• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a prime example of winning a game every where but on the scoreboard by LSU.:nod:

Agreed... but I also feel the same way about the game in T-town the previous year, so we can call it even...well I guess not really even, since we got two NC out of those two years, but we split the regular season games.

Personally I think everyone is making way too much about two quotes from two coaches who were asked a direct question that they had not spent a whole lot of time thinking about. I personally doubt Saban spends half as much time thinking about it as everybody on this thread has spent talking about it. It's not like it's a big secret that teams like A&M and Oregon are going to run this type of offense.

I think if you look at the numbers, they haven't fared particularly well against good defensive teams. In fact, I think Oregon has reached the point in their talent and ability to recruit where they won't get over the hump unless they start being a little more thunder and a little less lightning. I think if you look at some of the guys Kelly recruited over the last couple of years, particularly in the trenches, I think he thought so too.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your view on this is worse than people opposing the forward pass.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been pointed out, the defense can substitute any time the offense does. And faking injury is a pussy way to deal with it!! If my team ever resorted to that I'd be embarrassed and pissed!!

As for, if the rules addressed this issue, the rules do address the issue. Hurry up offenses are allowed by the rules and faking an injury is not.

instead USC will just change uniforms in the middle of the game or defalte the balls

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been pointed out, the defense can substitute any time the offense does.

That is bullshit and you and I both know it. All the O will do is snap the ball. I also don't want to hear about running your unit out there quick enough. Not going to happen.

Also as pointed out, the long putter was legal for 20 years. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt the integrity of the game! It will now be illegal. (anchoring)

I've watched hurry up offenses get pissed at the refs because they didn't run fast enough to get the ball back in play. Give me a break. It amazes me that some people think a team should be able to run plays when the other team is not ready. Talk about cheating! Hey look over there and when they do run a play! This is becoming back yard football. Maybe defenses should have to count one Mississippi, two Mississippi, etc before rushing. It's not fair they might rush to fast and hurt the QB! :L

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you look at the numbers, they haven't fared particularly well against good defensive teams. In fact, I think Oregon has reached the point in their talent and ability to recruit where they won't get over the hump unless they start being a little more thunder and a little less lightning. I think if you look at some of the guys Kelly recruited over the last couple of years, particularly in the trenches, I think he thought so too.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. 6'1" 220 lb Royce Freeman. #18 player in class of 2014 according to 24/7 sports.:yahoo: We happy! Got an SEC RB:noidea: Hopefully he pans out:nod:

1197176.jpg

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is bullshit and you and I both know it. All the O will do is snap the ball. I also don't want to hear about running your unit out there quick enough. Not going to happen.

Also as pointed out, the long putter was legal for 20 years. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt the integrity of the game! It will now be illegal. (anchoring)

I've watched hurry up offenses get pissed at the refs because they didn't run fast enough to get the ball back in play. Give me a break. It amazes me that some people think a team should be able to run plays when the other team is not ready. Talk about cheating! Hey look over there and when they do run a play! This is becoming back yard football. Maybe defenses should have to count one Mississippi, two Mississippi, etc before rushing. It's not fair they might rush to fast and hurt the QB! :L

It's not BS they can substitute when ever they want, if you think they can't your one dumb SOB! :laugh3::lol::wtf2:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! How did he get away? :noidea:

He's a West Coast dewd through and through. Plus in never hurts when the biggest HS talent camp in the nation is held in Beaverton, OR at Nike campus. Surprised they allow it honestly...:noidea:

But we aint complaining out in Weed Country.... We PARTYIN!!!

Zl4vE.gif

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a West Coast dewd through and through. Plus in never hurts when the biggest HS talent camp in the nation is held in Beaverton, OR at Nike campus. Surprised they allow it honestly...:noidea:

Zl4vE.gif

I lold at this post.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not BS they can substitute when ever they want, if you think they can't your one dumb SOB! :laugh3::lol::wtf2:

Ok, I'm going to try and say this loud enough for you to hear me. I KNOW THEY CAN!!! I'M SAYING THAT IF THEY TRY TO SUBSTITUTE, THE OFFENSE IS JUST GOING TO SNAP THE BALL. NOW I ALSO KNOW IF THE OFFENSE DOES SUBSTITUTE THE DEFENSE GETS TO DO SO AUTOMATICALLY AS WELL. CAN YOU HEAR ME? :argue:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lold at this post.

I know bro. I laughed my fuckin ass off when I saw this episode with my kid. Re winded it like 5 times.

I have a 10 year old who loves Regular Show. Best cartoon outside of Family Guy on TV...:lol:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zl4vE.gif

Y'all didn't even need Willie Lyles, did you? :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm going to try and say this loud enough for you to hear me. I KNOW THEY CAN!!! I'M SAYING THAT IF THEY TRY TO SUBSTITUTE, THE OFFENSE IS JUST GOING TO SNAP THE BALL. NOW I ALSO KNOW IF THE OFFENSE DOES SUBSTITUTE THE DEFENSE GETS TO DO SO AUTOMATICALLY AS WELL. CAN YOU HEAR ME? :argue:

When you start posting in caps, does that mean you are super pissed?

Lets go Ute. You are one of a couple teams in the country that has actually beat these guise. Lets have it....

qB7b6.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all didn't even need Willie Lyles, did you? :L

nope. But they did use the biggest recruiting service in Cali. Still can use em. Just limited. If we get a 5 star from Texas. I will be :L with you bud

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you start posting in caps, does that mean you are super pissed?

Lets go Ute. You are one of a couple teams in the country that has actually beat these guise. Lets have it....

qB7b6.gif

No, yelled it so he could hear me. :doh: Them Utes are tough!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND FUCK URBAN MEYER!

just thought id throw that out. Gonna be interesting tonight. Got a 30 pack of Currs on ice. 6 deep, feelin good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SO whats the problem? Offense runs it fast and says your 11 can't play with our 11. That is not manly according to you. It is manly to say that it is unfair to make it 11 v 11, because we get tired and need to substitute. Trying to understand that stance

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND FUCK URBAN MEYER!

just thought id throw that out. Gonna be interesting tonight. Got a 30 pack of Currs on ice. 6 deep, feelin good.

You going to have all kinds of interesting threads come morning! :drink: