues I care about and think are inequitable? Wow!

Like I have been saying.... 4 out of 5 posts in RE: to me, OD, or the Ducks is a bit more than having an opinion... More so of obsessive behavior bordering on stalking.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't worried about Oregon, but I do worry about the direction of the game.

and while I disagree, that has been evident from the start of this thread. Nothing wrong with holding that opinion even though I would obviously disagree strongly.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have been saying.... 4 out of 5 posts in RE: to me, OD, or the Ducks is a bit more than having an opinion... More so of obsessive behavior bordering on stalking.

Lets see. OP creates thread, fans write posts, other posters comment on those posts. Is it my fault every other post made is by you, OD, or another Duuck fan? Maybe it's your obsession. As for stalking. It is impossible to comment on a thread and NOT run into a post you made or should I say hundreds of post you've made? To avoid it looking like stalking you, no one could write on a thread! :whistle:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see. OP creates thread, fans write posts, other posters comment on those posts. Is it my fault every other post made is by you, OD, or another Duuck fan? Maybe it's your obsession. As for stalking. It is impossible to comment on a thread and NOT run into a post you made or should I say hundreds of post you've made? To avoid it looking like stalking you, no one could write on a thread! :whistle:

Gimme a break. The evidence speaks for itself.

and it aint going to change. I will post quite a bit here from here til the end of the season and beyond. And I am sure you are bound to find more Duck fans including OD do the same.

If it bothers you so much maybe this place just isnt for you. There are several threads I dont participate in and the number of Oregon threads is exaggerated by you.

It aint gonna change. You should accept it and Learn to get used to it or move on if we bother you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 posts on the first two pages alone made by Oregon posters and two or three by Trojanfan who might as well be. Several others by fans of West coast teams. So when I respond to those comments I'm stalking or obsessed? :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba
You really needed to read my post that got this thread back up. I really don't condone faking injuries or cramping up. However, I do have a major problem with these offenses and not for Saban's or Bielama's reasons! Although Saban talks about not sure this is the direction the game should take. I don't like what it's doing to the game. If they would just do what the NFL does it would be fair. Obviously the NFL thinks so. You think the NFL are stalkers and obsessed with you and Oregon too?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record I make 50+ posts a day..... Most in the CFB forum but several elsewhere.

WHen you consider the number of posts in the CFB forum alone daily... Well, I am just another dewd posting. But it seems like it urks you to no end

1 How much I post
2 How many Duck fans there are
3 Duck fans proud of their team and facilities

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue bothers me. I seem to bother you! :nod:

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER seen anyone "fake" an injury against a fast-paced offense. What are you talking about?
You aren't watching close enough.

It used to be an old trick to get a time out for the defense when the offense was on a drive and the other team was out of TOs or needed one for later. One time in the 80s when I was a kid, I remember 3 Notre Dame players fell down after a play and faked injuries. And a teammate of one of the fakers kicked one of them and yelled at him to get up since his act was terrible.

Now it's a trick to slow down fast-paced offenses. Bush league and stupid. But, it sometimes works.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record I make 50+ posts a day..... Most in the CFB forum but several elsewhere.

WHen you consider the number of posts in the CFB forum alone daily... Well, I am just another dewd posting. But it seems like it urks you to no end

1 How much I post
2 How many Duck fans there are
3 Duck fans proud of their team and facilities

no problem with #1 or #2. Yes I mentioned #1 it twice but so have many others I've seen but it does not bother me. What does is #3 which if Bama fans wrote and started the threads one after another about how great this is or that is concerning their team you would have a field day talking about them trolling. I couldn't even imagine the war you would put on them. And they have won things!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 posts on the first two pages alone made by Oregon posters and two or three by Trojanfan who might as well be. Several others by fans of West coast teams. So when I respond to those comments I'm stalking or obsessed? :L

You create threead aimed at fast paced offenses... Oregon does it better than anyone.

Now, Shown your obsession with Oregon I am going to go out on a limb and suggest this was aimed at the Ducks. You expect our fans not to show up and defend an OP that states faking injuries is cool and teams should do it?

Yourn OP BamaTee...

... fake injuries.

The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

Think about it.
It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU pretty much admitted to doing it to Alabama several years ago (I think 2009 @ BDS) and it nearly cost Bama the game so its not just a fast paced offense issue. Bottom line it is against the rules, unethical and unsportsman like.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't watching close enough.

It used to be an old trick to get a time out for the defense when the offense was on a drive and the other team was out of TOs or needed one for later. One time in the 80s when I was a kid, I remember 3 Notre Dame players fell down after a play and faked injuries. And a teammate of one of the fakers kicked one of them and yelled at him to get up since his act was terrible.

Now it's a trick to slow down fast-paced offenses. Bush league and stupid. But, it sometimes works.

I've seen all those tactics as well. But the answer is what the NFL is doing. That is all. Get the ball in play in a timely manner and let the teams play. In no shape or form should officials have to run and place the ball in play so the offense can snap it or come to the line and stand there. It's ridiculous!!! Fans of these offense are not going to agree but it's true. Even listen to some of their reasons. Things like "our team can't compete straight up with the big strong programs so...". That right there tells you there is trickery and deception to playing the game. Truth be known, I agree faking injuries would be somewhat bogus, but I tend to not have a problem with it unless they make the game more equitable!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

Think about it. It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

How do you see this as attacking Oregon? It is discussing something I take issue to and that is not allowing the defenses to play the way they should be allowed to play. That is all. Again, run it like the NFL and NO problems!!!

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen all those tactics as well. But the answer is what the NFL is doing. That is all. Get the ball in play in a timely manner and let the teams play. In no shape or form should officials have to run and place the ball in play so the offense can snap it or come to the line and stand there. It's ridiculous!!! Fans of these offense are not going to agree but it's true. Even listen to some of their reasons. Things like "our team can't compete straight up with the big strong programs so...". That right there tells you there is trickery and deception to playing the game. Truth be known, I agree faking injuries would be somewhat bogus, but I tend to not have a problem with it unless they make the game more equitable!
That I agree with. That's getting the refs to influence the game. However, you can still be very fast-paced with the NFL way too.

Regarding those excuses. Very valid. Deception is a huge part of how less talented teams compete. Look at how BSU did OU in during the Fiesta Bowl a while back.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see this as attacking Oregon? It is discussing something I take issue to and that is not allowing the defenses to play the way they should be allowed to play. That is all. Again, run it like the NFL and NO problems!!!

And once again, reading skills BamaTee. You assume way too much bro. Did I say "attacking Oregon"

If I did I dont remember and its time to lay off the hippie lettuce.

I did say when you post "Oregon fans do it all the time" It is a pretty darned good assumption the thread was created aimed at Oregon. And now you say we fans shouldnt show up and defend our stance on the matter?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Basically, what you are saying is that teams like Bama have an inherent advantage and anything that attempts to mitigate that is not equitable. Think about that for second

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well first off it goes far beyond this thread.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Basically, what you are saying is that teams like Bama have an inherent advantage and anything that attempts to mitigate that is not equitable. Think about that for second

QUESTION FOR ALL THE POSTERS WHO SAY I AM TRYING TO KEEP ALABAMA AT AN ADVANTAGE OR DOGGING OREGON OR CONDONING INJURIES.

What's wrong with the NFL way? Seems the fairest way to me!

sung in the tune of SEC SEC SEC but NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL :laugh3:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUESTION FOR ALL THE POSTERS WHO SAY I AM TRYING TO KEEP ALABAMA AT AN ADVANTAGE OR DOGGING OREGON OR CONDONING INJURIES.

What's wrong with the NFL way? Seems the fairest way to me!

sung in the tune of SEC SEC SEC but NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL :laugh3:
-
Whats wrong with the way CFB does it? If the offense substitutes, the defense gets a chance. I do not see anything that is inherently unfair with that. There are about 100 post and not one person has come up with a reason why it is unfair.