• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a cheap shot.

Murray got intercepted on the play and was running towards the guy with the ball.

You call that running? shuffling very slowly is more like it. It sure looked like it was a helmet to face/chin shot too. Though, I really wouldn't expect you to see that with the crimson glasses and all that/

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazygirl_medium_medium.gif

WTH??????

Oh thats the game where Mamba streaked across the field, looks like that coed that it was really small...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call that running? shuffling very slowly is more like it. It sure looked like it was a helmet to face/chin shot too. Though, I really wouldn't expect you to see that with the crimson glasses and all that/

The next time he throws an INT he is free to sit his ass on the ground and not get hit. Otherwise, it's his own damn fault for not paying attention to where he was running.

I bet you've complained about the hit more than he has. Then again - he's a football player and you're just a jealous hater.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its settled! an all out search party to get mimic over here.... All yall go find him...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not bumping this thread to get it to the top I just think something occurred that helps me explain what I was trying to say. I am NOT in favor of players faking injuiries to slow down offenses. I said I thought it was ok if they didn't do anything to change the rules which give the offenses total control.

I remember the days after a long play down field, players had to get down there or refs would throw falgs but they didn't make them run full speed so the offense could run a play. They wouldn't let them walk but as long as they were showing effort to get back it was ok. Now the officials run as fast as they can to accommodate the offense. That is wrong in my opinion and guess who else's opinion? THE NFL!!! Yes, the most popular and powerful level of sport will NOT rush to accommodate Chip Kelly. See below link. If they did this at the college level I would have no problem. Now the fans of teams who run this offense are so blind to it's unfairness it's ridiculous! Let them play but as long as the ball is being put back at a decent pace it is just wrong to think the officials should be controlled by the offenses!!! The defense should have the right to substitute when they want! Not only when the offenses does. This diminishes depth, talent, recruiting and coaching.

A quote from the article:
"We have to make sure teams understand that they don't control the tempo, our officials do," Blandino said.

Chip Kelly will slow down Eagles offense to pace of officials - CBSSports.com

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm BamaTee. WHy are you so obsessed with lil ol Oregon?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He switches his obsessions on a regular basis. You know you have made it big time when he obsesses over you Mamba. Welcome!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He switches his obsessions on a regular basis. You know you have made it big time when he obsesses over you Mamba. Welcome!

Like he keeps saying, 3 of 4. Alabama fans worrying about Oregon is kinda silly when you are sitting on the best cfb program, the best HC, the best recruits... etc.

I dont think he is, but it sure makes it appear Oregon is a threat to him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he keeps saying, 3 of 4. Alabama fans worrying about Oregon is kinda silly when you are sitting on the best cfb program, the best HC, the best recruits... etc.

I dont think he is, but it sure makes it appear Oregon is a threat to him.

I ain't worried about Oregon, but I do worry about the direction of the game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SHit man. If Oregon had one Crystal Ball over these last 3 years, other teams offensive pace and or schemes, facilities, and fan support. wouldnt mean jack shit to me. Let alone 3 out of 4 and a favorite for 2013 to add a 4th in 5 years.

Dare I say, This shit would roll off my back similar to water off a Duck's back

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ding ding ding!!! 4down, some people's egos make them think otherwise! This is about how the game should be played. Does Mamba think Oregon is the only team to run a fast tempo offense? Kind of self centered, don't you think? :nod:

If the NFL has issue with it why does it bother you that I have a problem with it? You have really taken this personal. What word is it many long time SportsHoopla members like to use? Butthurt?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHit man. If Oregon had one Crystal Ball over these last 3 years, other teams offensive pace and or schemes, facilities, and fan support. wouldnt mean jack shit to me. Let alone 3 out of 4 and a favorite for 2013 to add a 4th in 5 years.

Dare I say, This shit would roll off my back similar to water off a Duck's back

So because my team has won 3 crystal trophies in the last 4 years I can't have an opinion on issues I care about and think are inequitable? Wow!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding ding ding!!! 4down, some people's egos make them think otherwise! This is about how the game should be played. Does Mamba think Oregon is the only team to run a fast tempo offense? Kind of self centered, don't you think? :nod:

If the NFL has issue with it why does it bother you that I have a problem with it? You have really taken this personal. What word is it many long time SportsHoopla members like to use? Butthurt?

is it me you are obsessed with or my CFB team? Not once have I ever made such a ridiculous claim. But since your Oregon obsession runs deep as evident by 4 out of 5 posts mentioning either me, OD, or the Ducks..... This thread was obviously aimed at Oregon.

And even if it werent. I am going to show up and tell you that it is chicken shit to fake injuries to slow down said offenses.