• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Boston is the best

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyre members of the big 4 leagues

NBA
NHL
NFL
MLB

anything outside of that is minor leagues/semi pro.

i played in the echl for a week. i dont consider myself a pro hockey player.

If you think sports only has those 4 leagues then sir you have been hiding under a rock. Those 4 leagues don't even have the most valuable franchise in the world. Heck of the teams you listed the first one doesn't even appear until 8th on the list of most valuable teams in the world and isn't the most valuable even in the NFL. None of the teams you listed are even considered the most valuable in their respective sport. While yes they have had some recent success for the most part those teams have been bottom barrel teams for many years. A 15 year stretch in sports is a drop in the bucket.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boston... we piss excellence.

Answer it Dumbo. How did it feel prior to your strategic slice of Boston history after 2001?

Prior to 2001 as a Pats fan? Sox fan? How did it feel?

Ohh that's right ya just hopped on. Pathetic

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think sports only has those 4 leagues then sir you have been hiding under a rock. Those 4 leagues don't even have the most valuable franchise in the world. Heck of the teams you listed the first one doesn't even appear until 8th on the list of most valuable teams in the world and isn't the most valuable even in the NFL. None of the teams you listed are even considered the most valuable in their respective sport. While yes they have had some recent success for the most part those teams have been bottom barrel teams for many years. A 15 year stretch in sports is a drop in the bucket.
soccer is for homosexuals if thats what youre referring to:

mKwgsia.gif

as far as the US is concerned, its the 4 big ones and thats it. any counter-argument is wrong.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer it Dumbo. How did it feel prior to your strategic slice of Boston history after 2001?

Prior to 2001 as a Pats fan? Sox fan? How did it feel?

Ohh that's right ya just hopped on. Pathetic
i answered you.

i thot you read it.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mKwgsia.gif

as far as the US is concerned, its the 4 big ones and thats it. any counter-argument is wrong.
MLS is the 3rd most attended sporting league in America

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLS is the 3rd most attended sporting league in America
im sure, doesnt make it any less gay.

this country is full of immigrants.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha haaaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!

Now that the Sox are out of their 89 years of losing and the Patriots have turned what was the laughing stock in the NFL around it is now the place to be....

Yeah let's just use since 2001 bc before that Boston is a dumpster fire.

I'm on the floor...lol

But the point is that before the Red Sox and Patriots caught on, you had multiple championships from the Bruins and double digit championships from the Celtics.

And even when the Red Sox lost it was often "epic" Carlton Fisk, Bill Buckner. It's a good sports town. There are few that have had better success.

How did they account for the Yankees and their 20 something championships?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder what sport out next title will be in?

rev's are overdue. id go to a gay soccer parade. lots of latina chicks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure, doesnt make it any less gay.

this country is full of immigrants.

You realize how stupid this statement is right? I mean the majority of the country is immigrants. My family came over from Germany 200 years ago. I'm sure your family did something similar. I mean unless you are a full blood Native American every single person otherwise is in some way connected to being an immigrant in this country. Just because you don't like soccer doesn't mean you can just throw it off to the side. I mean somebody presents you with stats of how big it is becoming in this country and your first reaction is to call it gay. Maybe that is a sign that you have nothing to actually add to the conversation and usually at that point it is just better to be silent than sound like an idiot. I mean that is a 5th grade response. If you are trying to prove that everything from Boston is great then actually sounding half way educated would probably help your cause.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mKwgsia.gif

Got to love that somebody shows soccer is the 3rd most popular sport in the country and here you are saying there is no counter-argument to what you have said. Usually when you speak in absolutes like this it is absolutely sure to blow up in your face.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love that somebody shows soccer is the 3rd most popular sport in the country and here you are saying there is no counter-argument to what you have said. Usually when you speak in absolutes like this it is absolutely sure to blow up in your face.
I honestly think he's just trolling, waiting for someone to say how rude and arrogant Boston fans are. Rep that stereotype Rock, rep it hard

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize how stupid this statement is right? I mean the majority of the country is immigrants. My family came over from Germany 200 years ago. I'm sure your family did something similar. I mean unless you are a full blood Native American every single person otherwise is in some way connected to being an immigrant in this country. Just because you don't like soccer doesn't mean you can just throw it off to the side. I mean somebody presents you with stats of how big it is becoming in this country and your first reaction is to call it gay. Maybe that is a sign that you have nothing to actually add to the conversation and usually at that point it is just better to be silent than sound like an idiot. I mean that is a 5th grade response. If you are trying to prove that everything from Boston is great then actually sounding half way educated would probably help your cause.
you're an idiot more often than you give yourself credit for.

immigrants, especially latin amercan immigrants, love soccer.

if id have to take an educated guess, half of the MLS fans are immigrants or children of immigrants mostly from south of texas.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLS is still a 5th tier sport in this country. its on its way, but as of today?

ask tv revenues.

ask ratings.

shit, ask athletes endorsements.

real soccer players come to MLS to hang on and die.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're an idiot more often than you give yourself credit for.

immigrants, especially latin amercan immigrants, love soccer.

if id have to take an educated guess, half of the MLS fans are immigrants or children of immigrants mostly from south of texas.

Again this entire country is built on immigration. Unless you are a full blood Native American you have no claim to call out immigrants coming to our country. Who cares where they are coming from if it is South America or wherever an immigrant is an immigrant. Now I have no clue what generation you are from when your ancestors came over to this country but again at one point your entire family was in that same boat as anybody that is coming over right now. That is just part of what it means to be American. Did your schools in Boston not teach you about the country being called "The Melting Pot"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what makes these threads so bad. You have a guy stating some facts and yeah, sorta beating his chest. Then along comes someone who hates the other guy's city and teams and starts to shit on the information presented. Then it becomes, fuck you, no fuk yew, I fucked your mother, your sister gives lousy head, your brothers ass is better than your sister's mouth.........

Strongo loves Boston, Tgann hates Boston........................they shouldn't be allowed in the same thread.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this entire country is built on immigration. Unless you are a full blood Native American you have no claim to call out immigrants coming to our country. Who cares where they are coming from if it is South America or wherever an immigrant is an immigrant. Now I have no clue what generation you are from when your ancestors came over to this country but again at one point your entire family was in that same boat as anybody that is coming over right now. That is just part of what it means to be American. Did your schools in Boston not teach you about the country being called "The Melting Pot"
why are you telling guy who majored in history at williams...about history?

i'm 3rd generation american. my nonni came on the bat, as did my pop...he came to fight in WW2 with his brothers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you telling guy who majored in history at williams...about history?

i'm 3rd generation american. my nonni came on the bat, as did my pop...he came to fight in WW2 with his brothers.

Because you are talking about how 50% of those who watch Soccer in this country are immigrants when your family are immigrants as well. Also just because you majored in something doesn't mean you actually know what you are talking about on the subject. I know plenty who majored in something that have no clue on the actual subject. I mean there are plenty of people who majored in business who ran businesses right into the ground with very bad business practices. In my line of work in counseling there have been plenty of people who have no clue what they are doing when talking to a person with whatever issue it may be. Plus just in that realm there are so many different types of counseling that some are really great at marriage counseling but would have no clue about helping someone with drug and alcohol problems. Same with history in there is so much history that has happened on this planet that to consider yourself an expert in history when I would bet you only know a fraction of actual history compared to what has happened means very little to this conversation.